Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCoop error with crossplay

TheChosenJuan_TheChosenJuan_ Registered Users Posts: 4
edited February 23 in Multiplayer Bugs
Hello team,

I own the game on Steam and my friends play it on Game Pass. We are unable to join together in multiplayer sessions.

Error states that host does not respond.

Wasn't cross play supossed to be available from day 1?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• TheChosenJuan_TheChosenJuan_ Registered Users Posts: 4
    I tried joining battles and we can do so.

We have a problem only with campaigns.
  • blueyedjay1blueyedjay1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm also having the same issue, but the way to get around it kinda sucks. We just kept spamming the "join with code" option and it eventually worked. It seems they have a lot to fix for this game day 1, so I sure hope this gets fixed ASAP.
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 980
    Hello all,

Thanks for your patience and all the provided information. Could you try sending us the MP_log files, generated in your C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\logs directory.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA
  • BienneBienne Registered Users Posts: 1
    Got the same problem as OP, but I can't join crossplay multiplayer-battles either.
  • TheChosenJuan_TheChosenJuan_ Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hello team,

Here's my logs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Carlos
  • GallaYumeGallaYume Registered Users Posts: 3
    Here's my logs too, hope it will help :smile:
  • homeless0alienhomeless0alien Registered Users Posts: 1
    found a consisten work around for steam -> xbox connection.

Steam player hosts a CAMPAIGGN game and provides connection code to xbox player.

Xbox player goes into the multiplayer BATTLES connect screen and attempts to join using the code for the CAMPAIGN lobby.

This can take 1 to 3 tries but has worked multiple times for multiple players now. Good luck!
  • TheMexicanBanditoTheMexicanBandito Registered Users Posts: 1
    yea im having the same problem with crossplay here is my mp log
  • HTZ345HTZ345 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi I have the same Problem in Campain.
    Here's my logs
  • WindierSoda7655WindierSoda7655 Registered Users Posts: 2

found a consisten work around for steam -> xbox connection.

Steam player hosts a CAMPAIGGN game and provides connection code to xbox player.

Xbox player goes into the multiplayer BATTLES connect screen and attempts to join using the code for the CAMPAIGN lobby.

This can take 1 to 3 tries but has worked multiple times for multiple players now. Good luck!

nope doesnt work for me
  • EscyEscy Registered Users Posts: 1
    so I had the same issue no response to host. I did the multiple times trick didn't worked, but I noticed different lobby's loading so quick while I was joining so I turned off all the options on lobby list and joined again. I had no issues and joined my friends lobby guys hope it helps.

-Escy
  • steam_164510219479aCWRV5psteam_164510219479aCWRV5p Registered Users Posts: 1
    Here is my log file.
  • MochaSpace97521MochaSpace97521 Registered Users Posts: 4
    i found a work around.radmin vpn let u make a LAN network then your friend can join a server u created in there.After that go into the multiplayer lobbies and go to the local network tab and host a game.Any one connected to your LAN network in radmin should be able to be connected to that.
  • deviaNt_zadeviaNt_za Registered Users Posts: 2
    Also having this issue. Im on steam and friend is on game pass - we are unable to join each others games. Please help - we have been looking forward to playing this game together for months now and have not been able to start playing due to cross platform connectivity issues.
  • deviaNt_zadeviaNt_za Registered Users Posts: 2
    We finally managed to get one game going after +- 30 attempts. MP logs file is too big to be uploaded here
  • theegreyghosttheegreyghost Registered Users Posts: 1
    I am also having the same issue. I am on game pass and my buddies are on steam.
  • BrotherTuckBrotherTuck Registered Users Posts: 3
    We're also having the same issue with cross play between the two stores 2 of us on steam two on game pass, gamepass cant join each other or us
  • JakeJakeJake1001JakeJakeJake1001 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I FIXED THIS

on GAME PASS, start a single campaign, complete and end one turn, save the game, go back to main menu, THEN join with code. WORKS.
  • steam_164510329544WIm8xyfsteam_164510329544WIm8xyf Registered Users Posts: 190

I FIXED THIS

on GAME PASS, start a single campaign, complete and end one turn, save the game, go back to main menu, THEN join with code. WORKS.

This actually worked for us but then my friend's game crashed... still, it's the farthest we've gone so far so thanks for sharing!
  • YougiDoggyBearYougiDoggyBear Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same isued, I'm on gamepass and my friends are on Steam. They can join each others but I cant join them. I always have the error message : Failed to join : host is not responding.

I've tried to disconnected my xbox account and it worked two times but the game crash for another reason and i was unable to reconnect with the same tricks after around 50 tries.

I cant join my logs because the file is too large.
  • TMRGeorgeeTMRGeorgee Registered Users Posts: 3

Same isued, I'm on gamepass and my friends are on Steam. They can join each others but I cant join them. I always have the error message : Failed to join : host is not responding.

I've tried to disconnected my xbox account and it worked two times but the game crash for another reason and i was unable to reconnect with the same tricks after around 50 tries.

I cant join my logs because the file is too large.

I have also had this issue at the start, the codes don't seem to work... Only solution we have found so far is you need to refresh the lobby list and hopefully it won't take too long to see your pal's lobby, for me it takes between like 1-6 minutes to finally see his lobby, but it works eventually! Hopefully it won't be too long until this whole code issue gets fixed.
  • DimandDimand Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hello we have a similar situation
    2 off us have the game(warhammer 3) on steam and 1 in EPIC Games(pc).
    Epic Cannot join on Steam and Visa versa.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
  • #326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 530
    Hello,

i have the same issue. Don't work with invitation via code too.

The Multyplayer List is always changing. There are 5 seconds a few games then the next 2-5 seconds the next games. Always changing so i can't find the game i am looking for.

Can join random people, tried this 2 times and leaved the lobby immediately so i dont disturb them.

Tried to make a own lobby (Steam) and invited a friend (Xbox Game Pass) than i tried to joined a game created by him and so on. Tried the same in Multyplayer Battle, didn't work either.

Here are my MP_Logs hope they help to find a fix solution.
  • Strifer81Strifer81 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Same issue here !
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 980
    Hey,

Thanks for all the provided mp_logs. We will send your report to the dev team

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file