Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are General speeches back?

Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 281
edited January 15 in General Discussion
I typed a way longer topic about this but it randomly got deleted instantly so I can't be bothered to retype it all.
I also did not see this brought up before on the forum so I made the topic myself. I could have just been blind.

Are speeches coming back as in the latest video, there were two speech segments.

Too long didn't re-type from original post: I'd love it for all factions to get speeches/minor settlements/siege reworks and would not mind waiting a few extra months for ME2 for it. I hope all factions get equal amounts of love by the end of WH3's post-launch development.

Sorry this seems quite short and blunt. I just typed a lot about the matter and the forums messed up my post (not saved in drafts either) and it was way more heartfelt and appreciative of the immersion aspect of Warhammer TW.

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    edited January 15
    Nah.

I think the showcased fight is some sort of scripted event, so what we've seen is closer akin to the other such quest battles or scripted fights with pre-rendered speeches.

Funnily enough, what is supposed to be a playthrough is really more scripted stuff by CA than actual gameplay, really.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 281
    Crossil said:

Nah.

I think the showcased fight is some sort of scripted event, so what we've seen is closer akin to the other such quest battles or scripted fights with pre-rendered speeches.

Funnily enough, what is supposed to be a playthrough is really more scripted by CA than actual gameplay, really.

Ah, I hope that is not the case. I'd love for really cool Warhammer speeches before my Greenskins smash into the High Elves, lol.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,200
    wether intended or not that definitely what it signalled to me too.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,461
    edited January 15
    I miss them. Was Shogun 2 the last to have them? Can't even remember anymore.

Reeeeeeee broke my claim and made a post. Alright, back to the basement for me.
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 281
    Itharus said:

I miss them. Was Shogun 2 the last to have them? Can't even remember anymore.

Reeeeeeee broke my claim and made a post. Alright, back to the basement for me.

Rome 2/Attila had them but you had to move close to your general and not move any units at the start of the battle.
  • IceDIceD Member NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 611
    Proboly only for game 3 campaign, and only for “special” battles like the great bastion and the 4 chaos realms. Like katarina’s speech at the end of the kislev/khorne battle
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS