Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressBlack boxes and black ground during battle.

MardisMardis Registered Users Posts: 3
edited February 2022 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Hello,

During first ~15 seconds game suddenly black screens for few seconds (sound is playing in the background) and then unfreeze with this stranged black textures and boxes in the background.

After some time second black screen happens.

I have attached DXDIAG and preferences.script.txt
Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• willangewillange Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited February 2022

I saw this once as well. For me it usually just crashes, but I had a similar issue occur
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 1,002
    Hey,

Thanks for the reports and the provided files and screenshots. The issue has been sent to the dev team

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA
  • SupraAofSupraAof Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hello, I got the same problem. Screenshots will be pointless since it's exactly the same issue. I tried lowering texture filtering, as suggested in a reddit thread, to trilinear setting and the problem seems gone. But I'm not sure if it's definitely gone or just temporar luck.

But the fact is I play on a RTX 2070S, with an i7 9700K, the issue should not appear with such configuration...
  • Carogna#9534Carogna#9534 Registered Users Posts: 398
    I also have this issue
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • eiszeit1991eiszeit1991 Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2022
    willange said:

I saw this once as well. For me it usually just crashes, but I had a similar issue occur

Same issue here. Now for the third time. Second time, game froze and I had to restart my PC. While the other two times I was able to save. Glad I'm not alone....but it's kinda annoying.

Post edited by eiszeit1991 on

willange said:

Same issue here. Now for the third time. Second time, game froze and I had to restart my PC. While the other two times I was able to save. Glad I'm not alone....but it's kinda annoying.

For me it happens pretty reliably. Oddly enough, if i turn my graphics way way down then it happens less frequently but it still happens
    edited February 2022
    willange said:

willange said:

For me it happens pretty reliably. Oddly enough, if i turn my graphics way way down then it happens less frequently but it still happens
    Now 23 hours into the game and it happens nearly every second hour....would call this reliable as well.....^^" Most times it crashes.
    Hey guys, I run RivaTunerStatistics while playing my games. And I noticed that the memory of my graphic card is jumping to 16k when this black boxes appear and when the game crashes, it even reaches 32k. Perhaps a memory leak?

Was finally able to make a screenshot, if that helps in any way. I just want to enjoy this game.....
  • Anaguma11Anaguma11 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Exactly the same issue, it happens every few minutes for me, sometimes just seconds even on the lowest resolution so I haven't been able to play the game past turn 2 in any campaign and spent 14 hours plus just trying to solve this issue.

From my experience it happened in very diverse situations ( while I was clicking on a settlement, an army, on the skills/tech menus, on the caravan mechanic page) but it seems to happen almost every time I spend more than a few seconds besieging a settlement on turn 2 which is why I haven't been able to progress more than that. It's very frustrating I hope it'll be adressed soon.
    Anaguma11 said:

Exactly the same issue, it happens every few minutes for me, sometimes just seconds even on the lowest resolution so I haven't been able to play the game past turn 2 in any campaign and spent 14 hours plus just trying to solve this issue.

From my experience it happened in very diverse situations ( while I was clicking on a settlement, an army, on the skills/tech menus, on the caravan mechanic page) but it seems to happen almost every time I spend more than a few seconds besieging a settlement on turn 2 which is why I haven't been able to progress more than that. It's very frustrating I hope it'll be adressed soon.

It's nice to see that this problem is not even listed/updated in their "known issue" list. As if they don't care.
  • Anaguma11Anaguma11 Registered Users Posts: 5

Anaguma11 said:

It's nice to see that this problem is not even listed/updated in their "known issue" list. As if they don't care.
    At least it's been sent to the dev team thanks to you, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next patch...
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,925

Anaguma11 said:

It's listed in the updated version https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/306213/known-issues-workarounds-and-support-updated

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Anaguma11 said:

It's listed in the updated version https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/306213/known-issues-workarounds-and-support-updated
    Please show me where. There are problems mentioned about black screens entering battles and starting a campaign, but this is not the same! The black boxes are mentioned nowhere......

• MarchisiiooMarchisiioo TurkeyRegistered Users Posts: 2
    Hello, my game crashes same problem at intervals of sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 2 hours during normal gameplay, and after the crash, as I will share below, the textures on the screen go away and turn black. Please fix this problem CA :(

• weeksgweeksg Registered Users Posts: 2
    I have this issue whenever I start a siege (defender or attacker) it has black boxes or in the case of this battle the entire field is black and I can only see the health indicators and supply points.

• weeksgweeksg Registered Users Posts: 2

I have this issue whenever I start a siege (defender or attacker) it has black boxes or in the case of this battle the entire field is black and I can only see the health indicators and supply points.
    Any updates on this?
  • MardisMardis Registered Users Posts: 3
    willange said:

Any updates on this?

Good question
  • AlberslincesAlberslinces Registered Users Posts: 2
    After Patch 1.1, I'm having even more problems with black terrain textures at high texture filtering. The problem is the same, adding that now sometimes the battles freezes when starting and the screen shows only black shadows and random terrain pieces. Any solution for this? Thanks
  • jshxjshx Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited April 2022
    Same, I've been having this issue since the very first hotfix. Played ~35 before that perfectly fine. Now I can't get more than a few minutes into the game before the screen freezes, flickers, and then crashes to desktop. Sometimes, if left alone, eventually resolves to these black textures. But usually it just CTD.
  • AlberslincesAlberslinces Registered Users Posts: 2

This is my most recent battle, the first one of a new campaign I tried to start today (at this moment, I have not been able to play one single battle since release). I tried different grahp configurations, but its the same all times. My specs are:

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
    i9 3.70 GHz
    32 GB RAM

Please fix this problem, this the first time that I cannot play a Total War since Rome I (2004).
    Thanks
  • Imkarl123Imkarl123 Registered Users Posts: 9
    I am having this problem every battle, eventually leading to ctd. Games unplayable right now, but its nice to see that I am not alone with this.

GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
    32 GB RAM
  • Zakris72Zakris72 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Any updates on this? I'm having the same issues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file