Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressUnable to get Exalted Daemon Lords

DiddlysliceOGDiddlysliceOG Registered Users Posts: 3
edited February 2022 in Multiplayer Bugs
In multiplayer, you are not given the option to change your normal daemon lords, into exalted ones. I have a level 30 Herald of Nurgle, my friend the same with Tzeentch, but neither have got the option or event to change them.
Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• Luna_CALuna_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,606
    Hi DiddlysliceOG!

Could I get the save files from your game please? =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Thiend#9921Thiend#9921 Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi DiddlysliceOG!

Could I get the save files from your game please? =)

If you need more I've got two saves with this same issue, one with Khorne and one with Nurgle. And separately one of them you can't retreat from battles for some reason (button greyed out, ongoing as of the last save for a dozen or so turns).
  • epic_159743712730dHkBFyYepic_159743712730dHkBFyY Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    Hi just to add I have the same issue with a friend of mine (me on tzee, him on legion)
    I can upload saves if needed but im not sure how, both of us are on steam idk if that matters
    Post edited by epic_159743712730dHkBFyY on
  • raylaneraylane Registered Users Posts: 4
    Same here, our heralds have not gotten the option to ascend
  • GagavoncreamyGagavoncreamy Registered Users Posts: 2
    I can say me and my friend experienced same issue as well, me playing as exiles of khorne and him oracles of tzeentch. I have two herald lords past level 17 but no event happened to ascend them. Same thing happened to my friend`s herald as well.
    I can provide save files if required as well.
  • UrbanAvalonUrbanAvalon Registered Users Posts: 3
    My coop campaigns also have this issue, both my friend and I (Slaanesh and Nurgle) never got the prompt to upgrade our Heralds. It's put us off playing Daemon campaigns until a patch comes out.

I'll be more than happy to provide any more info if needed.
  • Not_A_WolfNot_A_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same issue, seems to be on multiplayer where it happens
  • Luna_CALuna_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,606
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for the update! You can upload your save files directly to this thread! Here's a how too:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202021/read-this-before-posting#latest

Any saves we can collect will help with the investigation into this issue! thanks =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Hi CA,

I located the save file for the multiplayer campaign for the host and client, however when i try to attach the files to this post I receive an error stating "File format is not allowed". The file formats are .save_multiplayer.

Are there any other steps I need to perform to attach the files? I don't see anything in the guides on needing to change the file extensions.
  • epic_159743712730dHkBFyYepic_159743712730dHkBFyY Registered Users Posts: 2
    Attached botha a client and host file, let me know if there's anything else you need.
  • GagavoncreamyGagavoncreamy Registered Users Posts: 2
    I could not also upload .save_multiplayer format, but it is possible to upload it if you convert it into RAR. Save file is attached, please let me know if any other information required.
  • ArchedHookArchedHook Registered Users Posts: 3
    I also have the same bug in my coop file and am unable to load my file as a .save_multiplayer. i do have it converted to a .rar so if it helps. This could be entirely two different issues or a design choice, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact the you also never get the quest for your free hero at the start of a coop campaign like you do in solo, just my two cents but thought I may bring it up
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,788

Hi CA,

I located the save file for the multiplayer campaign for the host and client, however when i try to attach the files to this post I receive an error stating "File format is not allowed". The file formats are .save_multiplayer.

Are there any other steps I need to perform to attach the files? I don't see anything in the guides on needing to change the file extensions.

Save as a zip or rar file then attach.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Thiend#9921Thiend#9921 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Here they are. I've since tested with all factions in both multiplayer and singleplayer, and it doesn't appear to make a difference - all heralds work in singleplayer and none do in multiplayer. If I may suggest, and I have no idea if this is accurate, but if there are different event trigger categories in multiplayer (which occurred to me because the starting quest giving a hero for each faction isn't present in multiplayer) there's a very good chance someone just forgot to add it to the list of valid events for multiplayer.
  • koshe86koshe86 Registered Users Posts: 3
    yup not working in multiplayer at all, think the dilemas for them are in sp mission coding and not mp one.
    Attached are the coop files.
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 1,002
    Hey all,

Thanks for the provided files. Your issue has been sent to the dev team.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team
  • SoradinSoradin Registered Users Posts: 1
    This is caused by the fact that the script for greater daemons uses an intervention (cm:trigger_transient_intervention) to trigger the dilemma to upgrade the herald and interventions only work in single player. Moving the listener and dilemma outside the intervention in a movie mod that overwrote the setup_greater_daemons function caused it to work in multiplayer.
  • DingoClawDingoClaw Registered Users Posts: 3
    @sarad
    Soradin said:

This is caused by the fact that the script for greater daemons uses an intervention (cm:trigger_transient_intervention) to trigger the dilemma to upgrade the herald and interventions only work in single player. Moving the listener and dilemma outside the intervention in a movie mod that overwrote the setup_greater_daemons function caused it to work in multiplayer.

Do you have that movie mod created already/ could you send that
  • tapeworm00#8410tapeworm00#8410 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Same is happening in my MP campaign. Do you need any more save uploads?
  • BobPrimeBobPrime Registered Users Posts: 2
    Has this been fixed in version 1.1?
  • Rallan101Rallan101 Registered Users Posts: 8
    BobPrime said:

Has this been fixed in version 1.1?

Nope, also don't see it mentioned for 1.2 or 1.3 on roadmap.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file