Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressInternet Stutters

MrSpoonMrSpoon Registered Users Posts: 8
edited February 28 in Multiplayer Bugs
Just wondering if this issue is known or not, whilst playing online in a battle or (4 man) campaign myself and my other friends experience all units either freezing or going into slow mo for a certain amount of time. This isnt just once every now and then this is almost consistant and makes the game unjoyable. At first we tried just a 2 man campaign and this was better but still every now and then the game would freeze, not in an fps way but internet issue. we then tried survival battle as we thought it might just be a 4 person campaign but it was still laggy. firstly its not our own internet as we all have decent internet and tried a campaign with each other still getting the same type of lag. hopefully this will be fixed as of right now theres not much motivation to load up the campaign
Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• NewLifeGTNewLifeGT Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 18
    We have the same way. We play in the 2nd lay down horror I play solo all type top...
    P.S. waiting for a fix
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
  • AlykardkoAlykardko Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 17
    I wanted to play with a friend on the network did not work, synchronization is not optimized unlike WH 2.
    MrSpoon said:

Just wondering if this issue is known or not, whilst playing online in a battle or (4 man) campaign myself and my other friends experience all units either freezing or going into slow mo for a certain amount of time. This isnt just once every now and then this is almost consistant and makes the game unjoyable. At first we tried just a 2 man campaign and this was better but still every now and then the game would freeze, not in an fps way but internet issue. we then tried survival battle as we thought it might just be a 4 person campaign but it was still laggy. firstly its not our own internet as we all have decent internet and tried a campaign with each other still getting the same type of lag. hopefully this will be fixed as of right now theres not much motivation to load up the campaign

Хотел с другом поиграть по сети не вышло, синхронизация не оптимизирована в отличии от WH 2.
    I wanted to play with a friend on the network did not work, synchronization is not optimized unlike WH 2.
  • epic_159733067209smjnh9Kepic_159733067209smjnh9K Registered Users Posts: 5
    I have the same issue but i have not found any fix as well but i have the same with another friend
  • MrSpoonMrSpoon Registered Users Posts: 8
    what game platform do you and your friends use and do you lag, may be only with xbox game pass?
  • KivopozKivopoz Registered Users Posts: 7
    Yeah I get alot of stop and go freezing when we are playing a battle in co-op but campaign map seems fine
  • Spectre7Spectre7 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same problem here, massive stuttering to the point it's unbearable. Not FPS related either. This is playing with 2 other friends in Free-for-All campaign.
  • xGunner10I32xxGunner10I32x Registered Users Posts: 4
    Same issue here :/
  • santasclausessantasclauses Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same here, all me and friends running it with game pass. My other 2 friends can play smoothly, it’s something with my laptop
    Hope that someone finds a fix quick for this I can literally not play multiplayer because of it.
  • aliaavataraliaavatar Registered Users Posts: 3
    If you're on game pass, try changing your profile avatar picture! When the game is trying to draw an old or default gamepass avatar, it can literally crash the game!
  • KivopozKivopoz Registered Users Posts: 7
    same issue here me and my friends cant play any coop battles keep getting stutters/freezes
  • Foxyman3890Foxyman3890 Registered Users Posts: 3

If you're on game pass, try changing your profile avatar picture! When the game is trying to draw an old or default gamepass avatar, it can literally crash the game!

i was trying to play coop with a friend had the same issues till just trying this and it actually worked i am amazed it actually worked so i would give it a shot
  • KuukunaKuukuna Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm not on game pass and the game lags like crazy, both multiplayer battle and campaign
    Hey people I had contact with Creative assembly and they gave me and my friend these options to try and it worked!
    I'm not sure which of these did the trick but our game runs smoothly now so try it out! (we did all the options)

List of things to try:

1. Log out and back into your platform account (Microsoft, Steam, Epic), then try connecting again and keep trying.
    2. Link your Xbox and Steam accounts to help establish a connection.
    3. Please review your home network configurations and attempt to connect once firewalls are disabled.

For option 3 make sure to check firewall settings for this game and make sure private and public checkboxes are checked! If you don't know how to do this follow this guide: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001324.htm

Linking the Xbox account is done in the Xbox game app. We both don't use it but because steam is considered cross-platform because Xbox is their main platform for the game make sure to try this one out.

I'm pretty sure it's option 3 that fixed our issue because my friend his firewall did not have the game public checkbox checked.
  • AlykardkoAlykardko Registered Users Posts: 2
    Through Radmin, there is no desynchronization and subsequent lags and brakes.
  • xGuffyxxGuffyx Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 20

Hey people I had contact with Creative assembly and they gave me and my friend these options to try and it worked!
    I'm not sure which of these did the trick but our game runs smoothly now so try it out! (we did all the options)

List of things to try:

1. Log out and back into your platform account (Microsoft, Steam, Epic), then try connecting again and keep trying.
    2. Link your Xbox and Steam accounts to help establish a connection.
    3. Please review your home network configurations and attempt to connect once firewalls are disabled.

For option 3 make sure to check firewall settings for this game and make sure private and public checkboxes are checked! If you don't know how to do this follow this guide: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001324.htm

Linking the Xbox account is done in the Xbox game app. We both don't use it but because steam is considered cross-platform because Xbox is their main platform for the game make sure to try this one out.

I'm pretty sure it's option 3 that fixed our issue because my friend his firewall did not have the game public checkbox checked.

Thank you. Number 3 worked, my friend also had unchecked public checkbox. After that we experienced 0 lag or slowmotion in campaign and battles.
  • MrSpoonMrSpoon Registered Users Posts: 8
    Im gonna give the options a go and if it works ill post again aswell
  • PolysaccharidPolysaccharid Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited February 21
    We had the same Problem with 3 Players, 2 are fine.
    I´ll try out the Firewall solution and then come back!

I would appreciate if the TW Team acknowledged this as a known issue!
    Multiplayer Campaigns are one of the key features imo and are currently nearly unplayable for a lot of players.
    Would help to stay positive for this otherwise wonderful game!
  • EntorpyEntorpy Registered Users Posts: 3
    Alot of ranked battles/tournament games are almost unplayable due to the lag and stuttering.

I don't know how they managed to create such an awful netcode/P2P system, but its bad. It doesn't even drop players who lag so much, it just drags down the rest of the lobby.

We had the same Problem with 3 Players, 2 are fine.
    I´ll try out the Firewall solution and then come back!

I would appreciate if the TW Team acknowledged this as a known issue!
    Multiplayer Campaigns are one of the key features imo and are currently nearly unplayable for a lot of players.
    Would help to stay positive for this otherwise wonderful game!

We tried it with with Firewall solution today, seems pretty good. At least only afew lags. Completly playable :)
    I would recommend to try it!

But may be it correlates with the overall Player amount?
    At the weekend it was far worse then e.g. Friday

• SistineWhitecatSistineWhitecat Registered Users Posts: 6
    tried the firewall solution yesterday unfortunately did not work for me and my friends on steam hopefully the upcoming patch fixes things
  • Kennyannydenny#4548Kennyannydenny#4548 The NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 211
    I have the same problem with my friend. We're both on Steam, no firewalls blocking anything. Even on turn 30 or so, during some battles or even on the map itself units/armies/heroes moving end up in slo-motion, which is literally the most annoying thing we came across so far.

We both have really quick internet connections, never had any problems with other games together. I turned down all my settings to the lowest to see if that affects things, but it doesn't. We get the same type of slomotion when I play on medium as when I play on low, so it's also not the graphics. It seems to be related to co-op play.
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 980
    Hey all,

Thanks for the patience and all the detailed reports you provided. Could you attach your DxDiag.txt and your mp_log.txt file from your %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\logs folder?

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team
    Hey Dimitar,
    I searched for the files and I don't have the DxDiag.txt file anywhere.
    I however have the mp_log file that is attached to this post.

I also made a screenshot of the rest of the contents in this folder
    As
    you can see there is no DxDiag file to be found.
  • SistineWhitecatSistineWhitecat Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Dimitar,
    I searched for the files and I don't have the DxDiag.txt file anywhere.
    I however have the mp_log file that is attached to this post.

I also made a screenshot of the rest of the contents in this folder
    As
    you can see there is no DxDiag file to be found.

DxDiag is actually a windows command that compiles all the info about your pc if you are on windows 10 you just need to type it into your search bar run it and save the file when it is done then you can post that
    Ok thx for that here is again the mp file and also the Dx fil.
    Hi,

Thanks for you answer Dimitar!

Sadly our last Session had only minor lags, so may be the log file isnt that usefull!
    Nevertheless i attached it, i will post another one when we experience hard lags again!

Keep on the good work!
    the game is great, just need some fixes :)

• PierreLeclercqPierreLeclercq Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello,

We are having the same issues. Huge slowdowns and freezes (but no frames dropped) and some random crashes.
    I'll join the mp log and dx Diag.

We'll try the firewall next session.

thanks
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 980
    Hey all,

Thanks for the provided files. Your issue has been sent to the dev team.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team
  • steam_164507909223DowXhmWsteam_164507909223DowXhmW Registered Users Posts: 2
    I wonder if this is an issue with the way they implement simultaneous turns.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file