Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Installing mods for Total War: Warhammer Epic Games Store

wlfbck2wlfbck2 Registered Users Posts: 2
Talking about the first game. Is this even possible to do if you got it via the epic games store? If yes, how?

Comments

• wlfbck2wlfbck2 Registered Users Posts: 2
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    1 - ask for a refund on epic game stores
    2 - buy the game on Steam.

• KezufruKezufru Registered Users Posts: 1
    Going to ask this again. I've been somewhat succesful in adding mods to the game, but just don't get it to work quite.

What i've done is:

1. Manually download the mods from steam (you have sites which enable that and CA enabled it too on steam).
    2. unpack the download, which contains a .pack file. Open it in a hex editor and remove everything until the first P
    3. Place the .pack file in your TWW data map.
    4. Go to your appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/scipts folder and add a user.scripts.txt file. In this file add the line 'mod "modname".pack; for every mod you added in the data folder.
    5. The game launches (and shows modded in the upper right screen).

I've found this information on a guide on reddit, but it was for 5 years ago so it might be outdated. However, the TW launcher, doesn't show a list of mods to choose from. What is interesting is, an external mod manager, made for steam, DOES show the mods i've installed. But when I launch it through that it redirects me to the steam page.

I think it's possible to enable the mods of the steam workshop on the EGS version of the game, but we're just missing one last link to actually get it to work. Maybe someone experienced with modding could jump in?

And on @Steph_F_David remark, the game was free through amazon prime, but for the EGS version. I've never really gave Total War a chance, but been quite captivated by it. Although I find the AI rather lacking and want to bump it up some. Might get it through steam if it ever goes on sale just to save the hassle.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I think using Steam would be better, you can get older game for cheap, and it has full workshop support, for current and future DLC and game.
  • ampaceampace Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited January 21
    I've been wondering the same thing, I also got the game for free on EGS.
    Post edited by ampace on
  • epic_159733767551CtJElZHepic_159733767551CtJElZH Registered Users Posts: 1
    I did what Kezufru suggested and it worked but no mod working in game so I thought about it and opened pack file manager (I have ver. 5.2.4) and opened the mod I created, clicked on File in the top left, changed pack type to movie and saved. My created mod is now working in in total war: warhammer through epic games even though it's not listed in the mod list!! my edited leadership for zombies is up from 30 to 54!

Just to clarify I created the user.script.txt and have it like this
    mod "mymod.pack";

This is how it was recommended to be written, not "mymod".pack

I haven't tried playing without that file so I don't know whether it is needed at all.

hope this helps others
  • EndOfTime28EndOfTime28 Registered Users Posts: 3
    it did not solve for me :(
  • polymprizopolymprizo Registered Users Posts: 1
    Following @Kezufru and epic's suggestions, i managed to load some Radious mods on epic's version of the game. For user.scripts.txt i followed Kezufru suggestion, so maybe it doesn't really matter. Thank you both
  • steam_164511653855IQtZPEDsteam_164511653855IQtZPED Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 32
    Why woud you buy anything a the Epic Store anyway?
  • ADFGDFADFGDF Registered Users Posts: 1
    I got the add ons on Epic for free and now cant find a way to install them since they are not in Steam!
  • xXJasonCZXxxXJasonCZXx Registered Users Posts: 1
    So i just write mod "modname.pack"; "modname.pack"; and so on? Or do i write
    mod "modname.pack";
    mod "modname.pack";?
  • pclaughtonpclaughton Registered Users Posts: 1
    1. Create a folder in your TWW directory called 'mods'
    as in \Epic Games\TWWarhammer\mods
    2. Create a folder in 'mods' with a name (no spaces)
    as in \Epic Games\TWWarhammer\mods\RegionalOccupation
    3. Place your .pack file within that directory
    as in \Epic Games\TWWarhammer\mods\RegionalOccupation\Regional_Occupation.pack
    4. Restart TWW and it will now show in the mod manager.
    5. Enjoy!
  • i_dont_knowi_dont_know Registered Users Posts: 1

guy explain how solve this thanks lord .. try this its works for me with epic shame...

use both editors to edit pack. files !!! its takes while ....

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721810638&searchtext=diplomacy
    best mod TWH for me to take reliability back in diplomacy .. its impossible without take back mod broken tech ...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383215483
    for TWH2
  • IrishrogueIrishrogue Registered Users Posts: 1

1. Create a folder in your TWW directory called 'mods'
    as in \Epic Games\TWWarhammer\mods
    2. Create a folder in 'mods' with a name (no spaces)
    as in \Epic Games\TWWarhammer\mods\RegionalOccupation
    3. Place your .pack file within that directory
    as in \Epic Games\TWWarhammer\mods\RegionalOccupation\Regional_Occupation.pack
    4. Restart TWW and it will now show in the mod manager.
    5. Enjoy!

gave this a shot, just to see if it worked, never shows up in mod manager.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file