Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Predictions for today's news

Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 839
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
1.1 Info, detailing changes to RoC campaign and mentions of some bugfixes.

Blood Pack announcement coming with the 1.1 Patch.

That's as reasonable as it can get me thinks.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• talonn#7575talonn#7575 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,928
    there will be some balancing in 1.1 too right? I am curious about that
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,157
    Nah they will focus on Med 2s mobile release for now.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • manpersal#3961manpersal#3961 Registered Users Posts: 3,398
    ArneSo said:

They clearly said we'll get info about the patch. A bit strange considering there's still 2 week to go, but that what they said, so let's see and hope it's something substantial.
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,620
    Steam beta release for alt+tab problem
  • #575018#575018 Registered Users Posts: 45
    I'm hoping for a release date for the patch and mod workshop.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,157
    manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

They clearly said we'll get info about the patch. A bit strange considering there's still 2 week to go, but that what they said, so let's see and hope it's something substantial.
    Fingers crossed then, I just lost all hope.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we get the patch, Blood and mods all at once.
  • Earlybird#2907Earlybird#2907 Registered Users Posts: 1,152
    Vague infos about a future patch
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,487
    Info about 1.1
    Release date for the Alt+Tab beta

This is what I think sounds reasonable.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • kevManiac#4754kevManiac#4754 Registered Users Posts: 1,049
    Probably some vague info about what's to change. Like statements such as "adjustments to the rifts" or "improvement of unit collision" or something. But hopefully a release date of the patch, with mod addition.
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Araby, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,089
    Hopefully the Spanish YouTuber was right and we get a balance patch.

I'd happily swap that for mod workshop or IE.
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,736
    Probably just the patch. Feels too early to announce their first DLC (race?) pack.
    ArneSo said:

manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

Why, what happened? Genuine question.

Probably just the patch. Feels too early to announce their first DLC (race?) pack.

ArneSo said:

manpersal said:

ArneSo said:

Why, what happened? Genuine question.
    CAs comment that they would give us news if they had anything to share at the moment.

Considering that the Roadmap, Mods, Blood and IE are already due, it’s mind boggling how they are still so secretive.

I’m just tired of CAs communication and the way they handle community feedback.

They should’ve never delayed the roadmap and the mod workshop. That was such a stupid decision.
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,736
    Ah, alright. I wouldn't focus so much on that comment. It's just a typical deflection attempt. Even if the exact dates are not certain yet, CA has surely formed the release schedule for at least the first circle of DLC content. The release date for the first faction pack could have been already determined in fact. But I wouldn't expect any official announcement before late March/early April.

• 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,350
    edited March 2022
    ArneSo said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we get the patch, Blood and mods all at once.
    I hope you are right... but I don't know, I'm a bit more pessimistic(WH3 launch left a bad taste) - I even fear this patch will be small...
    But if you are right I will be back in WH3 after the patch ! I want to play WH3!

EDIT: Also this is what they said - "We’ll talk more about what to expect in the update this week"
    So today or tommorw (but most likely today).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    Am I missing something? Did somebody from CA said they had stuff to share today? The last post just said there would be news "this week" not specifically today.
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,620

Hopefully the Spanish YouTuber was right and we get a balance patch.

I'd happily swap that for mod workshop or IE.

The end of the story was that he mixed things up. He already admitted that the balance patch will come in april.
  • Havana_BEHavana_BE Registered Users Posts: 55
    They didn't say anything. I think they have many difficulties with the game but they won't assume it. They prefer being secret than make promises and don't respect release dates.

Just imagine if they don't respect the roadmap... They will crucify themselves
  • Malruir#2663Malruir#2663 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 649
    It will probably just be vague info about the patch that won't contain anything new, plus the statement that it might come sometime in April. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.
  • Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 839
    edited March 2022

Am I missing something? Did somebody from CA said they had stuff to share today? The last post just said there would be news "this week" not specifically today.

New are usually released on Thursday or Wednesday.
  • Blaeys#7037Blaeys#7037 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,389
    If they do post something today - and they havent committed to doing so - I expect it will just be an overview of the 1.1 changes (not patch notes). I dont expect news about the blood pack or IE for a while longer.

Temper expectations and understand that all of these things will come with time.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,625
    edited March 2022
    Today will be a very good news day. Last Thursday they already teased us big time, so everyone is expecting upcoming DLC news today. And the tease about the civil war mechanics making rebellions and events more fun could be fantastic if bundled with a good DLC. Will be really a big day for the Stellaris forums.

On the other hand, we might also hear some noises from CA about the first major patch and the delayed Blood DLC. But I really don't expect much on that front, since earlier this week they already said to give up all hope for a release this week, and probably next week too.
    We’ll talk more about what to expect in the update this week, though its arrival date is still TBD as the team puts it through all the necessary testing and approval cycles.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309790/total-war-warhammer-iii-patch-1-0-2/p1

-----Red Dox
    edited March 2022
    Red_Dox said:

Today will be a very good news day. Last Thursday they already teased us big time, so everyone is expecting upcoming DLC news today. And the tease about the civil war mechanics making rebellions and events more fun could be fantastic if bundled with a good DLC. Will be really a big day for the Stellaris forums.

On the other hand, we might also hear some noises from CA about the first major patch and the delayed Blood DLC. But I really don't expect much on that front, since earlier this week they already said to give up all hope for a release this week, and probably next week too.

We’ll talk more about what to expect in the update this week, though its arrival date is still TBD as the team puts it through all the necessary testing and approval cycles.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309790/total-war-warhammer-iii-patch-1-0-2/p1

-----Red Dox
    Hehe thank you for the news, I do play stellaris :P . Thou I haven't read much of their WEEKLY Dev Diary or patchnotes ! So this is news to me :P .
    To tell the truth I'm pesimmistic about WH3... It won't be killed for sure, but I'm expecting this patch to be small(while still holding a bit of hope for WH3) and to have to wait half a year for the real finished WH3 !
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,501
    edited March 2022
    As for TWW3, I believe there will be news that will be too much to really call worthless, but not enough to be really satisfactory.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox
    CA already said the 1.1. patch will not come out before April. So yeah, it's 100% certain there will be no new patch neither this or next week (or the one after that, almost certainly).
  • nyobien#9819nyobien#9819 Registered Users Posts: 327
    Auro-resolve news or riot

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious. Nobody finishes campaigns because of how tedious the late game becomes with things like this to manage every turn.

Grudges:

6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. CA hid the exalted one until launch and lied that it was like Kairos's: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/qak83o/so_turns_out_the_lord_of_change_in_the_trailer/.

CA put the Champions of Chaos LLs in WoC instead of monogods to save money on unique campaign mechanics

• #32826#32826 Registered Users Posts: 50

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox
    CA already said the 1.1. patch will not come out before April. So yeah, it's 100% certain there will be no new patch neither this or next week (or the one after that, almost certainly).
    They said early next month... so early April (if the stars align correctly)
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    I'm hoping for a blood pack and workshop release date at least.

Info on what they do with the Realm of Chaos campaign will likely be the main topic of the patch itself. Balance changes and such are a more minor point.

Immortal Empires info would be good but I'm not holding my breath.
    LukeWar86 said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox
    They said early next month... so early April (if the stars align correctly)
    Sadly it WAS early next month... now it's "though its arrival date is still TBD"...
    Read the "TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III – PATCH 1.0.2" patch 1.1 part...
  • unepatateunepatate Registered Users Posts: 132
    early next month isn't a date either, it really doesn't mean it's delayed
This discussion has been closed.