Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A simple Puremane Company rework

RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 400
Replace Sunder with Unbreakable.

Even their tooltip hints at that: "With hearts to match that of Charandis himself, the Puremane Company are fearless."

- Sunder doesn't synergize well with the fact that the unit itself is AP and the dmg increase to its own attacks is miniscule.
- Being melee unit it can't spread the Sunder effect as effectively as Night Goblin RoR Archers or TK RoR Archers who can coordinate archer fire with non-RoR versions who lack AP and greately benefit from it.
- Giving Unbreakable would give HE roster a dependable heavy infantry unit to fight on top of in the same manner as Night Goblin Fanatics, Sons of Sigmar and Cohort of Sotek.
- This unit in particular would be even better at it because of the Guardian ability allowing to hide characters from harm - ie literally performing the battlefield bodyguard duty.
Tagged:

Comments

• Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,215
    unbreakable seems a bit much, maybe ITP and antilarge instead of sundering and guardian
  • BloodyStreamBloodyStream Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited November 2021
    Leadership genealy isn't an issue with HE though. Plus unbreakable variants of more expensive units aren't as good as unbreakable variants of cheaper units. Ex berzerker ROR isn't that good compared to signar sons. Its a diminishing return.
  • AfghanMambaAfghanMamba Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 69
    They’re supposed to be the guard of the Phoenix king right? Maybe instead of sundering give them a unique passive that gives them buffs when their lord is in combat. Perhaps a speed and WS buff or something of that nature.

Could combo well with someone like Tyrion to form a strong point of attack to punch through enemy lines.
  • y4g3ry4g3r Registered Users Posts: 559
    Loupi_ said:

unbreakable seems a bit much, maybe ITP and antilarge instead of sundering and guardian

Guardian is their stick though. Sundering should go, but not for unbreakable - I like the anti-large bonus. Spears and halberds for high elves move slowly and hit weakly. An agressive anti-large infantry unit would be great against rosters with relatively large front-lines, like beastmen, lizards and Brets. Stops you from playing purely defensive against them.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,827
    Loupi_ said:

Definitely not anti-large.

Rather CA stick with established conventions as much as possible. Great Axes on infantry sized units should remain as generalist AP (whereas great weapon on monstrous is the ones that gets anti-large). If you want anti-large AP, just use Phoenix Guards
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,113

Loupi_ said:

Definitely not anti-large.

Rather CA stick with established conventions as much as possible. Great Axes on infantry sized units should remain as generalist AP (whereas great weapon on monstrous is the ones that gets anti-large). If you want anti-large AP, just use Phoenix Guards
    It's an RoR, does it really matter if it doesn't follow the standard rules? Big'uns are anti large and they're just carrying two hand weapons. Every other dual wielding unit is anti infantry, but not them. There are also 3 RoR infantry units that add BvL by swapping weapons and 3 RoR cav unit that add BvL without swapping weapons.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted