Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I like this game, but i **** hate Tzeentches realm

BeardedragonBeardedragon MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,538
edited March 20 in General Discussion
And i dont understand how this passed production as a fun mechanic. It absolutely blows hard. Its an absolute save scum experience.

Comments

• ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,347
    I did not have to save scum once in the realm. I always go through the closest portal and after 5 turns I end up next to the fortress. But that might be, as McGonagall would say, my sheer dumb luck. I would also recommend going there first as Tzeentch is the worst one to fight and the armies are really small the first time you go to the realms.

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    I won't play the game until Tzeentch's real is improved and as for DLC - forget about it.
  • DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 273
    edited March 20
    Ariel said:

I did not have to save scum once in the realm. I always go through the closest portal and after 5 turns I end up next to the fortress. But that might be, as McGonagall would say, my sheer dumb luck. I would also recommend going there first as Tzeentch is the worst one to fight and the armies are really small the first time you go to the realms.

same for me. Generally, if I am the first to enter I am the first to reach the impossible fortress
  • Lortt81Lortt81 Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited March 20

And i dont understand how this passed production as a fun mechanic. It absolutely blows hard. Its an absolute save scum experience.

Same feeling for me.

2 realms that i dont understand what they were thinking :

Slaneesh is used by players to "exploit" a bad design. People enter in the first Rift appearence to Bump the resources.

Tzeentche is the worst. AI cheats pretty hard. I just put on a hold because of frustration a nurgle campaign yesterday, because even with a papear and pen to make notes, trying to be as fast as possible, i lost to Cathay that entered in the realm latter and in probably 4 turns reach the final battle just one moviment ahead than me. Last soul that i needed, just get kicked and in the same turn ogres get the 4 souls...
    Had a bad experience in a Kislev campaign too.
    And the solution that i Saw people giving in another topic is get the path/solution and savescum... Not so funny.
  • ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,347
    Lortt81 said:

Same feeling for me.

Slaneesh is used by players to "exploit" a bad design. People enter in the first Rift appearence to Bump the resources.

Tzeentche is the worst. AI cheats pretty hard. I just put on a hold because of frustration a nurgle campaign yesterday, because even with a papear and pen to make notes, trying to be as fast as possible, i lost to Cathay that entered in the realm latter and in probably 4 turns reach the final battle just one moviment ahead than me. Last soul that i needed, just get kicked and in the same turn ogres get the 4 souls...
    And the solution that i Saw people giving in another topic is get the path/solution and savescum... Not so funny.
    You can also just kill the other faction. It happens to me quite often that I meet them on one of the islands.

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • Lortt81Lortt81 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Ariel said:

Lortt81 said:

Same feeling for me.

You can also just kill the other faction. It happens to me quite often that I meet them on one of the islands.
    Yes. But in this realm It s not always possible. The other army used a "shortcut" to the last area. And when i reached the last area i hadnt movement left to provoke a fight.
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 556
    Yeah, before the game came out i thought tzeenches realm would go like this:

There are floating islands that are seperate from each other (we actually have this) and every island has a gate that you must reach to continue, when you reach a gate it asks you a riddle or maybe a puzzle minigame and if you lose you have to fight an army. If you either solve the riddle or win the battle you progress. 4 gates + daemon prince battle would be quite good imo.

You would also encounter ''abnormalities'' in the realm of tzeench that has variying positive/negative effects as long as you are in the realm of tzeench. Think of it like khorne realm weapons like chainaxe but instead of weapons you get army wide abilities ETC.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,691
    The only sense of positivity I get out of this realm is when I reach the end through pure luck.
  • karlvontyrkarlvontyr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 489
    It is my least favourite hell realm, and I always leave it to last. I would like it to be a bit easier to establish the gate twins and for it to be a bit more linear.

My order of 'favour' is Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch.

Nurgle is really flavourful and pushes you to manage attrition. Khorne is a mosh pit of death and relatively easy to kill your rivals. Slaanesh is just a circular race - I guess once we are playing sandbox the offerings will become more tempting. Tzeemtch will be more fun when sandbox I think, as you will have less time pressure to explore it.
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 311
    Hideous, frustrating game design especially when combined with the poor AR meaning I need to fight every battle in there and the OT anti-player bias meaning my empire is getting hammered while I’m doing it. Least fun I've ever had in a total war game and campaign stoppingly bad.
    Pappa_Fra said:

Hideous, frustrating game design especially when combined with the poor AR meaning I need to fight every battle in there and the OT anti-player bias meaning my empire is getting hammered while I’m doing it. Least fun I've ever had in a total war game and campaign stoppingly bad.

Try playing on normal difficulty if you are not having fun on a higher one.

I have not had any problems managing the home defence while advancing in the realms.

Pappa_Fra said:

I have not had any problems managing the home defence while advancing in the realms.
    Who said I’m not managing it? Lower the difficulty so I can have better AR results and not have to manually fight tons of tedious defensive sieges? Thanks for the tip 🤡
    Pappa_Fra said:

Pappa_Fra said:

Who said I’m not managing it? Lower the difficulty so I can have better AR results and not have to manually fight tons of tedious defensive sieges? Thanks for the tip 🤡
    My pleasure - you were seeming to say that it was a struggle 'my empire is getting hammered while I'm doing it'.

Hope you will have fun with the game.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,359
    There is a guide on Reddit if you would prefer that, reminds me of those old Walkthroughs for adventure games. It also states exactly what the AI cheats are, which is basically just in Tzeentch's realm, probably because it would be a pain to have the AI decipher the matter.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
    edited March 20

Pappa_Fra said:

Pappa_Fra said:

My pleasure - you were seeming to say that it was a struggle 'my empire is getting hammered while I'm doing it'.

Hope you will have fun with the game.
    Apologies, my reply was poor and you're the bigger person for not rising to it. It's not that I find it hard, it's just tedious and not very enjoyable. The anti-player bias is also immersion breaking and I don't think lowering the difficulty really helps resolve any of those in a way that makes the game more enjoyable. Anyway it's probably best for me to just wait for a few patches and IE now. I've done about 70 hours which I've mostly enjoyed so happy to leave it there and play a few other games.

Edit: Spelling
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,348
    Someone on Reddit posted a map. I used it and it was a piece of cake.

Definitely agree that the initial design was horrible and annoying tho
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,820
    Your best bet is to do Tzeentch last and hope the other factions already have it so they can't nick it from you while you're there. Because the AI blatantly cheats so either you get super lucky with teleports, get there way ahead of them which you can't control, or meet them by chance and kill their stack. All these options are a dice roll basically. It's just not fun at all.

Doesn't help that it's also the realm where you fight the most, and it's almost always the same army, and Tzeentch is just unfun to fight unless you have tons of speed or the ranged firepower to overwhelm him.
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    I did the Tzeentch realm as my last, i met Katarina there and killed her to cut her off from doing it.

I could have sworn that i went through the same portal twice and somehow still ended up at the impossible fortress.
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,490
    There is a guide on Reddit that is easy to follow.