Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign map stutters with RTX 3070

sandst0rmsandst0rm Registered Users Posts: 3
Hello team, I really hope you can help me.

Ever since I got a new more powerful PC, I experience terrible camera stutters in the old Total War games.

My new PC has RTX 3070, i5-11600k, 1 TB SSD m.2, and also I use a 144hz aoc 24g2w1g4 monitor. All games are with recommended ultra settings for me and I do not have stutter anywhere but on the campaign map.

I would like to mention that on my old PC (1660, ryzen 5 1600) I did not have such issues.

Videos on the campaign map stutter can be found below although it is not quite clear I think because of the framerate of the video:

In short words, it's like a frame goes back every once in a while.

I tried everything I found online but to no avail, this includes:

- limiting my FPS to 120, 60, 70, etc.
- lowering the refresh rate of my monitor to 60, 90, 100hz
- lowering the graphics settings
- enabling vsync + windowed mode, only vsync, only windowed mode, disabling gsync and vice versa
- enabling antialiasing from nvidia control panel and disabling it ingame, enabling triplebuffering and threaded optimization
- changing the affinity for the process of the game from the task manager, disabling some CPUs, setting higher priority for the process
- rolling back to a previous driver, I am currently using 497, and i tried to use the previous one 471

I tried re-installing Windows, re-installing the games, everything and this still occurs and drives me insane

Please give me other suggestions to try to fix this or some other info I should provide and I would be glad to assist

It's really terrible and from searching online I can see that many people experience this