Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Modding help - Adding Building chain permissions.

PotatoMeisterPotatoMeister Registered Users Posts: 87
I'm trying to figure out how to remove certain units from a subfaction including their building chain. I already tried using the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables and it did not work properly. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,424
    building_chain_availability_sets_tables
  • PotatoMeisterPotatoMeister Registered Users Posts: 87

building_chain_availability_sets_tables

No, this table only sets an ID for the faction as a whole. It wouldn't let me make exclusive permissions for a subfaction.
  • steam_164511599602prOjRW7steam_164511599602prOjRW7 Registered Users Posts: 265
    edited January 26
    If you're trying to remove the whole building, I'd use building_culture_variants for that and disable it for whatever faction you don't want there.
    Do you want to remove some units but keep others in the same building? Or remove the building completly with all the units?
  • steam_164511599602prOjRW7steam_164511599602prOjRW7 Registered Users Posts: 265

I'm trying to figure out how to remove certain units from a subfaction including their building chain. I already tried using the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables and it did not work properly. Any suggestions?

Another way you can remove units from being recruited is find the entries you don't want in building_units_allowed, then you can make your own entries with the same ID number, but a building the faction doesn't have access to. That should block their recruitment without any other problems
    you can also use an empty building name.

the "unit" column, and the "key" column should remain the same. But building can be empty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file