Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is there any other type of DLC you'd buy and be okay with dev time being dedicated to it?

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,159
Seems like this rate we could have lord and campaign packs until the sun explodes for all the potential LP.

And I want all that stuff too. But I do also want other things as well. I don't know if some of this stuff could be co-developed by a sister studio while the main team works on campaign packs but if anyone else would like different kinds of DLC I'd be curious to see which are the most popular.

Is there any other type of DLC you'd buy and be okay with dev time being dedicated to it? 109 votes

Naval Battles DLC (Races each get a number of naval units for new sea battles and port sieges)
5%
CrajohYrellianWyvaxGreenColouredDarthEnderXlordroky 6 votes
Army Painter (UI interface that allows easy changing of model colors along with customizing the unit model with apparel)
6%
ValkaarIceDMr_Finley7gates1ebdsummertimelovinKillertutTanegashima_Tokitaka 7 votes
Animation/Sync Animations Pack (Adds new animations to existing units, such as reloading handgunners, and a number of sync animation for dueling SEMs)
5%
Otters007KhorneFlakesSurge_2XxXScorpionXxXnyobienpokemonmastergo 6 votes
Campaign Overworld Map DLC (Improve the overworld map with more dynamic events, such as rock slides blocking off a path, or winter causing snow attrition in the south along with winter visuals for the map)
9%
LaindeshBayesHondlisMalruirDrawVidsxomitsiousBelazariusSebandirrBulwargGolczyk57 10 votes
Character Packs (A group of Named Legendary Heroes/Lords for races with finished unit rosters)
39%
WarlockeGronastalonnTemudhunupchuck44mewade44KrabbzTzarKaiserMadDemiurgRikisPippingtonyurixLabriaPoorManatee6197martijn_v99FossowayDjaudan_eldarmightygloinRob18446 43 votes
Map Packs (Some more race unique maps such as we saw for ogre kingdom's minor settlement map)
2%
Steph_F_DavidPappa_FraTheJef3 3 votes
Lord unique Campaign mechanics update (Core factions from game one and two races don't have lord specific campaign mechanics like the new lords, so this would give stuff like an Alchemy lab for Gelt)
6%
KN_GarsDragonbroodlingsAraethonThomashuamanesK3KevilinioMoneris 7 votes
Modes/Multiplayer DLC (more modes and game types for multiplayer both battle and head 2 head)
2%
TeutonicusMalfaytorVikingHuscal1066 3 votes
A combinations of the stuff listed above.
21%
MaedrethnirTheWattmanmaserezcabans33Xenos7777SharkysoulmanFrank9945671TancredQuenellesFinishingLastMojo1972ErathilMilano3093Cosmic_LichsaweendraArchRangerMrDragondamon40000dante9132Scaeda2Cöle 23 votes
Other(specify)
0%
elkapp 1 vote
Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Comments

• TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 622
    Character Packs (A group of Named Legendary Heroes/Lords for races with finished unit rosters)
    I think many of those should be in the game for free, having to pay for those separately kind of feels like a scam.
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    Not really interested in any of those except character packs really.
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,222
    Other(specify)
    Siege DLC. If there's something that i'd buy, still assuming it to be worth the price, it'd be that.

Campaign map DLC as second choice
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,311
    Map Packs (Some more race unique maps such as we saw for ogre kingdom's minor settlement map)
    Map packs, with more varied maps. Character packs (not sure how different it is from LP).
    Not interested by others.
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 369
    some of those things being considered as DLC is very worrying.

there is a lot of strange things this community asks for free, but there is also an alarming will to pay extra money for things that should never be absent from the original release in the first place.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,019
    Character pack for completed races (roster-wise).

Army painter would be nice but those colours are already there. No need to develop them.
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,222
    Other(specify)
    RJCPS said:

some of those things being considered as DLC is very worrying.

there is a lot of strange things this community asks for free, but there is also an alarming will to pay extra money for things that should never be absent from the original release in the first place.

I think most people here came to a point where they expect above average content and support only for DLC content.
    At least, that's what forsaken and spawn taught me.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    edited November 24
    I prefer character pack with 4+ legendary lords, 2+ legendary heroes and 2 new types of generic lords/heroes. I think we need new way how add more characters to the game.
    If CA will still make only lord pack with 2 legendary lords + FLC legendary lord, we will get max 9 legendary lords per year and lots of interesting characters will be skip or we will need to wait 5-10 years for them.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,192
    I would buy completionist packs (similar to lord packs, but instead of adding 5 or 6 units to 2 races, it adds 2 units/characters to 6 races.

I woudl also have bought a naval battles pack.... if it had released for WH2.

Also, an amry painter, if it was complex enough.
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 2,286
    Modes/Multiplayer DLC (more modes and game types for multiplayer both battle and head 2 head)
    Multiplayer DLC all the way.

Because with as much stuff as the campaign gets, the multiplayer people deserve to get something for multiplayer. And it doesn't even have to be in a full blow DLC for CA to accomplish that.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,550
    Character packs would be great!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,147
    Campaign Overworld Map DLC (Improve the overworld map with more dynamic events, such as rock slides blocking off a path, or winter causing snow attrition in the south along with winter visuals for the map)
    This but with more big events happening, large Greenskins invasion, notable locations like the shrine of khaine and stuff like mid game and end game crisis from stellaris. Some minor stuff like you mentioned would be very welcome as well.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,311
    Pocman said:

Also, an amry painter, if it was complex enough.

You have it for free, that's called the AssKit... OR better RPFM

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    Naval Battles- Never found them interesting in Total War.
    Army Painter- Also don't see the point.
    Animation Pack- If made, should be a free update.
    Campaign Overworld- If made, should be a free update.
    Map Pack- If made, should be a free update.
    Campaign Mechanic- If made, should be a free update (we don't want another 3K).
    Multiplayer- If made, should be a free update.

So yep, that leaves the character pack as the only one that would be worth spending money on.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    Whatever adds more complexity to campaign map.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,603
    I want 1-7. I don't play MP so I don't care much about it.
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 323
    Character packs are the only thing here that makes sense being sold as DLC.
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 200
    edited November 24
    Lord unique Campaign mechanics update (Core factions from game one and two races don't have lord specific campaign mechanics like the new lords, so this would give stuff like an Alchemy lab for Gelt)
    I vote for Lord Campaign Mechanics as I would like each faction within each race to be unique (however, that should be a free update).
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    What I would want here are Naval Battles, Character Packs and Army Painter
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 2,286

You should actually give it a try before blowing it off.

And naval battles were pretty lame after Shogun 2.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,217
    Animation/Sync Animations Pack (Adds new animations to existing units, such as reloading handgunners, and a number of sync animation for dueling SEMs)
    Considering the game is spectacle, I'd be all over an animation pack.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,965
    Army Painter (UI interface that allows easy changing of model colors along with customizing the unit model with apparel)
    I’d be down for a siege specific dlc that really went into detail in the different war machines and defenses utilized by the various races, that could fill an entire expansion by itself.
  • MalfaytorMalfaytor Registered Users Posts: 3
    Improvement for multiplayer campaign games.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,603

You should actually give it a try before blowing it off.

And naval battles were pretty lame after Shogun 2.
    No chance. I'm too bad. I play the game on half-speed most of the time.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,037
    Campaign editor.

Historical Warhammer campaigns.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 323
    • Army Painter
    • Animation/Sync Animations Pack - [I'm not sure if this should be Free or Paid]
    • Campaign Overworld Map DLC - [I'm not sure if this should be Free or Paid - Should be Toggleable]
    • Character Packs
    • Lord unique Campaign mechanics update - [Should be Free]
  • Milano3093Milano3093 Registered Users Posts: 58
    edited November 25
    Would be interested in multiple types of DLC:

- Campagins packs(new races)
    - Additional maps (maybe continents or focused maps)
    - Additional modes (maybe a sandbox and historical switch, see my last topic about it)
    - Additional lords and starting positions
    - Unique lords mechanics update
  • KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 70
    A combination of character packs mixed with Lord unique Campaign mechanics update.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,586
    wanted to choose animation sync, but you specified SEMs only so...
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 559
    Except for Character Packs and Naval Battles (and that last one should come as one unique DLC), all others should be in game for free and from the start. This isn't Stellaris.

As much as I'd like sieges, maps and some mechanics to be a lot more than what they are right now, it's up to the devs to have enough ambition to provide an amazing base game.