Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Roster Comparison Chart (from reddit)

Comments

• NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,416
    Not bad but I think monstruous infantry and ranged cavalry should have been placed, cause he said ''ranged infantry'' but some gray are cav !

• mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    I did a quick check of GW's website, to see what units they currently sell for the Chaos Gods factions and which are missing from these rosters. Note, many of these units were released during Age of Sigmar and never were part of 8th edition (though I don't think any of them don't work in Old WH). I also didn't count lord/hero options as they'd be a ton of choices.

I believe every unit here, except for Flaming Horrors, is from End Times or Age of Sigmar. I could see some of these being added in DLC with GW's permission, but I'm not exactly surprised with the current mono-god rosters.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,456
    edited November 2021
    Pusgoyl Blightlords would work perfectly for WH. They are basically just Blightkings on Rot flies and the Nurgle equivalent of Skullcrushers.

Hope they come with the Glottkin LP together with Maggot Riders and Blightkings.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,506
    mw51630 said:

I did a quick check of GW's website, to see what units they currently sell for the Chaos Gods factions and which are missing from these rosters. Note, many of these units were released during Age of Sigmar and never were part of 8th edition (though I don't think any of them don't work in Old WH). I also didn't count lord/hero options as they'd be a ton of choices.

I believe every unit here, except for Flaming Horrors, is from End Times or Age of Sigmar. I could see some of these being added in DLC with GW's permission, but I'm not exactly surprised with the current mono-god rosters.

AoS isn't coming. It's in the FAQ.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157

mw51630 said:

All info is subject to change, and they use models/miniature designs from AoS and End Times. I could absolutely see CA asking GW to use at minimum Slaangors and Tzaangors, or other units from AoS but changing the names so they're less "AoS-y."

Back to my point though, there are very few missing units from the rosters that are actually from 8th but are also being sold today by GW.
    mw51630 said:

mw51630 said:

All info is subject to change, and they use models/miniature designs from AoS and End Times. I could absolutely see CA asking GW to use at minimum Slaangors and Tzaangors, or other units from AoS but changing the names so they're less "AoS-y."

Back to my point though, there are very few missing units from the rosters that are actually from 8th but are also being sold today by GW.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

The chances that they go out of their way to bluntly state AoS isn't coming then go ahead and add AoS is slim to none. Similarly that they'd say this and then try to add AoS via some backdoor means is also quite unlikely.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,921

mw51630 said:

mw51630 said:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

The chances that they go out of their way to bluntly state AoS isn't coming then go ahead and add AoS is slim to none. Similarly that they'd say this and then try to add AoS via some backdoor means is also quite unlikely.
    There's a middle ground between stuff that existed in Fantasy and stuff thats strictly AoS.

Slaangors and Tzaangors will likely come as both exist in Fantasy. Thaumaturge could come as Minotaurs could take mark of Tzeentch at one point. Flaming/Brimstone Horrors are unlikely as are any other Horror variant as we already have a ton of them.

Karic Acolytes are a maybe. But not in the AoS look probably.

• kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 973

kevManiac said:

So it's pretty clear that Cathay, Kislev, and Ogre Kingdoms are the major cores.

Ah yes, Kislev and Cathay have 1 extra LL, and one extra unit w.r.t. Khorne. Clearly they are major and Khorne is minor... /s
    You mean 6 extra units. And they were the focus of the two most major trailers and advertising weeks.
    Cathay and Kislev only have 2 more units than Khorne, the chart is very clear.
    And 6 more than Tzeentch and Nurgle. Based on the median (the only fair measure) difference Cathay and Kislev have 6 more.
    That is a weird measurement to use. You take the median for all four Gods, and claim that all of them are 'minor' because they have 5.666 units fewer than the other two races. In that regard I can take the median over all game 3 races, and find that all of them are 'minor cores' with respect to WH2 or WH1. So that argument is flawed and based on arbitrary necessities to support one's claim.
    Better to look at each individual race, and look whether or percentage wise they differ a lot. Tzeentch and Nurgle are lacking in quantity indeed, but Nurgle at least makes up for it in terms of quality (Tzeentch doesn't. He got the short end of the stick :( ).
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.

#JusticeForTzeentch.
    edited November 2021
    kevManiac said:

kevManiac said:

So it's pretty clear that Cathay, Kislev, and Ogre Kingdoms are the major cores.

Ah yes, Kislev and Cathay have 1 extra LL, and one extra unit w.r.t. Khorne. Clearly they are major and Khorne is minor... /s
    You mean 6 extra units. And they were the focus of the two most major trailers and advertising weeks.
    And 6 more than Tzeentch and Nurgle. Based on the median (the only fair measure) difference Cathay and Kislev have 6 more.
    That is a weird measurement to use. You take the median for all four Gods, and claim that all of them are 'minor' because they have 5.666 units fewer than the other two races. In that regard I can take the median over all game 3 races, and find that all of them are 'minor cores' with respect to WH2 or WH1. So that argument is flawed and based on arbitrary necessities to support one's claim.
    Better to look at each individual race, and look whether or percentage wise they differ a lot. Tzeentch and Nurgle are lacking in quantity indeed, but Nurgle at least makes up for it in terms of quality (Tzeentch doesn't. He got the short end of the stick :( ).
    If you want to make that argument feel free but it's got nothing to do with what I've said.

My point is that there's a very clear gap between the big three and the others. It's hard to deny that.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

kevManiac said:

kevManiac said:

Thats it.

Nurgle and Khorne both have the lame Spawns and Nurgle also has Forsaken, yet most people were fine with the rosters.

Khorne is bigger and has cool Warriors and Minotaurs in addition to all the cool daemonic units.

Nurgle is small but the outstanding quality makes up for it.

Tzeentch is just…. It’s just disappointing…
    ArneSo said:

kevManiac said:

kevManiac said:

Thats it.

Nurgle and Khorne both have the lame Spawns and Nurgle also has Forsaken, yet most people were fine with the rosters.

Khorne is bigger and has cool Warriors and Minotaurs in addition to all the cool daemonic units.

Yea Tzeentch is the weirdest. He could really have done with with like another Warshrine or even, at worst, the Exalted Blue Horrors from TT to at least vary up some build styles.

• ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 845
    edited November 2021
    All the reused assets.
    And CA claimed that the base game 3 has 6 factions, when 4 of them are clearly inferior in terms of units when compared to the core factions (Cathay, Kislev, Ogres).
    #JusticeForTzeentch
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,445

All the reused assets.
    And CA claimed that the base game 3 has 6 factions, when 4 of them are clearly inferior in terms of units when compared to the core factions (Cathay, Kislev, Ogres).

wait all the soul grinders have been remodels if remodels don't count than majority of kislev and cathay human models are either remodels or directly ported from 3k .

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Djau said:

ArneSo said:

kevManiac said:

kevManiac said:

Thats it.

Yea Tzeentch is the weirdest. He could really have done with with like another Warshrine or even, at worst, the Exalted Blue Horrors from TT to at least vary up some build styles.
    It would’ve been so easy to make Tzeentch amazing. All CA has to do, is to create 1 model for Tzeentch Warriors, have it as an Infantry unit and put it on Horses and Disks.

That’s all what people are asking for actually.

All the reused assets.

Nurgle is superior in terms of Quality tho. Just compare it to Cathays mainly human roster.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,441
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

ArneSo said:

kevManiac said:

kevManiac said:

Thats it.

It would’ve been so easy to make Tzeentch amazing. All CA has to do, is to create 1 model for Tzeentch Warriors, have it as an Infantry unit and put it on Horses and Disks.

That’s all what people are asking for actually.
    Pretty much. Add in a few shades and you have something readily apparent as distinct.

Bizarre that they didn't.
    Glory matters not.

edited November 2021
    saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

wait all the soul grinders have been remodels if remodels don't count than majority of kislev and cathay human models are either remodels or directly ported from 3k .
    Doesn't matter if they're remodels or not, they're still a reused asset across the chaos gods. Same skeleton, animations. The mechanical legs are the same across all of them as well.
    #JusticeForTzeentch

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Doesn't matter if they're remodels or not, they're still a reused asset across the chaos gods. Same skeleton, animations. The mechanical legs are the same across all of them as well.
    I find the Soul Grinders and the Chaos Furies the good examples of reused assets.

I don't have anything against reused assets, except when its done very poorly.

edited November 2021

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Than so is both cathay and kislev or do you think CA made unique skeletons for kislev humans

Or didn't port skeletons and Animations for Cathay from 3k

Only race with least amount of reused assets are orgers followed by monos.

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Gosh darn dang it then... High Elves are a HORRIBLE race then, since they have literally no original asset... They are all just reskinend rigs from previous games!...
  • DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 707
    edited November 2021
    ArneSo said:

This makes me think that Monos will get way more LPs than Cathay and Kislev.

The DLC potential of Nurgle is freakin insane.

The reception of this comment, while it was already readily apparent, is proof that the "disagree" and "agree" buttons are really just "dislike" and "like."

The potential for separate Chaos rosters is huge. Both Kislev and Cathay will remain huge question marks, but there is a mass of untapped material to draw from for Chaos that doesn't need to be brainstormed. And whether people like it or not, Nurgle is foremost in that. Just looking at legendary lords: Festus, Epidemius, Glottkin, Gutrot Spume, and of course Tamurkhan. And then we have an absolute deluge of units to pull from the end times.

I am not going to say categorically that the monogods will receive favoritism over Kislev and Cathay. There is truth to the fact that people like the more familiar, human-like, "pretty" races. But between the obvious room for growth and the "cool" factor that pretty much all of the Chaos gods exude... yeah I think Monos will get more lord packs than Cathay and Kislev. In fact, it seems pretty in your face.

Secondarily, even I am starting to get tired of reading this "major" vs "minor" core thing. Not only is there nothing but prognostication and personal preference to support it, but it needlessly denigrates and demotes a huge chunk of this game and the fantasy setting, as well as pushing people into siege mentalities. It needs to stop. All of the races at release are core races. Some may receive more love in the long run than others, but there is no such thing as a "major" core
    To keep on filling is not as good as stopping. Overfilled,
    the cupped hands drip, better to stop pouring.

Sharpen a blade too much and its edge will soon be lost. Fill your
    house with jade and gold and it brings insecurity. Puff yourself
    with honor and pride and no one can save you from a fall.

Retire when the work is done; this is the way of heaven.

-Laozi

ArneSo said:

The reception of this comment, while it was already readily apparent, is proof that the "disagree" and "agree" buttons are really just "dislike" and "like."

The potential for separate Chaos rosters is huge. Both Kislev and Cathay will remain huge question marks, but there is a mass of untapped material to draw from for Chaos that doesn't need to be brainstormed. And whether people like it or not, Nurgle is foremost in that. Just looking at legendary lords: Festus, Epidemius, Glottkin, Gutrot Spume, and of course Tamurkhan. And then we have an absolute deluge of units to pull from the end times.

I am not going to say categorically that the monogods will receive favoritism over Kislev and Cathay. There is truth to the fact that people like the more familiar, human-like, "pretty" races. But between the obvious room for growth and the "cool" factor that pretty much all of the Chaos gods exude... yeah I think Monos will get more lord packs than Cathay and Kislev. In fact, it seems pretty in your face.

Secondarily, even I am starting to get tired of reading this "major" vs "minor" core thing. Not only is there nothing but prognostication and personal preference to support it, but it needlessly denigrates and demotes a huge chunk of this game and the fantasy setting, as well as pushing people into siege mentalities. It needs to stop. All of the races at release are core races. So may receive more love in the long run than others, but there is no such thing as a "major" core
    This is correct.

Kislev and Grand Cathay may potentially be hampered by the pace of releases for the Old World. While Kislev might edge out slightly ahead of Grand Cathay as they have more they can draw on from the past.

Monos, however, have a ton they can draw from.

Djau said:

ArneSo said:

Secondarily, even I am starting to get tired of reading this "major" vs "minor" core thing. Not only is there nothing but prognostication and personal preference to support it, but it needlessly denigrates and demotes a huge chunk of this game and the fantasy setting, as well as pushing people into siege mentalities. It needs to stop. All of the races at release are core races. So may receive more love in the long run than others, but there is no such thing as a "major" core
    This is correct.

Kislev and Grand Cathay may potentially be hampered by the pace of releases for the Old World. While Kislev might edge out slightly ahead of Grand Cathay as they have more they can draw on from the past.

i mean yeah any onewith common sense can see that

saweendra said:

Djau said:

ArneSo said:

This is correct.

i mean yeah any onewith common sense can see that
    Common sense isn't so common.

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Gosh darn dang it then... High Elves are a HORRIBLE race then, since they have literally no original asset... They are all just reskinend rigs from previous games!...
    Remodels =/= reskins. Soul grinders are barely even remodels as they have the same mechanical legs. Don't @ me when you don't even know what a reskin is.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Than so is both cathay and kislev or do you think CA made unique skeletons for kislev humans

Kislev and Cathay have way more units.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    Why would Soul Grinders have non-mechanical legs when they are literally Forged?

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Remodels =/= reskins. Soul grinders are barely even remodels as they have the same mechanical legs. Don't @ me when you don't even know what a reskin is.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

Literally varients And there simply wasn't enough possible varients for mono races

Not even Khorne who has a chaos warrior simply doesn't have that many weapon varients, without making khorne not khorne...

Because if we go by your logic than we should just get khorne cross bows cross bows with sheilds ...etc varients for khorne warriors.

See dumb logic. This is why honestly i can not take majority of mono fans comments seriously

And yes soul grinders upper body is remodels .

And honestly that's lot more love shown to them by CA than Gw ever did in fantasy TT.

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,814
    xDEMOSx said:

All lists to a lesser or greater degree had more reuses than usual for game2 core races.

even as human races, don't forget that half the kislev list is the same bear carrying something different in a different color.
    The idea of ​​making 6 races instead of 4 was detrimental to all of them.

But on mono lists like things are even worse.

Ogres as a pre-order instead of RP also gets in the way, we don't know when these guys will be complete, if w
    one day will be complete.(remenber 3k, as CA words are worth the same as nothing )

All in all I don't know if this third game was a good deal, 6 races instead of 4 but those being all just a beta.

I think about the new players they will surely say that this is a pay to win game when the first dlc`s come and will be quite right that these basic elements are largely insufficient.

And would it kill them to not make Armoured Kossars and Tsar Guards literal clones

Their models aren't super impressive to begin with to add insult to injury
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

A remodel is LITERALLY the same as a reskin... How do people not get that?...
    edited November 2021

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

All the reused assets.

A remodel is LITERALLY the same as a reskin... How do people not get that?...
    They "do not get that" because.... they are LITERALLY not the same? A reskin has the same model but a different texture. A recolor is the same texture but with different colors (forsaken). A remodel has a new model on a preexisting skeleton. Educate yourself.
    Djau said:

Why would Soul Grinders have non-mechanical legs when they are literally Forged?

The why doesn't matter. They are largely reused assets. Plain and simple.
    #JusticeForTzeentch