Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

wh3 will be even easier than wh2

13»

Comments

• whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Haha op you lost all your credibility when using Legend for your argument.

never mentioned legend, but thanks for your contribution.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

never mentioned legend but ok.
    You can lie to me but not to yourself.

We all know that you are referring to whatever nonsense that idiot Legend said in his stream.
    it's actually not. it was indiepride or whatever that enthusiastic nerd name is getting off at how khorne LL can 1 man doomstack.
    Skarbrand is the strongest LL in the game. That’s for sure.

And while Khorne is definitely super powerful and a bit op, it’s limited by how you have to build momentum. And you can loose your momentum quite easily. So

I suggest you to watch Spartacus stream he explained that very well and reasonable.
    okay so we agree khorne is op, what was all the flaming and trolling about then?
  • UgandaJim#4927UgandaJim#4927 Registered Users Posts: 687

and that's really bad.

just saw a video of khorne mechanics and it's basically same **** as taurox mind numbingly boring campaign.

and everyone is getting off at this.

how do you find a game fun if you know you can't lose even if you try?

You have seen videos of streamers playing on normal/normal and stomping with Khorne? Yeah really pls nerf him.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,818
    Who cares. People find the fun in all sorts of things. It's just a game.
    UgandaJim said:

and that's really bad.

just saw a video of khorne mechanics and it's basically same **** as taurox mind numbingly boring campaign.

You have seen videos of streamers playing on normal/normal and stomping with Khorne? Yeah really pls nerf him.
    normal/normal?

people who don't find it fun care obvioulsy. what was your point?
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,040

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

never mentioned legend, but thanks for your contribution.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

never mentioned legend but ok.

We all know that you are referring to whatever nonsense that idiot Legend said in his stream.
    it's actually not. it was indiepride or whatever that enthusiastic nerd name is getting off at how khorne LL can 1 man doomstack.
    Skarbrand is the strongest LL in the game. That’s for sure.

And while Khorne is definitely super powerful and a bit op, it’s limited by how you have to build momentum. And you can loose your momentum quite easily. So

I suggest you to watch Spartacus stream he explained that very well and reasonable.
    okay so we agree khorne is op, what was all the flaming and trolling about then?
    The only one trolling here is you like always. But yeah whatever….
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 807

RonNL said:

Look some people don’t mind it but when a game is not challenging at all and all the LL can’t die unless you are braindead but others do.

Eventually mods that will come out but vanilla is broken from the hours of gameplay I have seen.

there are not that many mods that nerf things.

and it's basically impossible to turn off faction specific mechanics.
    That is not true, some overhaul mods do balance things out. Is it perfect, hell no but they try. And from the looks of things CA does not really care about balancing the campaign.

I saw greater daemons of Slaanesh get deleted in 3 seconds by 1 single tower, just because magic attack damage is no longer resistant by spell resistance. I saw Skarbrand 2 hit other lords, that Is just not good. I don’t see how this is not an issue or how this is fun.

That people find the fun in OP factions crushing enemies.

People out there like that stuff believe it or not. There is no right or wrong in it. It's just how it is.
    edited January 2022

People out there like that stuff believe it or not. There is no right or wrong in it. It's just how it is.
    cool you can always play on easy and crush everyone no matter what. what's the problem, you were never endangered.

now pls let me have some challenge on legendary.
  • marcodmarcod Registered Users Posts: 8

harder difficulties need to be actually difficult or else there is no point for people like me who actually like a challenge.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    An easy "fix" (I don't really feel that Skarbrand needs to be fixed but whatever), would be to reduce the experience gain of Skarbrand by an amount equal to the amount of extra movement he gains per turn. Then there would be a price to pay for a continued rampage.
    With a simple tweak of making the difficulty be customizable it could help a little to get some more challenge out of the ai. If they would let the ai use all of the player abilities it would be even better.
  • ValzaanValzaan Registered Users Posts: 79
    As a counter I believe that Turin struggled a bit with the Chaos legion campaign. While he didn't ever lose his main army, he was unable to expand beyond his starting province for the whole 50 turns.
    All that is gold does not glitter - Bilbo Baggins
    edited January 2022
    Valzaan said:

As a counter I believe that Turin struggled a bit with the Chaos legion campaign. While he didn't ever lose his main army, he was unable to expand beyond his starting province for the whole 50 turns.

Yes but he also said this was a anomaly and dindt happen on his test campaigns with chaos undivided. Also at the end his lord was also capable of soloing most armies and their was no challenge anymore.

His Zhoa ming campaign was a cakewalk from the start and he completed one of the chaos reals with mostly basic infantry.
  • KazragoreKazragore Registered Users Posts: 86
    I dont see anything wrong with OP faction.

Is mostly solo game (i know someone play multi but come on i think 85+ % dont).

If You no like it dont play. You have 8 other LL to play.

And to be honest i like sometime play as someone who is OP like Taurox just kill and destroy without stop.

I like Skarbrand with 3k+ attack who kill lord with 2 hit.

Sometime isnt bad and can be fun.
    Kazragore said:

I dont see anything wrong with OP faction.

Is mostly solo game (i know someone play multi but come on i think 85+ % dont).

If You no like it dont play. You have 8 other LL to play.

And to be honest i like sometime play as someone who is OP like Taurox just kill and destroy without stop.

I like Skarbrand with 3k+ attack who kill lord with 2 hit.

Sometime isnt bad and can be fun.

I agree there need to be power differences between factions, but i also think when u play these op factions on the highest difficulties it should still provide a challenge.
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    I think you are right, but it is not going to be that big of a differencegame 2 was not exactly difficult either. Mods can make things a lot harder though.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    marcod said:

Valzaan said:

Yes but he also said this was a anomaly and dindt happen on his test campaigns with chaos undivided. Also at the end his lord was also capable of soloing most armies and their was no challenge anymore.

His Zhoa ming campaign was a cakewalk from the start and he completed one of the chaos reals with mostly basic infantry.
    You are meant to be able to complete the first entry into the Realm of Chaos with only basic units..
    edited January 2022

marcod said:

Valzaan said:

You are meant to be able to complete the first entry into the Realm of Chaos with only basic units..
    He defeated all the armies encountered in the slaanesh realm without replenishing and then did the final boss battle with a haggard army and won. In all the battles he was in no real danger to be defeated. He did this without cheesing and playing like a normal player would play these battles. This was on very hard and it seemed way to easy to do.

video for reference
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 807
    KronusX said:

RonNL said:

KronusX said:

cool you can always play on easy and crush everyone no matter what. what's the problem, you were never endangered.

now pls let me have some challenge on legendary.
    You're an idiot. The worst poster on this forum and that says a lot.
    I mean he has a ''couple hundred hours'' of WH under his belt and suddenly he thinks he is a pro and knows everything...because apparently the people on the forums don't have that...''look at my 700h of Warhammer'' :D .
    Why does this matter? Stay on topic.
    It 100% matters. Watching a video and playing yourself is a different story, and I somehow doubt all streamers went on Legendary right off the bat and just proceeded to steamroll as he claims.

The second thing is that some of those streamers do Total war for a living, therefore our entire Warhammer experience might have been 1 month for them in terms of gameplay, while they have been doing that for a couple of years. It is the same argument as watching pro players in MOBA games and saying ''that's easy, anyone could do it'' until you do it yourself and faceplant.

A keeper of secrets being killed by one tower within 5 seconds is not experience its balance. Killing lords in 2 or 3 hits isn’t experience it’s balance. Compare the stats with LL of WH1 & 2 vs 3, that’s not experience it’s balance.
  • CountTalabecland#2471CountTalabecland#2471 Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    I haven’t seen Khorne gameplay yet but I’d agree everything related to Taurox needs a big nerf.

Otherwise, for Chaos Legion and Cathay, the game actually seems pretty hard on higher difficulties.

Pro-gamer youtube twitch no lifers won’t be challenged but they do nothing else with their lives so it makes sense.

I haven’t seen Khorne gameplay yet but I’d agree everything related to Taurox needs a big nerf.

Otherwise, for Chaos Legion and Cathay, the game actually seems pretty hard on higher difficulties.

Pro-gamer youtube twitch no lifers won’t be challenged but they do nothing else with their lives so it makes sense.

problem is, this is game is not really that complex that you need 1000 hourst until it becomes easy.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746

I like a fun challenge, i dislike a grindfest for sick pleasure - I am no slaanesh follower.

Tut tut.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
    edited January 2022
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887

ArneSo said:

With a particular item he farmed and that vanishes when you invade another realm than Khorne's. Skarbrand is hella strong (as he should be) but he doesn't get to 3.3K WS baseline.

Also lol at the people who think Total War isn't a strategy game anymore because youtubers who play it for a living cheese the hell out of it. Games like Rome and Medieval II didn't even require cheese to be extremely easy. Unless you're playing gimped factions, having a decent degree of skill at the game turns any Total War into a map painting simulator. Except maybe Attila but people didn't like that this one dared to be harder. Let's not pretend these were ever games that only strategy gurus could figure out.

I do think the power creep since WH1 is real, but the enemies have been power creeped as well. Facing three stacks at once was big in WH1, now it's routine.
  • SnowspikeSnowspike Registered Users Posts: 8

and that's really bad.

There has always been cheese armies in the game. Just dont play that faction.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,784
    Side conversation full of personal, derogatory and inappropriate comments, and several quoting in a response removed.

As a FYI: (https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest)
    2 — Respect Everyone At All Times
    No harassment of others in any form. Racism, sexism, xenophobia, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny, etc. are never tolerated. Do not attempt to by-pass profanity filters or any moderation guidelines. Be mindful of others by remaining civil, kind, keeping a discussion on-topic, and not derailing. While we are all passionate about games and welcome constructive discussion, keep it positive and avoid endlessly criticising. Abusing the "disagree" button is not tolerated.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.