Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The tree are horrible

philosofoolphilosofool Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,142
edited December 2021 in Feedback & Suggestions
I was camp "not cartoony" but the more I look at the trees, the more I'm setting up my own camp and inviting the "cartoony" campers over to hear their thoughts.

The trees suck. I cannot seriously call it a "style" when the trees are literally intersecting 2 dimensional objects in an otherwise 3D world. I know that video games and other art often rely on the abiltiy to suggest detail were it doesn't actually exist, but those trees suck. They are almost textureless. I hate them.

I really hope that the art team are happy people and that they are just trying to get everything done on a reasonable work schedule. But I also hope that the trees are not finished.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,441
    I sense the next great debacle forming.
    Glory matters not.

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,513
    Could someone add some screenshots, I'm too lazy to search through the video to find what the OP is on about.
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 3,947
    If it's a trade off for better performance and optimization then I'll gladly take it.

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,782

Could someone add some screenshots, I'm too lazy to search through the video to find what the OP is on about.

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,782

The trees do look a little...'world of warcrafty', but I also think the whole situation is being blown out of proportion.

In motion camera screenshots from a compressed video on a pre release build are hardly worth screaming 😱 about how the sky is falling.

Similar doom and gloom was screeched about the Game 2 flyover, which wound up being fine in practice.

It's not my ideal tree aesthetic but I'm also not majorly concerned.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,118
    Moved to feedback, without further comment.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 845
    Trees are just one part of the issue. The map overall appears more stylized and simplistic. Just look at the bridges.

Hopefully modders will fix the trees. I already run a mod that makes forests look nicer.

#JusticeForTzeentch
  • ba18070ba18070 Registered Users Posts: 311
    I'm not going to say this is unimportant since it matters to someone. But this is the very last change that should be made before the game goes into maintenance mode 6 years from now. It affects absolutely nothing about gameplay, so while its fine to be fixed, its gotta go the farthest end of the list possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file