Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Giving most/all heavy cavalry +2-4 Melee Defence?

Cosmic_Lich#1188Cosmic_Lich#1188 Registered Users Posts: 662
Despite decent HP and heavy armor, it seems that heavy cavalry feels a bit fragile. This is partly because of the ranged meta and how easily Cav gets staggered when focus fired, but I don't want to talk about mass and strong ranged units.

The purpose of heavy cavalry, particularly heavy shock cavalry, is to charge into the enemy, march back when the charge bonus expires, then repeat. Yet their staying power in melee seems lower than it should. So I purpose a small supplement across the board:

+2 MD for all low to mid tier Heavy Cavalry.
+4 MD for all elite tier Heavy Cavalry.
Agents of Change.
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on
Tagged:

Comments

• User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,572
    4 for elites seems a bit high and some elite cav arguably already have enough. +4 would give 60 MD to Grail Guardians on the extreme end for example.

I'm not saying they do or don't need a buff, but +4 seems like a lot to jump to, especially for some cav.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,781
    I think this will lead to cav blobs, which I doubt many people want to see.

• BloodyStream#7178BloodyStream#7178 Registered Users Posts: 249
    I don't consider most heavy cav fragile, players just tend to invest a lot into winning the mobility game early so elite cav get a lot thrown at them.

• User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,572
    I'll necro this to mention that it looks like cav in general has received an HP buff and all cav will receive +2 MD in Warhammer 3.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that Her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • Cosmic_Lich#1188Cosmic_Lich#1188 Registered Users Posts: 662
    edited March 2022
    VINDICATION!!!!

Edit: I was going to come back and post some pictures, but the game crashed so you'll have to take User Clue's word on it.
    Post edited by Cosmic_Lich#1188 on
    Agents of Change.