Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sky Titans: what did they look like?

MidyinMidyin Registered Users Posts: 27
edited March 26 in General Discussion
I know the lore of who the Sky Titans were in relation to how the giants came to be.
I know that the giants are their misshapen, smaller, and weaker ancestors made genetically inferior by generations of inbreeding, and i know that they were once a great civilization before they were brought to ruin by the Ogers, But what were the Sky Titans actually like?

I keep imagining the stereotypical greek gods in togas with gold trim, but i think thats just because i know so little about how they actually looked or what their culture was like.

Like, if someone was going to draw them, how should they look?

Comments

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,855
    If I recall correctly there are no true descriptions of them. However one thing said about sky titans is that they pretrify with age, with the largest peaks of their Mountains being the oldest of their kind succumbing to old age.

But remember that this could as well be an ogre myth. Due to their isolation allmost all we know about them could be biased through an ogre perspective and thus be wrong, missinterpreted or heavily exegerrated.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,070
    The Ironblaster is supposed to be a Castle artillery from the Skytitans, so I don't think they are that big as to petrify into mountains
  • saj1987saj1987 Registered Users Posts: 202
    arthadaw said:

The Ironblaster is supposed to be a Castle artillery from the Skytitans, so I don't think they are that big as to petrify into mountains

My headcanon is that it was a hand pistol for them.
    edited March 26
    arthadaw said:

Not an entire mountain, but they become just part of the mountains. It talks about sky titans being mountain tops not the mountains themselves. So imagine a 60m high creature petrifying close to the mountain top and forming a second peak.

Like how you have some boulders or natural stone pillars in our world which local folklore claims to be an echanted giant or human.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • 445Aas445Aas Registered Users Posts: 399
    edited March 26
    arthadaw said:

Unless a lot of them petrify ontop of their mountains, like a graveyard?

They should be larger than normal giants but not to large, as the ironblaster cannon shows.

Maybe like 10-20% larger than giants? You can see some of their ruined castle strutures in the background of some ogre battle maps I believe.

Very minimalistic but strong castle structures, some of them can be seen on the highest mountains of the world map.

Together with the ironblaster cannon, they could provide some insight on how sky titans asthetics are.
    And since the area they live in would count as warhammer fantasy himalaya some inspiration can come from the culture of that region. Otherwise I would think of them as something similar to the warhammer giant in jack and the beanstalk.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,972
    I imagine that if WH giants are basically D&D Hill Giants, the Sky Titans are like D&D Cloud Giants or Storm Giants.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,522

I imagine that if WH giants are basically D&D Hill Giants, the Sky Titans are like D&D Cloud Giants or Storm Giants.

I think that's a good guess. And OP's imagining of Greek gods with tunics etc. is probably not too far off, if any official art ever appears.

Basically giants, just bigger, healthier and less malformed, and with a clearly advanced and refined material culture.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    Like giants, but a lot less inbred.
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,493
    I always imagined they were similar to the big Gargants in AoS

Comparing it to regular Giant
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,972
    edited March 26
    AoS gargants are basically still WH giants. It's just a bigger, nicer model. Like the newer Greater Daemon models.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
    445Aas said:

arthadaw said:

Unless a lot of them petrify ontop of their mountains, like a graveyard?

They should be larger than normal giants but not to large, as the ironblaster cannon shows.

Maybe like 10-20% larger than giants? You can see some of their ruined castle strutures in the background of some ogre battle maps I believe.

Very minimalistic but strong castle structures, some of them can be seen on the highest mountains of the world map.

Together with the ironblaster cannon, they could provide some insight on how sky titans asthetics are.
    And since the area they live in would count as warhammer fantasy himalaya some inspiration can come from the culture of that region. Otherwise I would think of them as something similar to the warhammer giant in jack and the beanstalk.
    Not gonna lie, nepalese or tibetan sky titans would be something very intrueging.
  • saj1987saj1987 Registered Users Posts: 202
    Out of curiosity. Where did the idea of them petryfying with age come from? I listen to a lot of WH lore while playing and this is the first time I hear about it.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 2,176
    DTAPPSNZ said:

Bonegrinders are actually taller than megagargants, so sky titans should be even bigger than both.

#MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
    saj1987 said:

Out of curiosity. Where did the idea of them petryfying with age come from? I listen to a lot of WH lore while playing and this is the first time I hear about it.

Its a belief ogres have. that the top of the mountains of mourn are actually the bodyes of the sky titans. It is in the 8th edition armybook I think.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,493
    edited March 26

DTAPPSNZ said:

Bonegrinders are actually taller than megagargants, so sky titans should be even bigger than both.

I cant imagine them being any bigger than Bonegrinders, How the hell would ogres ever fight that.

Like most legendary creatures their size is probably greatly exaggerated.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,070
    Wait if they petrify with the time and are supposed to have owned what is now the Dark Land

Like the Chaos Dwarfs Sorcerer

Did Hashut used to have the Sky titans as servant ? And then later took the Chaos Dwarfs ?
    arthadaw said:

Wait if they petrify with the time and are supposed to have owned what is now the Dark Land

Like the Chaos Dwarfs Sorcerer

Did Hashut used to have the Sky titans as servant ? And then later took the Chaos Dwarfs ?

That they petrify is an ogre tale, which could be false. But they did not live in the darklands, but in the ancient giant lands. Its a moutnain range northeast of the mountains of mourn, but both are connected. So where one ends and the other begins may be difficult to determine.
    There they lived close to the peaks and only ventured into the lower elevations to care for their mammoth flocks. Otherwise they lived in the highest elevations of the mountains in their fortresses and rarley ventured elsewhere.

So no they are not connected to Hashut or chaos in any way as far as we know.
    DTAPPSNZ said:

DTAPPSNZ said:

I cant imagine them being any bigger than Bonegrinders, How the hell would ogres ever fight that.

Like most legendary creatures their size is probably greatly exaggerated.
    I imagine them being trully huge, like the colossal tian from AoT. Yeah it is hard to imagine fighting something that big but it isnt unheard of in warhammer, krakanrok is a literal mountain, emperor dragons are massive, in the dark lands there is Omdra the dread...

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,584
    Like me.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller