Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueGamepass MP crash & Code invites not working

MilitusMilitus Registered Users Posts: 19
edited February 2022 in Multiplayer Bugs
We attempted to play with four people and it has several issues.

One of us has Gamepass, we'll call him 'A'. When A goes into multiplayer, his game simply CTD's.

When any of us host and he tries to join with the code, it simply says no response from host.

Am I missing something?
Post edited by CA_Dimitar#6718 on

Comments

• TMRGeorgeeTMRGeorgee Registered Users Posts: 3
    I have also had this issue at the start, the codes don't seem to work... Only solution we have found so far is you need to refresh the lobby list and hopefully it won't take too long to see your pal's lobby, for me it takes between like 1-6 minutes to finally see his lobby, but it works eventually! Hopefully it won't be too long until this whole code issue gets fixed.
  • MilitusMilitus Registered Users Posts: 19

I have also had this issue at the start, the codes don't seem to work... Only solution we have found so far is you need to refresh the lobby list and hopefully it won't take too long to see your pal's lobby, for me it takes between like 1-6 minutes to finally see his lobby, but it works eventually! Hopefully it won't be too long until this whole code issue gets fixed.

Really? Damn. We tried so many different solutions we found online, none of our three games appeared in our 'A's lobby.
  • Arhke7437Arhke7437 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Can't host MP games with my GamePass game.
    Friend can host games but they just crash and boot me once we're in the game.
    We finally got it working through LAN and now 'A''s game crashes when getting in a lobby or hosting one... lol.
    Okay so editting this...

If you're on Gamepass and have an old Xbox 360 profile picture, you have to change it, that seems to avoid a crash.
  • CherrynobylCherrynobyl Registered Users Posts: 1
    Seems nearly impossible to play with steam users on the game pass version.

Log shows that it tries to connect with the code but fails. Steam users have no problem joining them.
  • KavrakaKavraka Registered Users Posts: 5
    There is a slight work around

Go to the multiplayer campaign or battle whichever you choose.

Once in the lobby where it shows servers or you can enter the code to join a friends server hit Windows + G for the overlay to pop up. Go to settings and click accounts then click log out.

Now you can enter the friends code or even host your own multiplayer campaign/ battle (hosting before you just crash to desktop)

Now entering the friends code isnt a 100% thing every time. Sometimes you have to enter it about 15-50 times before it actually asks you for the password or allows you into the game itself. But this is the best work around we have at the moment.

Hope this helps.
  • steelwork#9181steelwork#9181 Registered Users Posts: 90
    i successfully played with 2 friends who had the gamepass (i have the game on steam).
    but it took several tries for us to finally be able to all connect on the same lobby.
  • Rhym3zRhym3z Registered Users Posts: 2
    Kavraka said:

Once in the lobby where it shows servers or you can enter the code to join a friends server hit Windows + G for the overlay to pop up. Go to settings and click accounts then click log out.

Now you can enter the friends code or even host your own multiplayer campaign/ battle (hosting before you just crash to desktop)

Now entering the friends code isnt a 100% thing every time. Sometimes you have to enter it about 15-50 times before it actually asks you for the password or allows you into the game itself. But this is the best work around we have at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Tried this, it worked once then never did again unfortunately.
  • shaunobrowshaunobrow Registered Users Posts: 3
    honestly, the gamespass version is just buggy as hell.

Like it is with a LOT of games.

most of the time the issues with connecting to things via gamespass is because the microsoft store on windows is hilariously awful.
  • Ragnarlee13Ragnarlee13 Registered Users Posts: 1

Okay so editting this...

If you're on Gamepass and have an old Xbox 360 profile picture, you have to change it, that seems to avoid a crash.</blockquTHIS CAN'T BE... Why does this work? This shouldn't be a fix for networking what in the holy hell?

• 5mo0TH135mo0TH13 Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited February 2022
    Kavraka said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you this worked for my friend and I, hopefully the campaign continues to work.
  • CA_Dimitar#6718CA_Dimitar#6718 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 1,001
    Hey all,

Thanks for your reports and all the provided information. We know about your issue and it has been sent to the dev team.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file