Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Make Urson's Roar map wide

NielspeterdejongNielspeterdejong Registered Users Posts: 306
So I know I just made a post about the Elemental Bear, but I was hoping to give a suggestion for the Urson's Roar ability as well; namely to make it map wide.

I have played with the Patriarchs for a bit, and while I love most about them, the roar ability is either a hit or a miss. It only has a duration of 9 seconds, and you have to be close to your cavalry to use it, which (especially at the earlier levels) is not always optimal. Making it map wide would allow you to time it with your cavalry's flanking charges, especially if both the Charge bonus as well as the Charge speed is increased by 35%.

This would give them an amazing "THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!" feel, where you move your cavalry in to charge an enemy missile unit, pop this ability somewhere else on the map as the Patriarch's Urson's Roar reaches all your troops, and with proper micro perform a devastating flank, while all other your men have their spirits relieved by the mighty charge.

I know that the game just came out, and in some cases the ability has indeed worked as intended, but there have also been many more where the patriarch was just barely out of reach to give the boon, and this would justify the short 9 seconds duration as well.