Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Preview of Minor and Major Settlements

JellyphasJellyphas Registered Users Posts: 96

Generally I'm impressed! But I must admit that there are some that disappoint me. I'll just name one that stands out to me the most: Altdorf

Compared to the more impressive Middenheim and Nuln maps, Altdorf doesn't really look like the Capital City of the Empire that it's supposed to be and looks more like a generic Fortress Town. It's also missing the iconic river reik and stuff.

But again, I'm generally impressed. Already have the game pre-ordered and I can't wait to play it!

Comments

• Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,926
  • zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 544
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    Most of them look outstanding. Well done!

Not a fan of Altdorf, Erengrad and Kislev tho… these maps look way to small for these huge cities… Kislev doesn’t even show the Ice Palace…
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,705
    This vid from ItalianSpartacus gives a pretty good overview of the updated siege mechanics, more informative than the CA offering I would say which was only 5mins long.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,474
    That Drakenhof map looks **** sick.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    Neodeinos said:

That Drakenhof map looks **** sick.

Yap that was one of my favourites actually.

Altdorf and Kislev are really disappointing tho.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 473
    edited January 20
    Love it,something smart from that youtuber....

My fav are Drakenhof,Nuln and Zoishenk(love the griminess of it)
  • DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 273
    This is insane! Really like the new dwarf holds, seem a lot less 'gamey' than the previous ones.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 923
    They look amazing, CA really put hard work on those, it reminds me of Troy maps.

As for Altdorf I agree, but I think that would be easily fixable with a mod that just swap the Altdorf map to other "generic" empire settlements and let the real Altdorf use the Nuln map.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,705
    Jman5 said:

Timestamp?

They are in alphabetic order minor first then major and labelled. Altdorf is 25 mins. Empire is number 1 for me, every patch back to them. Only briefly went through some of them as dont want too many spoilers.

Did have a look at Altdorf though, it looks a bit one dimensional compared to a lot of the others. Overall if they keep this up for the combined campaign its going to be night and day to what we have had before.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,960
    Yeah Altdorf missing the river and no backdrop making it seem small.

The major kislev cities aswell, no back drop and very bare. Kislev itself especially.

You can defi see which faction got the effort put in for the maps
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,143
    We know why CA didn't really had time to waste doing a specific Chaos Warrior for each god.... and I'm glad they did
  • Jedidias1Jedidias1 Registered Users Posts: 271
    edited January 20
    I'm impressed too! Really good job!

Though Atdorf streets seems a little to empty of features like trees and marketplaces, and the river seems missing, hope they adress this map a little bit more...

But overall great job CA!
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,316

We know why CA didn't really had time to waste doing a specific Chaos Warrior for each god.... and I'm glad they did

But I'm not glad, though. This does not excuse retextures and other cut corners.

A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,634
    Nice update overall, some do look even visually majestic. However karaks are still not karaks, just some shoddy dwellings recessed in a cavern. And now that they are updated, i guess there is no more chance for them to become proper.
  • Jedidias1Jedidias1 Registered Users Posts: 271

Yeah Altdorf missing the river and no backdrop making it seem small.

I completely agree, hope they look into it!

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,050
    More snow on Kislev. Kislev doesn't seem like its really cold. Remember, White bears prefer cold weather.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,474
    jamreal18 said:

More snow on Kislev. Kislev doesn't seem like its really cold. Remember, White bears prefer cold weather.

Kislev is actually not supposed to have snow everywhere. It's a lot of tundras.

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,693
    Altdorf is literally just a walled in version of the Osterwald minor settlement seen at 12:42. Dissapointed, Nuln and Middenheim look grand but it doesn't.

Also the Vampire Counts maps look good, but I really hope they change the lighting on them, the WH1 lighting for VC maps was perfect.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 2,172
    The maps look outstanding, however I have a complain and is that they look interchangeable in some cases, like they dont represent the specific city they supposedly are but a generic one instead. You could tell me for example that karak kadrin is karak azul, or karaz a karak or whatever else and I would beliebe it.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,960
    Wyvax said:

Altdorf is literally just a walled in version of the Osterwald minor settlement seen at 12:42. Dissapointed, Nuln and Middenheim look grand but it doesn't.

Also the Vampire Counts maps look good, but I really hope they change the lighting on them, the WH1 lighting for VC maps was perfect.

Oof
  • GregoryTheGreatGregoryTheGreat Registered Users Posts: 47
    Interesting that they gave Nuln and Middenland such time and work. Bode well for Elspeth and the Cult of Ulric !

As for Altdorf, well, who knows, CA reworked the empire forts before, maybe they'll rework it too sometimes later if people complains enough !
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 473
    edited January 20
    I would love if they added statues of other Kislev gods in some of the Kislev cities.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 923
    edited January 20
    Wyvax said:

The lighting is better that what the video shows.

In most of the youtubers video, they use the lighting settign to low and the game looks like crap.

This video however, has the lighting set to "high" and you can see it looks much better.

In the Catahy settlement battle It uses the same lighting preset used on the Vampire Counts settlement in op video.