Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

AI coming out of minor settlement for battle

WaqarAWaqarA Registered Users Posts: 7
edited January 25 in Gameplay Issues
Hi

In every battle when I have a large oneger, AI comes out of the city to fight even though I have only one large oneger and 3 missile units (Elite Ballistarii). I clearly do not have overpowered missile superiority.
This does not occur when I have 4 missile units with no oneger. This means whenever I am equipped with an oneger it will never be a city fight but a field battle which is super annoying. And oneger is a must-have in battles for fortified cities that is why I cannot disband it as well. (I just do want to hire an oneger before seige battle and disband it before a battle for minor settlement.)

If you can make AI stay in the city when we have at least 4 missile units and 2 onegers that would be great.

Edit: This also makes missile units kind of useless because most of their ammunition will not be spent.
Edit2: Anything more than 4 crossbows or 4 archers can be considered overpowered and more than 2 onegers can be considered OP (Both of them combined). This means 7 missile units in total would be OP and it would make sense for the AI to come out but with AI coming out against fewer, ruins the fun.
Post edited by WaqarA on

Comments

• WaqarAWaqarA Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited February 1
    The recent update has fixed this problem and now with 4 archers or crossbowmen and one oneger, the AI does not come out. This brings back the fun.
    Edit: Also when I order 4 missiles to attack a single unit, the enemy does not swarm out as before, which has eliminated a lot of annoyance.
    Edit2: It seems that CA has not fixed anything rather it is a mod that fixes things for me. When I have units from "Imperium praetoria unit pack" the AI stays in the city, without its cavalry they march out. So annoying.
    Post edited by WaqarA on