Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

pre release culture

2»

Comments

• 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,348
    edited February 2022
    I see your point, but it's kinda normal nowdays, damn even I used to datamine 1 game (the devs didn't clear their sounds file, so future/unused stuff used to be in there :D ).

If you don't want spoilsers don't watch it, I know the curiosity and some thing you just can't miss (Kislev 3rd LL for example).

But sadly nowdays it's normal...

Lucky for me I only care about the chaos races, so the ending/epilogue for me has not been spoiled yet...
    But yeaaa I opened a video about Belakor and it spoiled the last battle....... Uhhhh...

There is another thing to it too - every youtuber want views, so if you put things people have not seen or don't know yet or you are the first to cover it = you will get those views !
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Yurisusuki#3719Yurisusuki#3719 Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,410
    edited February 2022
    It's curious, because while I'm here everyday, watch some videos from YouTubers and I'm on a Facebook community, i didn't saw any spoiler that i don't want, basically i just know some basic info and the characters intros, i don't know how the campaigns ends and anything else, how I'm able to avoid spoilers and you not?

On this forum particularly, people are very respectful about this, i posted a random image of Belakor that didn't show anything and someone say "yo spoilers are bad don't do that", sorry man but this is most about you than the modern way to marketing games.
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 872
    edited February 2022

Chora said:

I don't like it. I don't like how youtube people get the whole game early. I don't like how every surprised has been spoilt pre launch, playable Belakor, a secret 3rd LL. The endings for all the factions and every story beat.

There's no mystery or intrigue of everyone going through it at the same time.

The datamining of future factions based on factions icons.

The complete silence on the marketing side for months only for the whole game to be on youtube a week before launch.

I don't like how Legend has 600+ hours and every single achievement for a game thats not out yet. I hate it, the mystery and mysticism of games went out of the **** window.

"j-just don't read or watch anything"
    I did that and seeing offhand comments by people about it means all the info will filter to you no matter what unless you compeltely cut yourself off which kills the community feel of the game and means you can't join in on speculation threads or memes or discussing possible builds and army types.

It’s a nice idea but it would just be giving companies like cd projekt red and Bethesda more room to take advantage of people.

The answers right in your post. Just don’t get into that stuff and be more picky about what videos you watch. Self control is a beautiful thing
    Let's be absolutely clear. Ca did not give legendoftotalwar the game early and allow him to make videos and streams about it so the consumers don't get screwed over, the whole YouTube/content creator early access is 100% a substitute for marketing

Yop. Of course.

Companies give out free samples, that doesn’t mean we need to slavishly think the product is good. We then taste it and find out for ourselves. The sample existing for the sake of advertising doesn’t make that more or less true.

It’s a teaser to help encourage us to buy the product. So yes, of course ca is doing it for advertising but I support it because it means we get a more well rounded view of what the product will be.

Of course, streamers are biased and in bed with CA, so we moderate their opinions through the lens of that bias. But regardless, it’s still More info to help you decide if it’s a good product or not. When it comes to me spending my money, more transparency on what I’m buying is always better than less.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,726
    People talk of the nostalgia of leaning it all new, I can also point to that era of finding out a game is just also trash. You were sailing into the wild ocean. Sometimes you got crystal blue lagoons and sometimes a typhoon that sunk all your ships.

If someone wants to avoid spoilers and the like it's easy. Just ditch the areas of social media that they are common like this one. Total Warhammer is otherwise unmentioned anywhere else I frequent. Really, wasn it important being here if such was really your worry? Debating tactics.. or what more than half of everything is speculation.

Really, this point, some of it is definitely simply because someone is going where all the spoilers were.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,759
    This is completely your choice.

I don't know any of the story beats, and unless someone trolls me I won't. There's no need to watch YouTube Videos, streamers, or any other thing. What you view is completely up to you. Any spoilers you've seen are by your choice.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • PoorManatee6197#6481PoorManatee6197#6481 Registered Users Posts: 2,601
    Serkelet said:

I kind of agree with you. When I was a kid, before the Internet was a thing, it felt really magical when I uncovered secrets and easter eggs on my own, let alone going through a story for the first time. Every time I turned on a game I didn't know what it was to be about at all. It was all discovery.

Nowadays it's a miracle if you don't know any detail before going into a game or a movie. It takes away from those feelings indeed...

I preffer to know what I'm spending my money into, when I was a kid I didnt have internet so my way of getting games was go to the store, find a game that looks good on the cover and hope it is actually good. And yes, discovering the game and its secrets and all that was fun, but at the same time it was a lottery, the game could perfectly end up being garbage and in some cases it was.

Later on being capable of seeing gameplay and reviews have prevented me from buying a lot of games I wouldnt have enjoyed. And if I want to go blinfolded to a game I can still do that with a bit of self control, so...
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

IT'S HOBGOBBO TIME!!!!!!!
    #JusticeForKurgan
  • neverending#5226neverending#5226 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,953

Your quote appears to be a fabrication. Is this intentional?

I was TL:DRing what you said: People *could* control themselves but since they won't CA shouldn't show the whole game because a few people on here seem to not have aforementioned control.

CA having confidence in their product-line wouldn't entail them pushing the most dishonest marketing campaign since Rome 2.

Without writing 5 paragraphs about this like you've been wont to do, what succinctly is dishonest about the marketing? They're literally just letting youtubers play it how they like. Should they have a free open beta of the whole game?
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,786
    Don’t watch and read spoilers then.

“Oh, I can’t help it” does not pass muster.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    Moved to Chat as it is more of a company discussion.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.