Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredGrand Cathay trade caravan is stuck?

warcherwarcher Registered Users Posts: 1
edited February 2022 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
they just sit there and do nothing. I have three and they all seem to be stuck and unusable. They worked for about 10 turns, not sure what happened.

Anyone else get this?
Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 1,002
    Hey,

Thanks for the report. Could you try providing us with your save file with this issue present, if possible?

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA
  • I-Shower-Naked#1415I-Shower-Naked#1415 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I have a similar issue... Caravan menu is unresponsive now for 10 turns already. 1 army is simply stuck somewhere with the message "movement has been disabled for this character".

Noy sure how to share the save file.
  • TeapotPandaTeapotPanda Registered Users Posts: 1
    Might help for you gues im playing Mia Ying myself and my caravan was bugged couldnt set out / buy a new one because some random army was sieging Nan Gau. Not sure how it got trough without any reason and sieging it for 10 turns somehow ( could be my bad ). But they sacked it and my caravans worked again.

In short Nan Gau was sieged couldnt dispatch / recruit until the sieging army was gone ( they sacked) and the caravan left from the SNake gate after just fine.
  • steam_164513670699eubDjBzsteam_164513670699eubDjBz Registered Users Posts: 2
    I've got the same bug. Here is my save file.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xyomU5IcMVHq71RgC5SHios-1hknxS8f?usp=sharing
    Hope it helps in finding the error source.
  • StorburkenStorburken Registered Users Posts: 17
    I encountered the same thing. The caravan stuck in place and unable to interact with it.
    For me it was triggered by a caravan event, the one where you can choose to feed one of your units to hungry ogres or choose to fight them. I pressed fight, and was a bit surprised nothing happened. The turn after I noticed the caravan hadn't moved so I tried to find a way to manually trigger the battle that was obviously meant to take place. I didn't find a way, and the caravan never moved from that spot again.
  • RoleplejerRoleplejer Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same issue, after ambush battle my caravan is stuck. Cant interact with ti
  • DuranduneDurandune Registered Users Posts: 1
    Somehow get that caravan army to die or fight. (I declared war on a skaven army near them and they were killed). Then I was able to start another caravan the following turn. The thing that seemed to cause the glitch was when I chose to pay off the raiders instead of fighting. I have successfully used caravans, fighting/auto resolving each battle since.
  • steam_164513670699eubDjBzsteam_164513670699eubDjBz Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    It seems to me, that the army get's stuck in the control field of a city. In my 2nd campaign they couldn't move out of the field of control of Kislev, but I managed to free them by signing a military access agreement with the Ice Court. Hope it helps.
  • AramorlasAramorlas Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have an additional step in this Problem. My First caravan is doing Fine. But when i buy an additional caravan the First one will stop one Turn before Arrival. I am Not able to send the additional carravans to an destination. So When i buy a second caravan there is no possibility to set a destination while the First one is „Alive“.
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 1,002
    Hey steam_164513670699eubDjBz ,

Could you attach your save file to a post here in the thread? Thanks :)

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team
  • quasariusquasarius Registered Users Posts: 1
    have the same issue. 3 player multiplayer campaign. Managed to complete 3-4 caravan runs, now it's stuck. It seemed to be stuck first on 2 turns left for a couple of turns, and now 1 turn left for another couple of turns.
  • sirdiealotalotsirdiealotalot Registered Users Posts: 2

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

Fix this disaster. It's not hard to reproduce mate. Create a caravan and move along for a few turns until it breaks. Simple, and annoying.
  • killller54#4927killller54#4927 Registered Users Posts: 7

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

Fix this disaster. It's not hard to reproduce mate. Create a caravan and move along for a few turns until it breaks. Simple, and annoying.
    Keep it cool mate, i have had no problems with caravans, beside the occasional empty fight prompt with no army to attack me, never have had caravans stuck anywhere. Attaching the save lets them see what specific thing breaks in what non-universal point in the code, since not everyone have the same problem.
  • kravcov235322kravcov235322 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hey! I have a problem with caravans. Sent 5 caravans with no problems. Then when the 5th caravan reached its goal, I received money and tried to send a new caravan (I have 5 of them) - select the caravan > set the desired amount of gold > select the point of arrival > the "departure" button starts glowing > I press it > the caravan screen closes. BUT THE CARAVAN DOES NOT DEPARTURE. Please try to fix this error. Warhammer 3 is a great game, but absolutely not playable without such an important feature as caravans!
  • Tracktor305Tracktor305 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Just had the same Problem. My Caravan was stuck for 4 turns at the same spot. Did some save scumming. By removing all the items from my master i got another caravan-event over the endturn. normaly i always got the one with the empire captain but after removing all the items i got a fight. after the fight the caravan kept on moving. Maybe this helps.
  • FugasonFugason Registered Users Posts: 1
    my caravan also got stuck, how is this not patched yet?
  • YorathYorath Registered Users Posts: 1
    I had a similar problem, as the Northern Provinces a caravan got stuck on a rift. Even after I closed the rift with a nearby army, the caravan helped in the fight, and afterwards was stuck for several turns. I tried setting a new destination/route but that didn't work, I eventually disbanded it and sent out a new one.

Noth Prov - Caravan Stuck.761326894420.save
    https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/8FK4pyok/file.html

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file