Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressInternet Stutters

Comments

• MrSpoonMrSpoon Registered Users Posts: 8
    After patch 1.0.2 which “fixes desync in multiplayer battles” and “general multiplier improvements” I’m still getting unplayable de sync with 3 others. Still haven’t picked up the game since release hoping this gets fixed soon before myself and my friends fully lose the will to pick it up again
  • Jonsnowflake28Jonsnowflake28 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Still waiting for an Update I have the same problem
  • iamweaseliamweasel Registered Users Posts: 1
    Well me and my 3 friends tried every possible fix we could find. For now I guess.. Can we at least get some update about when the game will actually be playable in multiplayer?
    After the new latest update still major issues with desync during multiplayer. Hope a Dev or support member can atleast a knowledge this problem as still almost unplayable and not fun
  • MammothmanMammothman Registered Users Posts: 165
    Me and my cousin had the problem, too. Couldnt play like that. Its really a shame. We were very excited for a CD and Slaanesh coop with toggled off Chaos realms...
  • ZabalouZabalou Registered Users Posts: 2
    "In progress" since the launch and after 4 months there is still no news and no one talked about it. Still can't play in multiplayer.
  • artasienartasien Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    Any update on this issue? it is affecting a lot of people including my friends and I : (
  • MammothmanMammothman Registered Users Posts: 165
    Sooooo? I just played Domination and its still there...
  • Veni_Vidi_KiLLLLLVeni_Vidi_KiLLLLL Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited July 27
    I am having this same issue, playing 2 player co-op or ranked or any multiplayer. Playing with my best friend who's in the same city, we both have high-speed internet.

The games start OK but over time the stuttering increases, particularly in battles, to the point where the game is pausing for several seconds at a time every 30s-1min or so. Both of us are using the Steam version.

We tried Firewall Fix(after we make the game public/private there was a small change but still unplayable), Slow Casting tik off. drivers. Files integrity, Reinstal, on different partitions, we reinstall warhammer 2 and we have the same problem.

P.S. Priviosly we didnt have any issue.
    Post edited by Veni_Vidi_KiLLLLL on
  • CygsuCygsu Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm facing same issue - attaching files mentioned above.

Kind Regards
    Michał
  • TheDisappearedTheDisappeared Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    This is STILL happening CA! since bloody release, it's even worse after IE release are you doing anything to fix this??
  • James90James90 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Massive lag, slowdowns and stuttering when playing with 3+ players here too. It was also the same at launch and it hasn't improved at all since then! If anything it's worse now.
    Yes, we still can not play multiplayer, it doesnt mater campain or custom, lag and stutter from the start. Me and my fiends have good PCs and net and in single player solid 75 fps. It isnt from the specs. I have 2000 hours in Warhammer 2 and 70% from them are multiplayer campain and quick battles and didnt have any issue, but after warhammer 3, not only i cannot play multi in the war3 but i also have same issue in warhammer2 how is that possible???
    Same issues here still aswell, after months of asking in the discord chat to for a solution or explain why its happening the only response I get is "you need better wifi" or "you`re lagging" yet its quite obvious that`s not the issue as everyone else has stated they have good pc`s and don`t have internet issues as they could run wh2 multiplayer campaign battles without lag. extremely frustrating as such a waste of time to end up getting no help
  • ZiggariusZiggarius Registered Users Posts: 9
    I posted the below in a couple threads now, try giving this a shot. It may very likely be on Steam's end at the moment. Hopefully might help some of you, it was a night and day difference when it came to gameplay for myself and three friends.

Apparently Steam will "relay" peer-to-peer connections by default.

Go to your Steam -> Settings -> In-Game -> Steam Networking
    Change it to "Friends Only" presuming you're playing with friends, you could go to "Always" but that opens up some risk.

here is the steam article page about it. https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/1433-AD20-F11D-B71E

What about games that use Steam Networking APIs?
    If a game uses our newest networking APIs (ISteamNetworkingSockets and ISteamNetworkingMessages), the traffic can be relayed using Steam Datagram Relay (SDR), Valve's worldwide backbone and network of relays, and you can decide when to allow an app to share your IP address. Under Steam / Settings / In-Game / Steam Networking, there is an option that controls when your IP address is revealed:

Never
    . Never share your IP with any player. Always relay peer-to-peer traffic.
    Always
    . Always allow the app to share your IP with any player. If the other player also shares their IP address, a direct connection may be established. If not, it will be relayed.
    . This will not share your IP address, unless it appears necessary to avoid excessive ping times.
    Friends Only
    . Share your IP only with users in your Friends List.
    will give it a shot tonight and see if it helps
  • ZabalouZabalou Registered Users Posts: 2
    Doesn't work for me and my friend.
  • YeverianYeverian Registered Users Posts: 2
    Tried every fix I could find as well. Simply no luck. It's just disheartening at this point since TW:WH2 had zero issues like this. How do you manage to go backwards?
    Yeverian said:

Tried every fix I could find as well. Simply no luck. It's just disheartening at this point since TW:WH2 had zero issues like this. How do you manage to go backwards?

And problably if you instal warhammer 2 you will have the same issue...
  • YeverianYeverian Registered Users Posts: 2

Yeverian said:

Did you not read what i wrote? I have never had any issues with multiplayer in Warhammer 2
    Yeverian said:

Yeverian said:

Did you not read what i wrote? I have never had any issues with multiplayer in Warhammer 2
    i did, but me and my friend didnt have any issue whit warhammer2 but after the instal of warhammer3 we tested it we have the same lag and sttuter. Thats is why i said of you instal warhammer2 now you will proably have the lag...
  • Fenris50Fenris50 Registered Users Posts: 5
    This is because Warhammer 2 only had 2 player campaigns available. I think most of the issues are happening when you get a large number of people (5+) involved.
  • Devilspecter#1849Devilspecter#1849 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 13
    Posting here since I have the same issue playing in a 5/6-man H2H campaign.
    I need to specify that the issue (lag/stutters) only occur between me and 1 other player.
    If me or the 1 specific player leaves, there are no more issues.
    We have also tried playing with different people and had no lag before this 1 guy joined, and it is definitely an issue between me and him, we've tried leaving the game in battles 1 by 1 and as soon as me or him is gone there is near 0 lag or delays/stutters.

I also got everyone to do a speed test and their speeds should be adequate, slowest one was another guy (that we don't have any issues with) who had like 9mbps DL and 40 mbps UL.

We tried the fix with the steam servers that User "Ziggarius" suggested above, but it did not change anything.
    The strange thing is that if I use a VPN (the other guy does not use one) it works better.
    Depending on which VPN server I use it will be much better or just a bit better (it tends to always be better though).

Another strange thing to add is that we can find 1 VPN server that works fine, then after a few hours or a few days, it can suddenly get bad and I have to try other VPN servers.

We plan on maybe trying "LogMeIn Hamachi" as I remember that worked for P2P games back in the day, have the other guy use a VPN too, and we will definitely try the firewall fix (with setting both private and public enabled).
    Might also try turning off the firewall, maybe even try setting up a DMZ or open ports for TWWH3 on my home router to see if it changes anything... problem is I'd have to get the other guy to try things too.
    the problem occurs even with 2 people just not as much compared to 4+. shame to see that the devs wont address this issue and basically say "its your problem" it is P2P so obviously you need decent internet with no packet loss and a decent computer however its the fact myself and most people have this and yet the lag and slowdown still happens. At release a dev replied to this post saying they would take the files people sent and talk to the devs about it however we never heard anything at all after this. I also tried discord staff and a report but still they just send you links to read or say talk to more support who then either dont reply or say talk to someone else. Honestly at this point I give up myself and all my mates have waited long enough for nothing to be done so rip the £50
    Ok now I can say with 99% certainty what the problem is, but I warn you that I am using google translate and there may be mistakes.
    There are two parts to the problem:
    the first one is in the game.
    the second is in the Internet provider.
    We can't do anything about the first one, but we can about the second.

Background:
    I've always played more quick battles 1v1 and 2v2 with a friend. When we play a campaign game, we always get to the point where we like the race and start figuring out builds and how they'll perform in real conditions against people. In Warhammer 2 I have 1300 hours, 80% of which are multiplayer, and there was only one lag when we played 3v3 quick battles with people from the other side of the globe (I'm from Bulgaria). I mention this because I want to emphasize the fact that I have played a lot of multiplayer and I can confirm that only when we play 3v3 with random people then it lags, the other times with my friends we don't lag as it is now.

What we found is that there is a change in the netcode because of the ability to play the simultaneous turns and to be able to play the campaign with more than 2 people and because of this the code is not as stable as in Warhammer 1 and 2. And this i can say it with 100% certainty. When the game came out in February I chose to start a campaign with the Ogres and after 10 turns I went out and immediately played a quick game to test them and the new dominion mod. In the first game, it took 10 minutes for the frist 3 minutes to expire so that the objectives could be unlocked….. I said to myself aah, it is not known where the other guy is from and I went left the game, started the next one and there were the same lag and stuttering i wasn like WTF???. I told this to my friends who had just started campaigns with Kislev and Khorn to test how the multiplayer was going for them. One of them was lagging like me (who was from my city), but not the second one (who was from another city) without any lag and stuttering, but when he was playing with one of us, he was also lagging. Even then, we tried various fixes, but it had no effect. I got desperate and after two weeks I installed Warhammer2 to play some quick battles....but shock there was the same lag and stuttering as in Warhammer 3 there was definitely no lag present like this one in the game before warhammer3 lauch,something is rotten here. With every patch and update when I test the quick battle against a person it got better, it wasn't a perfect but it was less lag and I said to myself aah, so they will fix it. But the last 4 months there has been no change and I started to stress myself and my friends adn we tried all kinds of fixes offered by the forum and those that we find outside of it. We did internet tests all of us were below 1% packet loss and between 30 and 40ms which is good for P2P games, in the other P2P games that we play we didn't have any problem, but only in this one.We can only wait and hope that CA whill fix the netcode like use to be in Warhammer 2.

Now for the second problem, why I was explaining about who is from which city and what does this mean, it turned out that the second problem comes from the Internet provider. Even how it is with us without packet losses and low MS does not mean that things are good. After alot of searching for what could be the problem with us and the provider, it turned out that our provider does not use a real IPv6 protocol, but virtually converts IPv4 to IPv6 through some program, and this is a cheaper way because they don't want to give money... and thanks to that there will be always desync, if we were on server we wont have any problem but for P2P conections one must wait for the onther to convert the IPs and thats slows dawn the game one players is waitng for the other. I'm explaining this because the only way we managed to fix it is through the program that works like a Hamachi and it is free ofc, it's called Redmin VPN, if you know a better one, use that one. We have been doing tests for two days now like 2v2 whit bots max 20 stack no lag at all, but the moment we stop Hamachi wanna be lag and stuttering..... so yes....... The old fasion way like use to be in cs 1.5 and 1.6 hamachi your way out.

I hope this will help you.
  • TheDisappearedTheDisappeared Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    This is completely ruining MP, can you at least acknowledge this issue in your future patches as an ongoing problem??
  • Geiun#2951Geiun#2951 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm now experiencing this issue. I've never had a problem before, but since 2.2 dropped I am the destroyer of game lobbies. No frames dropped. No detectable network issues outside of the game. And yet it's so laggy that even in the game lobby it takes 5-10 seconds for changes to our Legendary Lord pick to apply.
  • TheFilthyLyre#3660TheFilthyLyre#3660 Registered Users Posts: 33
    We were playing 4-way and had the same issues in battle (campaign seemed fine). Hamachi logmein has legit solved ALL of our stuttering issues
    The problems are in the game(they changed the net code for sure) and in the internet provider(he can not handle the traffic and your speed is dropping), i can say this for 100% certainly because when me and my friends use mobile data from the our phones via tethering thru USB(and my mobile is 4-5 times slower than the cable) we don't have the stutter/lag and after 1 in the morning(on cable) to 6-7h the lag stops.

I don't know what CA changed in the netcode, but it has changed for Warhammer2 to and there i didn't have any lag and stutter, but now i have it in there too.
  • #425616#425616 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Still having this issue in our 4 player IE campaign.

All 4 of us play other online games with no issues and no lag, but when we all play TW battles will just slow to a crawl. It took us 45 minutes to play a battle and only 15 minutes passed on the timer. It was excruciating.

Our performance in game is fine when solo, I am 99% certain this is an issue with the network code.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file