Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredIssue with Prologue campaign battle

Fourthspartan56#7611Fourthspartan56#7611 Registered Users Posts: 9
edited February 2022 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
When I try to start the first prologue campaign battle it loads as normal but when finished loading the game is stuck on a black screen. After that, the only way to stop the game is to use Task Manager to shut down the program.

I've tried to fight it three times and each time it has the same result. Restarting my PC does nothing.

Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• skoellskoell Registered Users Posts: 1
  • Fourthspartan56#7611Fourthspartan56#7611 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Interestingly enough when I set the game on a lower resolution it still froze but the black screen was gone. Instead, it just showed the loading bar stuck at full.

• motis604motis604 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2022
    same black screen. I moved just outside of Dervingard and rested a day. Then tried it again and was able to fight the battle.
    Post edited by motis604 on
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 1,001
    Hey all,

Thanks for your reports and all the provided information. Could you provide us with save files just before the battle and DxDiag.txt and preferences.script.txt files, if possible.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team
    edited February 2022

Hey all,

Thanks for your reports and all the provided information. Could you provide us with save files just before the battle and DxDiag.txt and preferences.script.txt files, if possible.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

I would be happy to, but I'm not sure where any of this is.

I have checked the Steamapps/common/Total War Warhammer 3 folder and I'm not finding any of these files.

edited March 2022
    I'm bumping this thread because despite the release of two patches the issue persists.

Assistance would be appreciated.
    I can confirm that with the release of the newest patch the issue persists and a fundamental aspect of the game remains unplayable.
    The game remains unplayable as of 1.2.

This is absurd, I can't believe a game I spent $60 on has been unplayable as long as this. The only thing that stops me from immediately refunding my purchase is the (apparently misguided) trust I have in CA to fix its game. Despite my best judgment that remains but only barely.

I would appreciate any kind of response or reason to believe this will be fixed before the heat death of the universe.
    I can confirm that Immortal Empires is similarly broken, but this time instead of crashing on battles the game has decided to cut out the middle man and crash on the campaign loading screen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file