Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

wh3 will be even easier than wh2

whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
and that's really bad.

just saw a video of khorne mechanics and it's basically same **** as taurox mind numbingly boring campaign.

and everyone is getting off at this.

how do you find a game fun if you know you can't lose even if you try?

Comments

• ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 475
    edited January 2022
    I reckon that the Khorne faction needs to get nerfed.

It's just way too OP from the get go, nothing fun about that if you already steam roll on turn 2.

EDIT : although, let's not generalise the entire game over one faction.
    Post edited by Thomashu on
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    I will need to test it myself to see how ''easy'' it is. For all I know, the video showed was on the easiest difficulty on purpose (it would be embarrassing if you tried to show the chaos gods expansion and get pwned on turn 2) ,
  • whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
    Thomashu said:

I reckon that the Khorne faction needs to get nerfed.

It's just way too OP from the get go, nothing fun about that if you already steam roll on turn 2.

nothing gets nerfed, they just keep making more and more op ****. and i roll my eyes when i see all the paid content creators praising ca.

it's such a bad game design to let op **** like this roll. especially because ai is not capable of using any of these mechanics.

player has such a upper hand that no matter how much you crank difficulty you still can't be defeated.
    KronusX said:

I will need to test it myself to see how ''easy'' it is. For all I know, the video showed was on the easiest difficulty on purpose (it would be embarrassing if you tried to show the chaos gods expansion and get pwned on turn 2) ,

what are you talking about, streamers are playing on highest difficulty.
  • Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 2,046
    Don't play Khorne then.
    Also you can limit yourself a bit with cheesing.

All factions are OP when min-maxed by sweaty nerds like us.

Just do doomstacks and every faction is boring.

Pede said:

Don't play Khorne then.

i'm not even talking about doomstacking. for doomstacking you at least have to reach late game, khorne plays just like taurox, complete domination since turn 1.

every faction is easy late game, i agree, but at least there was some difficulty at the start.
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 475
    Pede said:

Don't play Khorne then.

There's a huge difference between doomstacking late game and having mechanics that turn you into a powerhouse at the very beginning of the game.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,631
    There are 8 races at start, three of them have two playable factions each, so we would have 11 factions to play with. You don't like how Skarbrand roflstomps around? How about you play one of the other 10 factions?

And I am not sure if it will be easier. The new portals mean you can get visited more from otehr races/factions then ever before. The AI was already in the past games hellbend to travel around teh globe to just hit the player for whatever reasons. Now imagine that with easy portal tech *if* the AI actually is good at using them.
    The battle dynamic with the new health percentage system to reduce dmg over time from big monsters will make doomstacking a bit "better". While on the other hand the new diplomacy outpost mechanics will eman that we might see WAY more mixed armies of weird races depending on their diplomacy boons and how good the AI is there. Vampire Coutns with ratling gunners, Skaven with Ironbreakers, Woodelves with Demigryphs and Steamtanks...we migth be in for some weird crap here. At least those things will be "normal" stuff without extra research boosts. Hopefully.
    The AI on higher difficulties also seems to get again their big package of superbuffs to spam not only goldstack armies of elites every four turns, but the usual combat advantages to keep the player "down" and to compensate the players hopefully superior use of magic and tactics.

I have not played the game yet, so I can only make a guess, but I have my doubts it will be super easy. Taurox was a fun run once in a while. And on a occasion that is fine. But not everybody plays like that so it is an exception. Same as Skarbrand might play similar, but that still leaves 10 other factions for release which will not follow the Skarbrand pattern. I have my doubts Cathay or Kislev will have such a n "easy time" as you assume from watching a video Skarbrand would have overall ;)

-----Red Dox
    Red_Dox said:

There are 8 races at start, three of them have two playable factions each, so we would have 11 factions to play with. You don't like how Skarbrand roflstomps around? How about you play one of the other 10 factions?

And I am not sure if it will be easier. The new portals mean you can get visited more from otehr races/factions then ever before. The AI was already in the past games hellbend to travel around teh globe to just hit the player for whatever reasons. Now imagine that with easy portal tech *if* the AI actually is good at using them.
    The battle dynamic with the new health percentage system to reduce dmg over time from big monsters will make doomstacking a bit "better". While on the other hand the new diplomacy outpost mechanics will eman that we might see WAY more mixed armies of weird races depending on their diplomacy boons and how good the AI is there. Vampire Coutns with ratling gunners, Skaven with Ironbreakers, Woodelves with Demigryphs and Steamtanks...we migth be in for some weird crap here. At least those things will be "normal" stuff without extra research boosts. Hopefully.
    The AI on higher difficulties also seems to get again their big package of superbuffs to spam not only goldstack armies of elites every four turns, but the usual combat advantages to keep the player "down" and to compensate the players hopefully superior use of magic and tactics.

I have not played the game yet, so I can only make a guess, but I have my doubts it will be super easy. Taurox was a fun run once in a while. And on a occasion that is fine. But not everybody plays like that so it is an exception. Same as Skarbrand might play similar, but that still leaves 10 other factions for release which will not follow the Skarbrand pattern. I have my doubts Cathay or Kislev will have such a n "easy time" as you assume from watching a video Skarbrand would have overall ;)

-----Red Dox

I honestly think some people have a bit of a copium complex, using streamers as an example. No matter what you throw at people that play strategy games for a living, everything will seem easy. The point is not to sell the games to people that have thousands of hours on the same game, but the regular people that play a variety of games and other strategy games.
  • talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,937
    Cathay campaign seems balanced to me
  • Serkelet#1834Serkelet#1834 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2022
    Well, Skarbrand seems easy, but he'll have to deal with the ordertide. Especially in the combined map.

I don't want to judge yet. We have to see how the game plays for a lot more people once it's released. There's always time later to tweak balance.
  • lcmiracle#6727lcmiracle#6727 Registered Users Posts: 1,133
    I mean, I think Khorne is supposed to be the most straight-forward faction in the game, all you do is kill, maim, burn. It's for those who don't care for diplomacy nor economic planning, etc.. Other factions may well be very different. Also wasn't taurox's campaign momentum bugged hence the OPness?
  • Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,924
    edited January 2022
    Pede said:

Don't play Khorne then.

If the developers wanted their game to hold people's interest they'd reign in the ways you can min-max so that the game is still a challenge even if you're trying hard.

Intentionally crippling yourself sucks and doesn't feel good.

Difficulty settings should exist for a reason. Implement nerfs to the overpowered crap on legendary.

"We kind of want to feel there is a constant threat. There's something you have to be thinking about or worrying about everywhere. If it gets quiet and you're just picking fights on people for the sake of it and the threats aren't appearing naturally, then it starts to feel a bit stale. It's a strategy game, and you want to be constantly dealing with decisions about how you deal with certain problems. We always found that the game is always at the most exciting when you've got a few different things on the go that you're having to decide priorities between. "

It's like they almost get it, the game is fun when you're threatened. But then they make all sorts of grossly overpowered garbage that negates it.

If they don't want unit caps then at least increase the cost of units exponentially the more you spam them. Red line skills should be cut in half in effectiveness, they're no brainers. Tech is usually too strong as well.

And I really hope in WH3 AI lords at least have coherent builds instead of random points everywhere. They also need an improvement to their usage of magic.
  • saj1987#4378saj1987#4378 Registered Users Posts: 481
    Phew. I have no interest in playing Khorn so I'm safe from the OPness. I also don't doomstack so no problems for me there as well. It's amazing what a little self restraint can do.
  • MonochromaticSpider#5650MonochromaticSpider#5650 Registered Users Posts: 2,188
    IIT: People blabbering about balance before they've even tried the game.

Seriously, at least try the game before whining about how this or that needs to be nerfed.
  • WelshMeatball#4754WelshMeatball#4754 Registered Users Posts: 409
    Have you seen how OP the sky junks are? they shoot like a hellblaster but completely acurate and delete a unit in one hit.
    edited January 2022

IIT: People blabbering about balance before they've even tried the game.

Seriously, at least try the game before whining about how this or that needs to be nerfed.

yes because i can't draw sensible conclusion from watching other people play lol. besides game's balace has been **** since ikkit.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156
    ehhh.... whatever.

Have you seen how OP the sky junks are? they shoot like a hellblaster but completely acurate and delete a unit in one hit.

tell that to people who say only khorne is op.
    Nitros14 said:

Pede said:

Don't play Khorne then.

If the developers wanted their game to hold people's interest they'd reign in the ways you can min-max so that the game is still a challenge even if you're trying hard.

Intentionally crippling yourself sucks and doesn't feel good.

Difficulty settings should exist for a reason. Implement nerfs to the overpowered crap on legendary.

"We kind of want to feel there is a constant threat. There's something you have to be thinking about or worrying about everywhere. If it gets quiet and you're just picking fights on people for the sake of it and the threats aren't appearing naturally, then it starts to feel a bit stale. It's a strategy game, and you want to be constantly dealing with decisions about how you deal with certain problems. We always found that the game is always at the most exciting when you've got a few different things on the go that you're having to decide priorities between. "

It's like they almost get it, the game is fun when you're threatened. But then they make all sorts of grossly overpowered garbage that negates it.

If they don't want unit caps then at least increase the cost of units exponentially the more you spam them. Red line skills should be cut in half in effectiveness, they're no brainers. Tech is usually too strong as well.

And I really hope in WH3 AI lords at least have coherent builds instead of random points everywhere. They also need an improvement to their usage of magic.
    this sums it up the best.

if there is no threat in strategy game and if you are not forced to take tough decisions, game becomes boring really fast. fortunately wh is a grea ip and presentation is top notch so a game can hold your interest for some time but it soon just becomes a boring unbalanced mess.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,631

Have you seen 19 Skullcannons yet? ^^
    https://np.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/s8jmb2/19_skull_cannons/

-----Red Dox
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,828
    Good thing I'll be playing Undivided.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    Therefore I really have high hopes for multiplayer this time. Steam rolling through the map with your heavily buffstacked doomstack and one man army is not my cup of tea if this is indeed how it ends up to be. Even the good old Belegar campaign in WH2 isn't what it used to be anymore.

So from the various showcases:

There is still supply lines to a degree
    Ranged still dominate
    No caps to be seen whatsoever
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 4,003
    Khorne has to be OP on campaign,As they are a faction that will be at war with everyone and as legend himself said they are one of the weaker faction in battles.

Also they are not as busted as we thought,there is a good cooldown and cost limit to them,and Bloodhost armies dont snowball that much as they cost upkeep unlike what was stated in blog and they blood host armies are weaker when they create one.

Therefore I really have high hopes for multiplayer this time. Steam rolling through the map with your heavily buffstacked doomstack and one man army is not my cup of tea if this is indeed how it ends up to be. Even the good old Belegar campaign in WH2 isn't what it used to be anymore.

So from the various showcases:

There is still supply lines to a degree
    Ranged still dominate
    No caps to be seen whatsoever

You talk about MP then talk about caps. Can you move the goal post even further? Use the bloody mods to cap your campaign, we already know that MP is capped by price.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,828

Khorne has to be OP on campaign,As they are a faction that will be at war with everyone and as legend himself said they are one of the weaker faction in battles.

Also they are not as busted as we thought,there is a good cooldown and cost limit to them,and Bloodhost armies dont snowball that much as they cost upkeep unlike what was stated in blog and they blood host armies are weaker when they create one.

Then they should have a hard campaign, not be handheld.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 540
    this is the same person that cheese's every aspect of the game (like the lord wasting amo, gate cheese, wall cheese, exp cheese, etc) and then complains the game is too easy?

you've ever seen someone speed run games? they cheese the game and abuse glitches to get really fast runs and completion. that's equivalent to what you do with TW. you ever seen someone learn how to speed run a game and then complain its too easy?

if you are actively trying to avoid playing the game the way it was designed to and are actively trying to circumvent the rules it establishes, obviously the game will be too easy.

all the choices you mention above that you want, you dont really want or care about them, because everything is exploitable in games and soon enough you will either learn or copy someone else's exploit. let this sink in before coming guns blazing with an irrelevant reply.
  • manpersal#3961manpersal#3961 Registered Users Posts: 3,400
    Reeks said:

AHMAHGAWD ONE FACTION OUT OF 9 IS OPOPOPOP WHOLE GAME EASIER AHMAHGAWD!!!

Op in a nutshell...

You forgot the debacle tag. You're losing your touch.