Hello, dear CA, some factions' starting positions could be changed, to make their gameplay more interesting. Also there is a place for a few more factions. Also some provinces and regions could be added.
Mortal empires map
- Grombrindal could start at Karak Azgal (in the lore a dwarf killed a dragon and retook the mountain)
- Grom Paunch ai should start at Massif orcal (so he won't die within 12 turns)
- Bretonnia map could be expanded https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/258983/expanding-bretonnias-map/p1
- New skaven regions and factions could be added:
* Black chasm in Bretonnia (desolation climate, small settlement, 3 lvl and walled from start, part of Massif orcal province, clan Flem),
* Doom Mountain (big volcano to the north from Charnel valley, part of Charnel valley province with skaven Clan Volkn),
* Bitter stink, close to Marienburg province (desolation climate, region of The Misty Hills province, 3 lvl and walled from start, Clan Scruten)
There are provinces in Southlands present at mortal empires map, but not at vortex map. They alongside of few provinces of old world could be added to the vortex map, which would be expanded to the east. Those are: Dragon isles, Broken teeth, Devil backbone, Crater of walking dead, Charnel valley, Southern badlands, Marshes of madness, Blightwater, Tilea, Estalia, Skavenblight and new region of the Doom mountain (big volcano to the north from Charnel valley, which would be part of the Valley).
Malus starting far from Hag graef still keeps it. It is a very good idea, allowing to play simultaneously in very diffrent conditions. It could be utilised more.
- Dragon isles could be starter for Imrik still owning capital city of Caledor province
- If Khalida should not be moved then at least should have Lybaras, like Malus Hag graef (and Imrik Caledor)
- Mahrak for a tomb king faction
- Rasetra for a Vampire faction
- Doom Glade for a Vampire pirate faction
- Desolation of Nagash for Nesferata (if Vampire counts will get her as lord for Vortex map)
- Lahmia a ruin
- Snikch could be moved to Charnel valley, or instead of him a skaven minor clan placed there
- Grom the paunch should be moved (both player and ai) to Southern badlands
- Marshes of madness and Blightwater with factions from mortal empires, except Karak azgal, there should be a dwarf clan (in the lore a dwarf killed a dragon and retook the mountain)
- new region of The Doom mountain (big volcano to the north from Charnel valley) part of Charnel valley with skaven Clan Volkn
- Tilea and Estalia with mortal empires factions
- Skavenblight added to vortex map with a skavenblight faction led by Paskrit the Vast - Warlord-General of all Skavendom. Lizardmen, Helfs and Delfs have their capitals, but skaven not. It should be adjusted. It would make campaign more interesting for skaven and helfs, becauese Ulthuan would be attacked heavily from the east too. Playing as any skaven faction, player should have an event oportunity to confederate Skavenblight
High elfs have been the most boring, while they could have been The Empire of the second game. The Empire has the best campaign because You reunite the country whilst constantly fighting diffrent enemies who are besieging every province. Every province has its own main enemy and the same is with dwarfs, greenskins, lizardmen, dark elfs and so on, but not with high elfs, it should be adjusted. Ithe lore Ulthuan is many times attacked by dark elfs, norscans, skaven and others. The game should start with dark elf vanguard invasion on Ulthuan, and dark elfs' chaos mercenaries. Also scavenger factions arrive. So to make it worth playing as LL at Ulthuan every helf faction should get an adversary, instead of fighting each other, for example:
- Skaven clan klaw at Angerrial and Shrine of Asuryan, they could get 3 lvl Shrine of Asuryan with walls. lore https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Clan_Klaw
- Caledor (controlled by Imrik) fighting a vampire coast minor faction which occupies both minor towns
- Southern Yvresse: Cairn Thel and Shrine of Loec occupied by a minor greenskin faction, for example Grom's vanguard
- Northern Yvresse: Sardenath and Tralinia occupied by skaven Clan Skurvy, which is vassal to the Skavenblight
- Ellyrion should be fighting a beastmen horde, brought by dark elfs.
- Tiranoc should be fighting Crone Hellebron, who should start with army next to Salvation isles (while having control over Har ganeth)
- Saphery should be fighting a Norscan faction controlling 3 level Port Elistor with barricades and Evershale (Avelorn province port city).
- An evil wood elf faction (Servants of Drycha) should be at vortex map, fighting against the welf siblings, delfs and helfs. It could start at new magical forest province - Glooming wood, now placed within Shadowwood province of Naggaroth to the west from Monoliths and to the north from Hotek's column. It could get outposts at Venom glade and Twisted glade, also in Avelorn Tor saroir. On this map the forest is seen https://scentofagamer.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/naggaroth_north_warhammer.jpg
It could start with the magical forest but with army within Avelorn, at Tor saroir, attempting to take Gaean vale.
- Alarielle the Radiant could start with Gaen vale but she and her main army be at Elven ruins (the Land of the Dervishes) 3 level walled settlement. She would be on her way to https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Tower_of_the_Sun
and start at war against Malus.
- Eltharion could start with army at Arnheim (The Black Coast of Naggaroth) or Gronti Mingol (Southern badlands added to vortex as mentioned before) but controlling capital cities of North and Southern Yvresse
- Teclics should start with at least non agression pact with Saphery
- Helf minor factions' capitals could start with walls
- Crone Hellebron could start with army next to Salvation isles (while having control over Har ganeth)
- Clar karond is the only main delf city with no legendary lord associated (due to mistake made by Games workshop because of the similar name of Karond Kar) whilst could be with Rakarth, at least by non agression, if not by event. Its special building giving access only to hydra, should be expanded to other delf monsters.
- Exchange of Rakarth and Malus positions would be more lore friendly
- Tretch Craventail moved to Keshta Vault (Obsidian Peaks) or Drackla Spire (Red Desert), to make place for Alith Anar. Those western provinces of Naggaroth have not been used but now would be.
- Alith Anar moved to Hotek's collumn
- Cylostra Direfin moved to Alith Anar position at The Broken Lands
Lots of reading but it is mostly about moving some lords elsewhere, adding a few settlements and minor factions. Not much effort but gigantic effect! Especially high elfs would finally become interesting to play.