Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hard Mode == AI has infinite money?

Shogun2Fan#6856Shogun2Fan#6856 Registered Users Posts: 55
edited December 2021 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
I've beat Shogun 2 several times on normal mode. But Hard Mode just seems to give the AI unlimited resources. Every single AI just pumps out full stacks of samurai that the player can't possibly afford.

Giving the AI infinite money is what they consider a challenge? Okay.

I've basically done everything I can to make money in this game. But it seems there's no way for me the player to have infinite money like the AI does.

Late game every AI is just walking around with 3 full stacks of Yari Samurai, Bow Samurai and Katana Samurai; of which the player can't possibly afford.

It seems all raising the difficulty does is give the AI infinite money.

Another thing I noticed about hard mode is diplomacy seems non existant. AI literally declare war on you for no reason.

Comments

• Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2021
    If I remember corectly AI don't pay for recruitment and have more recruitment slots (and one-turn to recruit samurai units instead of two). They can produce elite armies very fast.
  • Shogun2Fan#6856Shogun2Fan#6856 Registered Users Posts: 55
    edited December 2021
    Loreguy said:

If I remember corectly AI don't pay for recruitment and have more recruitment slots (and one-turn to recruit samurai units instead of two). They can produce elite armies very fast.

Sounds about right.

Very boring though. What's the fun of playing when the AI just gets unlimited money and churns out full stacks of elite units like nothing? I want a challenge; not just blatant AI cheating.

Where's the strategy when the AI has unlimited cash and is walking around with 2 full stacks of top level Samurai? Seems impossible. AI clearly pays little to no money and also gets to recruit multiple elite units in one turn.
  • SherassonniSherassonni Registered Users Posts: 29
    edited July 2022
    Before Realm Divide, upgrade your farmlands and income structures as much as your technology can offer. Keep extra money in case you face an embargo. Then prepare to do amphibious landings on multiple provinces of the other factions. You can deploy your landing forces on water near the other factions' ports without angering them. And prepare to embargo as many of their ports as much as possible. The later part of the campaign will go quickly.