Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

siege rework

2»

Comments

• Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,505
    edited March 2022

Oh yeah! And of course, 360-degree sieges. They were the thing in every TW game other than Warhammer....

No......

It doesn't have 360° sieges for the same reason there aren't formations for all....
    The level of micromanagement given the different types of units is already extremely high with magic, bound abilities, single characters chariots, strong counters, fliers, artillery etc.

Compare that to medieval 2 or shogun 2 please....what did you have there?
    Infantry, Cavalry, Some artillery and then skirmish infantry and skirmish cav... thats it. and the number of units and differences between factions were relatively minor while the fighting took a long time.

With the rework of the settlements and sieges its already very hectic and micro-heavy. If all sieges end up being 360° sieges and the ai would use it (it already does it) then its too overwhelming.

Have you tried defending a settlement against 2 armies at the same time on a map with 3 attack directions?

Its quite challenging...if you add 360° then it will get even worse. No thank you.
  • #1609#1609 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,544

Yeah, I get it. And I am thankful for all the modders out there but I think it is CA's job to fix the game, not the modder's. This "mods will fix it" mentality does more harm because it makes CA lazy.

I don't mod to "fix the game" for everyone. I mod it for my own preferences. Mods give more choices to players, who can combined different changes to match their own taste.
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,816
    edited March 2022

Oh yeah! And of course, 360-degree sieges. They were the thing in every TW game other than Warhammer....

Have you tried defending a settlement against 2 armies at the same time on a map with 3 attack directions?

Its quite challenging...if you add 360° then it will get even worse. No thank you.
    Well, what happened with my campaign a lot is that I was attacked by 2-3 armies at once and even though I was heavily outnumbered, I managed to defeat the enemy with 2 towers built. They are OP to say the least. And you basically don't have to do anything micromanagement-wise once these 2 towers pop out.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,790
    Crajoh said:

Now that we all know that tower defense siege "rework" is a debacle

To be honest you kinda give up the ghost here. I read the rest and the suggestions seem meh. I mean, you don't have to serve up suggestions to dislike the rework, but the one's you've served up just aint it.
    Dude interesting that you don't like the suggestions, personally I quiet like the OP suggestions. What are your thoughts on changing the sieges? Would it be more or less impactful or totally different?

BTW I agree the OP using "Debacle" is the wrong word for me, I view it more of a CA experiment that I personally don't like. :smile:
    The main thing is removing instant attrition and having the AI attack before attrition kicks in.

Beyond that I'd have supplies be fixed at the start of battle.

The actual sieges are an improvement. It's just so rare to play them because the AI will try to attrition you out so you have to go clap them.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • KaosfyreKaosfyre Registered Users Posts: 89
    Just refund. CA doesnt care what you think. Thats the only thing that will get their attention.

Maybe repurchase itnin a year if they work hard on it. CA hates their customers between this and 3K.
  • #1609#1609 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,544
    I'm testing my siege rework.
    Including a % chance that the AI chose to sally out insteaf of fighting in the minor settlement.
    I'm currently testing with 20% (it can range from 0, vanilla, always minor, to 100%, always land), I'll experiment a bit to fight a proportion that I like to keep both types.