Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

3840x2160 resolution stays capped at 30 fps

MashedpotatojohnsonMashedpotatojohnson Registered Users Posts: 4
edited February 2022 in Performance & Graphics
Whenever I try to run the game in my native resolution (4K) the game caps itself at 30fps no matter what I do. I've tried changing the nvidia settings to 60fps globally, I've tried turning on and off vsync. If anyone has any ideas or if I just have to wait for a patch?

GPU- GTX 2080 Super
CPU- Intel I7 9700K
RAM- 16GB
SSD- Yes I use it but I don't know the specs
Post edited by Mashedpotatojohnson on

Comments

• MashedpotatojohnsonMashedpotatojohnson Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hey @CA_Charlie ,
    I tried your ideas and I'm still getting stuck at 30 fps and it does not go any higher. I have a 60 hz monitor and it goes up to 60 when I drop the resolution to 2K. But 4K seems like it has no 60 fps compatibility.
  • WiDOWZWiDOWZ Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited February 2022
    If my RTX 3080 can't 1440p consistently 60fps this game, I don't know how you expect a 2070 super to 4K. I get 50% better performance in TWW2 at 4K then I do in this game. Better to just play TTW2 and wait out a patch or two at this point.

Ryzen 5950x / RTX 3080 / 32gb Ram / NVMe 2TB SSD
    My 2080 has been doing great for almost 2 years but maybe it's time to look into an upgrade. Maybe adding more RAM will help it too. I only have 16GB RAM in my pc so maybe 32 will give me a good boost. I don't expect the game to be optimized perfectly so close after release so maybe a patch or two will help like you said. I scale down my resolution in game to 1440p and get around 60 fps most of the time. The game is still a lot of fun I can't wait to see it fully fleshed out and optimized.
  • WiDOWZWiDOWZ Registered Users Posts: 23
    No its a fine GPU, the game is just very sluggish for top of the line cards it seems. Adding more RAM will not make a difference as most games nary come even close to 8gb let alone 16gb. So long as you run dual channel and don't have a big bg processes that simultaneously utilizes most of it you should be fine with 16gb.
    Yeah I don't run anything besides the game when I play. I'll just stick it out until some patches come through.
    But if you're looking for anyone to do a coop campaign with I'd be down. I wanted to get more people who like warhammer in my circle anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file