Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Be'lakor, the advisor and... Necoho?

Hey guys, I was wondering about what could be the role of the advisor in the third game and why CA has shown him in several trailers.
Many people (me included) think that the 9LL will be Be'lakor. We also know that some part of the plot will be related to help/use a dying god.

Reading about forgotten chaos gods I discovered a few interesting things about Necoho.
Summarizing, he is a renegade chaos god who is against the chaos itself. His purpose is to undermine the Chaos.
He manifests as an old man. Due his nature. he is barely worshiped (Dying) but in Bolgasgrad (Kislev) he has an unholy temple
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Necoho

( Be'lakor is another important character who goes against chaos gods)

One of the theories that I've been thinking about is :
What if the advisor is this the manifestation of this dying god? And somehow he needs to liberate Be'lakor (9LL)to fight against his bigger brothers.
That way, Necoho/the advisor would trigger everything and Be'lakor would get revenge

What do you think about guys?

Comments

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,651
    I'd love it if this theory was true.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,842
    Never heard of those guy so truly obscure.
    Very odd for there to be a god that is anti religion.

My problem with game 3 is that the advisor is back at all. He was a Tzeentch agent on part 1 so shouldn't his story be over and his only goal of serving Tzeentch be fulfilled already?
    mewade44 said:

Perfectly suits Chaos, really. Anything that can be, will be, and typically it will defy logic
  • YiunkoYiunko Registered Users Posts: 83
    Sounds amazing in my opinion. And it would make perfect sense, Be`lakor was empowered by the 4 chaos gods so he doesn't need them plus they keep him on a leash now. Siding with whoever extra god (necoho or malal) would be a no brainer for him.

Legend of Total War speculated that the 9th LL is actually THE ADVISOR himself, and he unlocks/becomes possesed by Belakor at some point. I think the key to it all is in the Nurgle vs Slaaneesh reveal trailer "Covenant".

What covenant is it? Why are the statues of nurgle and slaneesh followers kneeling before some scheletal figure? The figure could well be the dying god offering some salvation or something.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,717
    That God is also known to have a look of amusement on his face whenever he manifests physically. And the advisor always looks amused.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,933
    That would be literally amazing.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,635
    This theory is almost perfect for it's obscurity. I hope CA go this direction, rather than say Morr.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    The only weak point if this theory should it be corrrect is the name of the god....Necoho? Maybe it's just rigidity od warhammer world but it sounds cheap and alien? Other than that it sounds as interesting plot.

The issue might be that given how closer and closer cooperation between GW a s CA is (maybe due to new plans CA has with Fantasy) it may validate this new chaos god as canon for the rest of warhammer lore. And i'm not sure GW is ready to make that step.
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,189
    The Wiki says that Necoho is an aspect of Malal...

"Necoho and Zuvassin are two minor renegade Gods of Chaos. They first appeared in the Something Rotten in Kislev book, a part of the Enemy Within campaign for the 1st Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. They made a major return in the Tome of Salvation (a supplement about gods for the 2nd edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay by Black Industries), where they are both described as "Aspects of an unknown deity".

Both are aspects of Malal, the Renegade God, who is no longer present in the Warhammer setting. This is due to a copyright conflict between Games Workshop and the authors of the comic The Quest of Kaleb Daark (which appeared in the Citadel Journal in the 1980s). After that time, Games Workshop lost its rights to Malal and had to substitute Zuvassin and Necoho as the Renegade Gods of Chaos instead."

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Gods#Neocho_and_Zuvassin
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Zuvassin
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    mewade44 said:

My problem with game 3 is that the advisor is back at all. He was a Tzeentch agent on part 1 so shouldn't his story be over and his only goal of serving Tzeentch be fulfilled already?

The TWW games are not sequential. Nothing that happened in games 1 or 2 transpired before game 3.
    ò_ó
  • 445Aas445Aas Registered Users Posts: 384
    I believe that's it. Necoho (the old man) is the dying god, is the new Malal and Belakor is still the 9th lord.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    The issue with your theory is the adviser has an empire medal on is neck and is likely a pawn of Tzeentch, but he could be Be'lakor's champion, though he feel a bit weak to be a champion that Be'lakor would incarnate, so I guess not imo.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,572
    Interesting theory.

I like it.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,479
    edited December 2021
    The ancient being is Be’Lakor. The champion is just a plot device.
    Post edited by ArneSo on
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Don't count on CA bringing back ANY of the old edition minor gods or Gods or Order...
  • VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 458
    I don't expect it will happen but I sure wish it does. Nice theory!
    There's also another possibility if it really is Necoho, and that is that CA have created a brand new LL to serve as his champion. Though it's unlikely to be the case when Be'lakor is so popular, it's still a possibility as CA seem to be more keen to establish new characters nowadays.
    PLHenry said:

There's also another possibility if it really is Necoho, and that is that CA have created a brand new LL to serve as his champion. Though it's unlikely to be the case when Be'lakor is so popular, it's still a possibility as CA seem to be more keen to establish new characters nowadays.

It is Be'Lakor. He needs a champion in the lore too, to enter the mortal realm.
    ArneSo said:

It likely is Be'lakor, you're right. But we cannot say it is definitively. CA haven't announced it, and I've seen too many posts over the years claiming that the obvious character is on its way and it turns out to be someone else entirely :D
    PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

It likely is Be'lakor, you're right. But we cannot say it is definitively. CA haven't announced it, and I've seen too many posts over the years claiming that the obvious character is on its way and it turns out to be someone else entirely :D
    *sigh*

Yeah sure.. just like it wasn't 100% sure that N'Kari is the Slaanesh LL...

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

I'm thinking more like how everyone was expecting Vangheist as one of the Zombie Pirate LL's and we got Cylostra. As said, I think it's Be'lakor, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility that CA pull a surprise on us.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,687
    ArneSo said:

PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

Signs definitely point to yes, however it can't be denied we've been thrown a few curveballs at this point.

Foolish is he who is confident in the uncertain.

Got that out of a fortune cookie!
    PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

I'm thinking more like how everyone was expecting Vangheist as one of the Zombie Pirate LL's and we got Cylostra. As said, I think it's Be'lakor, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility that CA pull a surprise on us.
    Not comparable. We already have a lot of information about the 9th LL and based on that, it can only be Be’lakor.
    Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

Signs definitely point to yes, however it can't be denied we've been thrown a few curveballs at this point.

Sure just like the preorder was a curveball after Ogres were basically confirmed with the release of the Ogre mercs.

There is no conspiracy. It’s Be’lakor. Plain and simple.

But sure… it can be everyone… might be Toddy who’s known to be the strongest character in all of WH…
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,687
    ArneSo said:

Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

Sure just like the preorder was a curveball after Ogres were basically confirmed with the release of the Ogre mercs.

But sure… it can be everyone… might be Toddy who’s known to be the strongest character in all of WH…
    I'm not arguing about who it most likely is mate, I think just about everyone is in the camp it's Be'lakor. I'm just saying there's no point in shutting down some harmless speculation. We have had some surprises in the past few years.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,136
    mewade44 said:

Game 3 takes place around the same time as game 1, after all it's with Archaon's invasion that the end times come (the event of prophecy not the 8th edition End Times series). Since the advisor already does different stuff depending on what race the player picks (unless he's present in multiple places at once, which is unlikely though I guess not completely impossible), there's nothing really preventing him from doing something different in game 3.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,136
    The advisor being Necoho would be a really neat return of an old element of the lore, though I doubt it's the case considering his role as Tzeentch's agent- but hey, it wouldn't be the first time an entity of great power poses as an underling.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    Nah.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    ArneSo said:

PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

Not comparable. We already have a lot of information about the 9th LL and based on that, it can only be Be’lakor.
    No we don't? We have maybe a lines worth of information..
    Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

Vildvarg said:

ArneSo said:

PLHenry said:

ArneSo said:

*sigh*

I'm not arguing about who it most likely is mate, I think just about everyone is in the camp it's Be'lakor. I'm just saying there's no point in shutting down some harmless speculation. We have had some surprises in the past few years.
    Hey don’t get me wrong, speculations are fun and fine, but let’s not pretend like there is any realistic chance that the 9th LL isn’t Be’Lakor.