Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCannot connect to any MP games

TreeFiddyPleaseTreeFiddyPlease Registered Users Posts: 6
edited February 18 in Multiplayer Bugs
I am unable to connect to either my friends or any random person's game. It either tells me that the host is not responding or that there is an unspecified error. I tried disabling my firewalls, running as administrator, and verifying the game cache. I purchased and am running the game on steam, on windows 10, PC. I would appreciate any help or advice. I am able to connect to WH2 games with no issue.
Post edited by CA_Luna on

Comments

• epic_159734046457jk7c4aOepic_159734046457jk7c4aO Registered Users Posts: 3
  • LotusparadisebirdLotusparadisebird Registered Users Posts: 2
    I am also experiencing this issue, however I have not received the error "Host is not responding". When viewing the game list, I am unable to see my friends game displayed on the list.
  • MochaSpace97521MochaSpace97521 Registered Users Posts: 4
    i found a work around.radmin vpn let u make a LAN network then your friend can join a server u created in there.After that go into the multiplayer lobbies and go to the local network tab and host a game.Any one connected to your LAN network in radmin should be able to be connected to that.
  • CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,596
    HI everyone,

Could we gather your Mp Logs, dxdiags and find out what platforms all players are on?

Thanks!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TreeFiddyPleaseTreeFiddyPlease Registered Users Posts: 6
    Certainly! Could you provide any instructions for how to find these logs?
  • MarolanMarolan Registered Users Posts: 1
    I had connection problems due to the use of an animated avatar in steam. Try to choose another one if yours is the same
  • limo666limo666 Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited February 18
    same problem here:

fresh windows 10 pro with all updates (yesterday installed); steam as platform; only three programs on the system (with exception of all the crap windows 10 has by default): steam, discord, warhammer 3...

cannot connect to any games, friends cannot join me (even if they can join other games), if i use a password friends see that they need one to join.

Marolan said:

I had connection problems due to the use of an animated avatar in steam. Try to choose another one if yours is the same

Unfortunately that isn't the issue, but thanks.
  • limo666limo666 Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited February 18

Certainly! Could you provide any instructions for how to find these logs?

if you are using windows you find your log files in

C:\Users\ >username< \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer3\logs
    Post edited by limo666 on
  • HeadlssHeadlss Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same issue. I get "unable to join: unspecified error." my buddy gets "host not responding" or something like that when he tries to join me.
  • epic_159734046457jk7c4aOepic_159734046457jk7c4aO Registered Users Posts: 3
  • LotusparadisebirdLotusparadisebird Registered Users Posts: 2
    Windows 10 - Playing on Steam.

When my friend tried to join my hosted game they also get "unable to join: unspecified error.", however they are able to join other public games.

DxDiag and mp_log files here.
  • 824nate45824nate45 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I attempted to join a multiplayer matchmaking game but after it found me a match it stopped on the matchmaking screen for about a minute and then kicked me out of matchmaking into the battles screen saying an unspecified error had occured. I attempted to validate the game file through steam and no problems where found. I made another attempt and the same thing happened. I have attached my MP log and Dxdiag below.
  • Aramanser#8187Aramanser#8187 Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited February 21

EDIT:

Friend and I had the same problem. We FIXED it. In his case the solution was to uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus and in my case I needed to uninstall Comodo Firewall.

I've used Comodo Firewall for 10 years, I never had to uninstall it before to make something work. What a shame.
    Post edited by Aramanser#8187 on
  • cetsiwcetsiw Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 19
    Same here:I(steam) tried to connect with my freinds (gamepass) via code and got "Host not responding" (also among the gamepass players).It randomly worked after 10 - 20 tries, then we had to restart due to crashes and lag and eventually it stopped working completly.
  • SpetrSpetr Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited February 19
    Yes I am also getting issue, I am using Steam with Windows 10 and am otherwise unable to play online games, but the single player campaign is just fine
  • Epicsteve69Epicsteve69 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issues, if this issue is this common then it should be addressed under the "Known issues" page. But alas, it is not so I had to make a forum account just to let everyone know that my multiplayer is scuffed also.

I'm having the same issues, if this issue is this common then it should be addressed under the "Known issues" page. But alas, it is not so I had to make a forum account just to let everyone know that my multiplayer is scuffed also.

I assume there must be some prevalence of this issue, seeing as this post has over 1.7k views. Hopefully it will be noticed and addressed. Using radmin to play on LAN with my friends has been a decent workaround in the meantime.
  • #564544#564544 Registered Users Posts: 1
    same issue here as well. i do use iobit. i wonder if that's blocking me. i tried to turn of windows firewall but no luck
  • WTFrugal#2843WTFrugal#2843 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Super super annoying and frustrating issue.

I literally played a handful of battles with my friends a few days ago and everything went just fine.

Today I try to log in and play some coop Campaigns and I cannot connect in any way, shape, or form to multiplayer. I cannot host a server. I cannot see any servers. I cannot join my friends no matter how I try to do so. This is a major bug.
  • #736388#736388 Registered Users Posts: 2
    really wish I could play multi player TWWH3 but I'm having the same error

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file