Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER III – Patch 1.0.1

CA_EvangelosCA_Evangelos United KingdomRegistered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 34
edited March 14 in General Discussion

Good day, everyone! With the first week of Total War: WARHAMMER III behind us, we’re continuing our work with the community to identify the most pressing issues as the team prepares, tests, and packages solutions in these upcoming builds. To catch up on our upcoming release plans, you can read our recent post on the topic here: Today’s release contains the first handful of fixes we were able to safely package into an update across all our platforms, and is targeted at early reports of multiplayer and performance issues in the game. We are already working on another package of fixes coming your way soon and will announce more about that when we have a timeline we can share.

As always, your feedback about the issues you’re experiencing and the efficacy of these fixes are essential to our process, so don’t forget to join us on our social channels to share your experience:
Thanks again for being a part of this journey; we look forward to all the changes still to come, and will be sharing more about the next steps in the near future!

— The Total War Team

📃 PATCH 1.0.1

• Fixed an issue where the multiplayer lobby would refresh too quickly, preventing players from being able to select and join a room.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented invites to a multiplayer lobby from working properly.
  • The game now runs in DirectX 11 compatibility mode for all users by default. This is to prevent instances where users inadvertently ran on the legacy implementation of the DirectX 12 beta.
  • Improved how 12th generation Intel CPUs (aka 'Alder Lake' family) interact with the game, providing more consistent framerates when running on these processors.
Post edited by CA_Evangelos on

Comments

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,711
  • EhecatlEhecatl Registered Users Posts: 150
    Aweome! I'm loving the game so far and keep up the good work!
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,786
    Not something that affected me, but I'm happy for those that will benefit from the patch.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • NoNickNeededNoNickNeeded Registered Users Posts: 7
    That is the 2.2 GB patch that's been installing on my system for the last 20 minutes and still shows no sign of finishing anytime soon? oO

Sorry, but you guys should really optimize the file structures and compression routines of your game.
    As great as it is, having to wait more than a full hour for the initial installation of the game to finish and now what's shaping up to be yet another full hour for a "hotfix" is rather bothersome.
  • steam_1645087231709YO8X5csteam_1645087231709YO8X5c Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 137
    edited February 24

That is the 2.2 GB patch that's been installing on my system for the last 20 minutes and still shows no sign of finishing anytime soon? oO

Sorry, but you guys should really optimize the file structures and compression routines of your game.
    As great as it is, having to wait more than a full hour for the initial installation of the game to finish and now what's shaping up to be yet another full hour for a "hotfix" is rather bothersome.

Have you just installed the game for the first time? That 2.2GB sounds like the day 1 patch. I've just downloaded todaya's v1.0.1 update and it was 520.9MB.

Although I do agree with your point that CA's file compression has a lot of room for improvement! :)
    edited February 24
    Nope, I've been playing the game until a bit over half an hour ago just fine and when I shut it down it started to update.

Though going by how Steam says it's updating 112.2 GB it could well be that the entire game is reinstalled for some reason...

I've also seen other people mention the 2.2/112 GB, so whatever it is, it's not exclusive to me alone.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,885
    edited February 24
    Mine was 520.94 MB

It's downloaded but it says 'patching' and isn't moving.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,831
    Thanks. Only issue I've had so far is the Launcher doing nothing but be a grey box. Windows then forces the choice to wait or play
  • Lyserus#4480Lyserus#4480 Registered Users Posts: 205
    Good good

now after your dinner please continue to fix the gameplay bugs
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,849
    Good to see the most pressing hotfixes going out soon-ish.

Still think you guys should have improved your patching system by now. I can't think of many games that repackage the entire install for every single patch they make. My SSD is crying for mercy right now.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,031
    Good, I hope this will help the few players who had problems with these addressed issues. Keep up the great work CA!
    edited February 24
    Well... finished now and the patch took near enough exactly 45 minutes to install (the download itself was done in less than a minute). So I guess it did not in fact re-install the entire game, since that took my PC about twice that amount of time.

Though 3/4 hour is still some serious waiting time to install a so called hotfix.
  • MaddredMaddred Registered Users Posts: 16
    I'll try new version after finishing patching, but you guys started from MP? C'mon, there is more important things than MP now.
  • AdmTDAdmTD Registered Users Posts: 109

Nope, I've been playing the game until a bit over half an hour ago just fine and when I shut it down it started to update.

Though going by how Steam says it's updating 112.2 GB it could well be that the entire game is reinstalled for some reason...

I've also seen other people mention the 2.2/112 GB, so whatever it is, it's not exclusive to me alone.

The same thing is happening here... How disheartening;

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,271
    Color me surprised. I did not believe they actually could manage a patch one week later. Even if the patchnotes make it rather look like a hotfix ^^ Maybe I am also too spoiled from Stellaris newest Custodian Team patch this week.

-----Red Dox
  • Bomdur#5716Bomdur#5716 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 251
    edited February 24
    Nice between 15 to 20 more FPS on campaign map (not in all places but where the snow was, which was the WORST). I will keep testing this during the day, but for now nice improvement!

EDIT: Demon prince part of the map is still the worse, but at least isn't 20 fps like before
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,593
    That's some really weak patchnotes there. Still I'm glad CA decided to finally make hotfix instead of waiting a month for a big patch.
  • dragon13dragon13 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Please CA let modders do theirs jobs and relese Blood and gore
  • epic_159732976447J0WTespepic_159732976447J0WTesp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    I woke up to find out that they didn't need me at work for another two hours... "Great!" I think, "Time for some Warhammer 3!" I get ready to start the game and it looks like there's a 500+ mb patch. "Awesome! I wonder what cool fixes this will bring," I say to myself.

The game then proceeds to re-download for whatever reason.

I wait like a good boy for it to finish, tilting my head in confusion for why that even happened.

After it finishes, I'm ready to salvage my extra time. I still have a little over an hour before I have to go. No big deal...

The game starts downloading itself again.

Why?
    Victory does not always rest with the big guns: but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.
  • Bomdur#5716Bomdur#5716 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 251

I woke up to find out that they didn't need me at work for another two hours... "Great!" I think, "Time for some Warhammer 3!" I get ready to start the game and it looks like there's a 500+ mb patch. "Awesome! I wonder what cool fixes this will bring," I say to myself.

I wait like a good boy for it to finish, tilting my head in confusion for why that even happened.

After it finishes, I'm ready to salvage my extra time. I still have a little over an hour before I have to go. No big deal...

Why?

Weird new steam download section sometimes show more than what is download (i've seen mine go from 500mb to 120gb) but it was fast. it didn't download the whole game again
  • skoontingskoonting Registered Users Posts: 25
    Seems like a pretty weak update given that it's been a week since launch. I hope there's something more coming soon.
  • Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 758
    Neodeinos said:

That's some really weak patchnotes there. Still I'm glad CA decided to finally make hotfix instead of waiting a month for a big patch.

It's not a hotfix. Unless a fix is applied within 3 days, it can't be considered a hotfix.
  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 206
    Awesome, I'm happy about the multiplayer fixes
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,286
    The fixes don't affect me, but I'm glad for them and for the ppl that will use them. WIll there be balance changes too or only fixes for now ?
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Iron_Crown#5779Iron_Crown#5779 Registered Users Posts: 1,760
    It's a 520 MB patch that is applied to 112 GB of data, basically the whole installation. As always with Total War, every patch for some reason needs to process all of the game data which makes it so slow. It doesn't mean that all that data is being re-downloaded. Although the patch processing is actually moving slower than if all that data was just being downloaded, at least on a fast connection.

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 18,929

Neodeinos said:

It's not a hotfix. Unless a fix is applied within 3 days, it can't be considered a hotfix.
    Its CA this is at hot as it gets. Usually CA fixes take a month.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• SusaVile#9835SusaVile#9835 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,419
    Guys, for those who are claiming the patch is larger, that is regarding Steam and how they validate files. It is going through those files and checking the info, while not actually downloading or installing that amount of info.

This happens for tons of games, different people, perfectly natural. The size of the patch is much smaller. That is why you can see this being varied (like, for me, it did not need to verify the files and simply installed a much smaller patch , like 100ish mb, than you guys are referring to)
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • Dragonsteel82Dragonsteel82 Registered Users Posts: 222

Why?

This is a steam issue, not a CA issue.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,153
    Hopefully we get mods soon...
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,857
    No patch to fix the gameplay design.

That will never be fixed, because CA doesn't know how.
This discussion has been closed.