Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

MP tier list

rudesergionrudesergion Registered Users Posts: 22
There is a recent tier list for the latest multiplayer patch as there will be no more tww2 mod patches

Comments

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,340
    There probably is somewhere, ask on discord and someone will probably give it to you.

All I know is my race(Norsca) is the worst one in MP atm.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 663
    I remember norsca being pretty good.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,340
    afverrall said:

I remember norsca being pretty good.

Alas I do as well. Once upon a time.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ThisIsREMThisIsREM Registered Users Posts: 281

This one probably OK, albeit does need some changes. BM is S+, VC is A tier etc.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,837
    edited December 2021
    1 - LZM/BM/GS/WE (in that order for tier 1)
    2 - Rest with HE and NORSCA at 2 but at the end of it.
    Post edited by Lotus_Moon on
    edited December 2021
    Based on my experience, I dont quite agree that BM are 2nd. The only reasonable level tournament at the moment is Russia's Championship and BM are head and shoulders 1st in terms of pick priority there. Same goes for my own personal feeling although that has less back up than tournament play.
    Post edited by ThisIsREM on
  • rudesergionrudesergion Registered Users Posts: 22

TK norsca HE no play on tournaments?
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 658
    Tier lists don't really make sense because pick an ban systems are all about individual matchups. Certain factions like dwarves or VC are much better counterpicking because they have a few really horrible matchups.

That being said BM is the best Followed by Lizards and WE. Norsca is definitely the worst and TK have a lot of bad matchups. However, TK really are fine against a number of other factions, notably those that don't have access to fire magic.

TK norsca HE no play on tournaments?
    I play both of them in touraments and often as 1st pick.
    Heard that in Russia's Championship, BM have 74% winrate in playoffs. GS had 54% in World Cup and everyone lost their sh*t because that was seen as too OP.
    edited December 2021
    Yeah BM are becoming pretty out of hand now...issue is that BM were always almost this level just hardly anyone played them, most BM armies you see now are without much DLC stuff apart from undead match-ups.

People didnt loose their **** for GS having 54% win rate, it was more about the 100% pick or ban rate, so you either banned them or used them that people lost their **** for.
  • rudesergionrudesergion Registered Users Posts: 22
    But is there such a strong balancing difference between the best faction in the game and the worst? Or with good hands and a good plan on how to counter the rival or enemy army, is any faction competent to a greater or lesser extent? for example is it possible to play with norsca competitively and win many games?

But is there such a strong balancing difference between the best faction in the game and the worst? Or with good hands and a good plan on how to counter the rival or enemy army, is any faction competent to a greater or lesser extent? for example is it possible to play with norsca competitively and win many games?

I think apart from BM and LZM its not so bad

Yeah BM are becoming pretty out of hand now...issue is that BM were always almost this level just hardly anyone played them, most BM armies you see now are without much DLC stuff apart from undead match-ups.

People didnt loose their **** for GS having 54% win rate, it was more about the 100% pick or ban rate, so you either banned them or used them that people lost their **** for.

The GS point was for comparison, GS had 54% winrate but close to 100% pick rate so a nerf was needed. BM have 75% winrate with 100% pick rate but the community is not spamming "nerf BM" threads like they used to about GS.

As for BM, Tourox seems to have close to 100% pick rate these days and he is a DLC lord. Chariots too, both the multi model ones as well as the ones for the shaman. The Groghooves of Wolf’s Run (centigors throwing axes ROR) is another new unit with very high pick rate. There is at least some DLC content in almost every army.

Traitor kin existed before DLC but it was buffed in the DLC patch. I believe that half of BM stupidly OP state is driven by this spell, which I also believe is by far the best spell in the game. Not only it gets the shaman comfortable 1.5k-2.5k damage value each game, it also removes any hopes of elite cavalry even for factions with healing. Traitor kin kills models so healing is pointless, unless playing VC of course. Heavy elite cav should in theory be a great unit type vs BM to counter their mobility and break their low leadership units, but with TK that option is simply removed.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 658
    ThisIsREM said:

The GS point was for comparison, GS had 54% winrate but close to 100% pick rate so a nerf was needed. BM have 75% winrate with 100% pick rate but the community is not spamming "nerf BM" threads like they used to about GS.

As for BM, Tourox seems to have close to 100% pick rate these days and he is a DLC lord. Chariots too, both the multi model ones as well as the ones for the shaman. The Groghooves of Wolf’s Run (centigors throwing axes ROR) is another new unit with very high pick rate. There is at least some DLC content in almost every army.

Traitor kin existed before DLC but it was buffed in the DLC patch. I believe that half of BM stupidly OP state is driven by this spell, which I also believe is by far the best spell in the game. Not only it gets the shaman comfortable 1.5k-2.5k damage value each game, it also removes any hopes of elite cavalry even for factions with healing. Traitor kin kills models so healing is pointless, unless playing VC of course. Heavy elite cav should in theory be a great unit type vs BM to counter their mobility and break their low leadership units, but with TK that option is simply removed.
    The reason you don't see more people complaining about BM is because Multiplayer is at a low point right now. There simply aren't as many people playing and watching tournaments. W3 can't come soon enough. The GS were OP right around the time of the Warhammer World Cup when many were taking part and watching games. Even Turn doesn't do TW:W content anymore because of how stale everything is.

But yea I agree about BM right now. Lots of balancing is needed but the game is basically done at this point and many have moved on.
    Sad thing is domination sound like absolute **** with reinforcements points, sadly some idiots will like it and are looking forward to it.

So i hope we get good balance for war 2 one last hurrah before we are forced to play war 3
  • ReymReym Registered Users Posts: 714
    edited December 2021
    For me currently it would be the following:

S : BM, LM
    A : WE, VC, Chaos
    B : DE, GS, DWF, Skv, Bret, HE
    C : Emp, VP
    D : TK, Norsca

Best first pick are anything in S and A except VC
    Best counterpick VC and Dwf

As everyone said before BM being an absolute god right now only truly countered by VC.

For C tier Empire is really hurt by most top tier being good into Emp (aside WE) while not really being a reliable counterpick to anything really. VP got a niche vs BM but it seems to me that it has to cheese hard a lot of its MU to hope to win (and of course we got some auto lose like vs DWF)

For D tier TK share the same fate as empire but with some slighlty harder MU, some its 2 pre DLC good MU which were LM and BM are respectivly even and completly turned the other way around. However it has a nice niche vs WE.
    And Norsca is worthless competitive wise to a point that I almost consider that there is only 14 races in the game right now :# .

But is talking about what is appropriate to talk about in this thread appropriate to be talked about in this thread ?

• BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 806
    It’s weird cause Norsca has decent amount of ok matchups but the incomplete roster holds them back when you’re best options are skinwolves, hounds and berserkers everyone kinda knows what to expect.
    I think norsca has hardly any bad match-ups but pretty much no good match-ups, they are a faction you can safely pick and be at even i feel but people consider this not enough which i dont disagree with and i support Norsca buffs however i do think Norsca is not anywhere close as bad as people claim.

I would simply add caster lords and make rage slightly better and i think this be enough.
    I mean if they added the 2 campaign caster lords problem solved. Personally I still wish icewolf chariots had a better place though. I think the roster is fine right now but doubt it will hold up in game 3. Though Norsca is supposed to be one of first reworks so I think they’ll be alright.
    i actually think even if they just made fimar casters a lord pick it be enough for now till game 3
  • Work_Safety_OfficerWork_Safety_Officer Registered Users Posts: 159
    edited December 2021
    I think the pros playing this game think of this right now:

S++ : LM

A : WE

B+ : BM
    B : HE

C : EMP, TK, DE, SKV, BRET, WOC

D : GS

E : DWF, VP

F : NOR
    Post edited by Work_Safety_Officer on
    edited December 2021
    Personally it looks something like this

S: BM
    A: WE,LM
    B: GS,Dawi,Skaven,Vampires,Empire, Bretonnia
    C: HE,TK, Chaos, Norsca, DE
    D : Coast

I honestly could see C tiers and B tiers being interchangeable since a lot of its match dependent,

Coast is low cause they honestly have like a single strategy which technically works. They still get played a lot but I feel like they win more cause of dog micro(not unique) and deck droppers who really can be countered.

Bretonnia would be D possibly an F if it wasn’t for Fay Enchantress.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,569
    Personal comments removed. Keep your speculative personal opinion about other members to yourself. If you wish to disagree with a posted comment then confine your comment to your issues with the post, and avoid justifying it with your personal opinion about the other member.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

S++: LM
    B : HE, BM
    C : EMP, VP, TK, DE, DWF, SKV, BRET
    D : GS, NOR

I think noone who has any idea about current state of affairs would Put GS in D tier and BM on same level as HE.

I think noone who has any idea about current state of affairs would Put GS in D tier and BM on same level as HE.
    I have modified my tier list a bit.
    HE remained very strong to me if you know how to pick your engagement. Just stay away from using their infantry then you would be fine.

I have modified my tier list a bit.
    Gs below He is me honestly doubting your skill

Obviously you haven't met the disgusting HE chariots heal blob with the frost phoenix.

I want to give u a piece of advice with nothing but genuine good intention - Go play more games with the true pros instead of QQing all over the place about why your favorite faction "sucks". The problem is that, it's true on ladder many HE players are quite inexperienced and they pick HE just because it looks like the default easy-to-play faction (check the stats it's the most popular faction), giving us the false illusion that HE are bad. You can start by joining a clan, a few famous ones are RTK and XMT, and see how those players play HE then you would understand my tier list better.
    edited December 2021

Obviously you haven't met the disgusting HE chariots heal blob with the frost phoenix.

I want to give u a piece of advice with nothing but genuine good intention - Go play more games with the true pros instead of QQing all over the place about why your favorite faction "sucks". The problem is that, it's true on ladder many HE players are quite inexperienced and they pick HE just because it looks like the default easy-to-play faction (check the stats it's the most popular faction), giving us the false illusion that HE are bad. You can start by joining a clan, a few famous ones are RTK and XMT, and see how those players play HE then you would understand my tier list better.
    i have played numerous times in recent weeks vs top HE players out there not on ladder.

Actually i DONT claim HE are BAD by any means i have alwasy stated they are decent, i just think that GS are much stronger than HE now, that does NOT make HE bad.

You do realise i play quite regularly vs XMT and RTK players yeah? but mostly i play vs ODM players

I dont know why you assume i only play and smash people on ladder....

Funny enough i know for a fact that majporty of people in the clans mentioned do think HE to be on weaker end of the spectrum while GS would be 100% in top 5 of everyones tier lists, i dont think anyone would put GS above LZM or BM, but on par with WE or above for sure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file