Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So... CA wanted an MMORPG Youtuber to advertise them

Comments

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,453
    Cyresdog said:

Lol thanks for sharing this. The incompetence on CAs part here is absurd. Lets hope the people working on IE is atleast reading responses before sending out messages.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,601
    Cyresdog said:

Ngl, kinda sad how many of you don't see the Issue with the way CA handles NDA's with Content Creators you Guys follow and listen to.
    Might not be Josh Strife Hayes, but LOTW, Milkandcookies, GBOG or whoever.
    All of them blindly signed NDAs without knowing what they are agreeing to.

I don't think you know what a NDA does.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

Ngl, kinda sad how many of you don't see the Issue with the way CA handles NDA's with Content Creators you Guys follow and listen to.

Honestly that´s on them signing in the first place.

Companies are only able to utialize such practices because the youtubers agree to them.
    And youtubers do that because the vast public doesn't know about it, instead of not giving a crap about him openly saying it, you should be happy that there are atleast some Content Creators who call CA out.
    Especially @ArneSo surprises me here, someone who usually advocates that CA is not our Friend, now behaves as if he is happy with the Company.
    Surprised to see he doesn't have a backbone anymore.
    The thing is, I just fail to see how that is my problem. I’m not happy with CA at all, their communication is simply terrible and I’m so sick of their secretive behaviour.

But nobody is forcing Content Creators to agree on that, if they sign the deal it’s their own issue.
    But lets face it, Content Creators live off of Drama, if the Community reacts with "Not a surprise" or simply doesn't care then nothing will change whatsoever.
    Not saying this is the biggest or hottest new thing on the blog, but still.
    Ignoring such things or just not caring about it, is just what allows CA to keep doing this. And Youtubers are pretty much just doing what gets the most attention. If things like this don't get any attention, then it will stay the way it is rn and we will be sitting here 10 years from now repeating the same old stuff.
    CA will only change their attitude when we stop buying their stuff. That’s what 3k showed us. The downside is that if we don’t buy CAs ****, they simply stop the support like they did with 3k.

So there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. We can have bad communication but great content or good communication and no content. We lose either way.

I partly agree with this, but i would say that there is a way to get CA to change stuff.
    The Problem with the Total War games is there closed down Micro-Cosmos of community.
    The Attention the games and surrounding drama/problems get is from the same Content Creators and same users over and over. Never really anyone outside of it like YongYea or anything.
    As long as it just stays within those sworn in circles CA doesn't have to change anything.
    But once it would get a bit of traction from the outside, then i am pretty sure would CA realize that they overstepped some line that they shouldn't have crossed.
    Or maybe its just me being overly optimistic
    You are technically correct but TW is simply to niche. And it was even more niche before WH1.

I have a lot of gamer friends and literally none of them plays TW. I even told one of my best mates who likes Vermintide to get WH1 for free on epic but he just said: “Bro I don’t care about TW.”

So the media outside of the inner TW circle of content creators simply doesn’t care about TW and if they do, it’s so superficial that they only mention the positive things about CA as a Dev and TW as a series. Positive things like long term
    Support, constant patches, great DLCs and FLCs. That’s more than the most Devs do these days.

Because let’s be honest here, compared to Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, Blizzard or other huge gaming companies, CA is an Angel.
    True that, but we shouldn't compare Developers with one another when it comes to "Who is the worst".
    We aren't at a Crossroads where its a "This or that" decision.
    Just because someone else is worse doesn't make them good. Or better, realistically it just makes them less worse.
    Still saddens me to see how the community of this game series reacts to things like this.
    Either with "doesn't care" or when LOTW openly spoke about hoping to be able to change the NDA rules from CA they called him an self-entitled A***ole.
    Its as if the Fans of this Company want to get screwed over. By any means.
    There is nothing we can do about it so why bother? CA might change for a few months but once everything is fine again they fall back into silence mode.

And Tbh Legends recent meltdown was just embarrassing and pure hypocrisy. Legend simply is an entitled and pathetic man-child and so full of himself that he fails to grasp how the real world works. The best for CA and the game itself would be if CA would end their cooperation with him.
    The problem with that is, it wasn't even LOTW who came up with the idea, LOTW supported the idea. The one who came up with it was a smaller youtuber who is just as fed up with CA's behavior towards the Community as most of us are.
    So calling LOTW being entitled because he gives a smaller youtube a bigger platform and attention is not really fair towards him.
    In the end, we would benefit from something like that. Free speech for Content Creators is nothing we should be against, but support by any means.
    To be fair, I think Arne would agree with you if he didn't have a lust for hating on LotW anytime his name is brought up. I'm not exactly sure why but it seems strangely personal.
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    MrDragon said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

Companies are only able to utialize such practices because the youtubers agree to them.
    And youtubers do that because the vast public doesn't know about it, instead of not giving a crap about him openly saying it, you should be happy that there are atleast some Content Creators who call CA out.
    Especially @ArneSo surprises me here, someone who usually advocates that CA is not our Friend, now behaves as if he is happy with the Company.
    The thing is, I just fail to see how that is my problem. I’m not happy with CA at all, their communication is simply terrible and I’m so sick of their secretive behaviour.

But nobody is forcing Content Creators to agree on that, if they sign the deal it’s their own issue.
    But lets face it, Content Creators live off of Drama, if the Community reacts with "Not a surprise" or simply doesn't care then nothing will change whatsoever.
    Ignoring such things or just not caring about it, is just what allows CA to keep doing this. And Youtubers are pretty much just doing what gets the most attention. If things like this don't get any attention, then it will stay the way it is rn and we will be sitting here 10 years from now repeating the same old stuff.
    CA will only change their attitude when we stop buying their stuff. That’s what 3k showed us. The downside is that if we don’t buy CAs ****, they simply stop the support like they did with 3k.

So there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. We can have bad communication but great content or good communication and no content. We lose either way.

I partly agree with this, but i would say that there is a way to get CA to change stuff.
    The Problem with the Total War games is there closed down Micro-Cosmos of community.
    The Attention the games and surrounding drama/problems get is from the same Content Creators and same users over and over. Never really anyone outside of it like YongYea or anything.
    As long as it just stays within those sworn in circles CA doesn't have to change anything.
    But once it would get a bit of traction from the outside, then i am pretty sure would CA realize that they overstepped some line that they shouldn't have crossed.
    You are technically correct but TW is simply to niche. And it was even more niche before WH1.

I have a lot of gamer friends and literally none of them plays TW. I even told one of my best mates who likes Vermintide to get WH1 for free on epic but he just said: “Bro I don’t care about TW.”

So the media outside of the inner TW circle of content creators simply doesn’t care about TW and if they do, it’s so superficial that they only mention the positive things about CA as a Dev and TW as a series. Positive things like long term
    Support, constant patches, great DLCs and FLCs. That’s more than the most Devs do these days.

Because let’s be honest here, compared to Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, Blizzard or other huge gaming companies, CA is an Angel.
    True that, but we shouldn't compare Developers with one another when it comes to "Who is the worst".
    Just because someone else is worse doesn't make them good. Or better, realistically it just makes them less worse.
    Still saddens me to see how the community of this game series reacts to things like this.
    Either with "doesn't care" or when LOTW openly spoke about hoping to be able to change the NDA rules from CA they called him an self-entitled A***ole.
    There is nothing we can do about it so why bother? CA might change for a few months but once everything is fine again they fall back into silence mode.

And Tbh Legends recent meltdown was just embarrassing and pure hypocrisy. Legend simply is an entitled and pathetic man-child and so full of himself that he fails to grasp how the real world works. The best for CA and the game itself would be if CA would end their cooperation with him.
    The problem with that is, it wasn't even LOTW who came up with the idea, LOTW supported the idea. The one who came up with it was a smaller youtuber who is just as fed up with CA's behavior towards the Community as most of us are.
    So calling LOTW being entitled because he gives a smaller youtube a bigger platform and attention is not really fair towards him.
    In the end, we would benefit from something like that. Free speech for Content Creators is nothing we should be against, but support by any means.
    To be fair, I think Arne would agree with you if he didn't have a lust for hating on LotW anytime his name is brought up. I'm not exactly sure why but it seems strangely personal.
    I dislike LOTW content and as a person as much as (apparently) most of us do, but when it comes to that topic, he has my full support.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,668
    Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

I didn’t talk about that union idea. I was talking about his rage quit and angry video where he sounded like a lunatic that should be put into asylum.

The idea of a content creator union is still naive and wouldn’t change anything.

Content creators are like Skaven, they would betray each other to gain Daddy CAs favour. This union would fall apart before it even started. It’s a cute little idea, but simply wouldn’t work.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right,”
    Henry Ford
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    edited April 4
    Cyresdog said:

MrDragon said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

I dislike LOTW content and as a person as much as (apparently) most of us do, but when it comes to that topic, he has my full support.
    Now that is a sentiment I can get behind. LotW's content is hit or miss for me, more often miss, but his stance on CA here makes sense to me. To some extent...
    Cyresdog said:

MrDragon said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

The idea of a content creator union is good and has my full support, but it wouldn’t change anything and fall apart before it even started.

It’s impossible to get all content creators at one table and make them agree on something. Literally impossible. The idea is good but also completely unrealistic.

Like Sotek said, if the Union would decide to boycott CAs products and DLCs he wouldn’t do it. They would never find a consensus and agree on something.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 923
    ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

There is still something we can all do. For example stop defending CA at all costs like someone does, would be a great start.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,963
    What's the big deal. He asked for more info theh gave him more info, its not like they gave him anything that required a NDA signing.
    Mazisky said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

There is still something we can all do. For example stop defending CA at all costs like someone does, would be a great start.
    Who’s defending CA?
    Mazisky said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

exactly, we as the consumer, we can vote with our wallets, but to say our voices aren't heard would be ignorant.
    We might not get heard by CA themself, but by Content Creators, which CA heavily relies upon.
    @ArneSo you say it wouldn't work, but we haven't even tried it yet.
    If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. There is nothing we can lose. Not like CA could talk less to us. Or be less transparent than they already are
    Mazisky said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

Yeah they have a whole brigade defending them as CA is heading straight towards the edge of cliff. Let us hope CA stomps down hard on the brakes before they crash and burn.
    Cyresdog said:

Mazisky said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

exactly, we as the consumer, we can vote with our wallets, but to say our voices aren't heard would be ignorant.
    We might not get heard by CA themself, but by Content Creators, which CA heavily relies upon.
    @ArneSo you say it wouldn't work, but we haven't even tried it yet.
    If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. There is nothing we can lose. Not like CA could talk less to us. Or be less transparent than they already are
    Of course, but people just set themselves up for disappointment if they seriously believe this will change anything about CAs atrocious communication.
    Mazisky said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

Cyresdog said:

Reeks said:

Cyresdog said:

Also if i may be the Offtopic guy in my own thread, thank you for your mods man. They are incredible.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,381
    What's wrong with NDA?
    SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

They dont work unless signed?

SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

Yeah that’s the nature of an NDA Sherlock.
    ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

Guess you better tell CA that then "Sherlock".
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,381

Seems like that's why CA ask people to sign them, no?
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,813
    Cyresdog said:

Who cares? It's their signature, not mine. They're old enough to decide by themselves, or even read what they're agreeing to.
    SerPus said:

Seems like that's why CA ask people to sign them, no?
    But dont bother checking if they signed or not before handing out the info?
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,963

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

They didn't give him any NDA info just told him about what game it is

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

Lol watch the video and pay attention

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

"We can't say what its about or anything related to it unless you signed here without knowing what you are signing for"
    - doesn't sign
    "Okay so its about Warhammer 3 and we want you to play MP games with other content creators"
    Cyresdog said:

ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

What's wrong with NDA?

"We can't say what its about or anything related to it unless you signed here without knowing what you are signing for"
    - doesn't sign
    "Okay so its about Warhammer 3 and we want you to play MP games with other content creators"
    And a few minutes later:

We noticed you didnt sign. You need to sign.

Lol that is some epic incompetence.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,941
    edited April 4
    55JoNNo said:

Man, a Warhammer MMORPG developed by CA with their partnership with GW would just about destroy the last vestiges of my productivity

...why? We had a Warhammer MMO, and it failed. CA has no MMO experience, so there's no reason to think theirs would be better.
    Cyresdog said:

And what should the alternative be?

CA: "Sign this agreeing not to talk about our secret things."
    Youtuber: "What secret things?"
    CA: "This, this and this."
    Youtuber: "Cool. No, I'm not signing that."
    *turns on camera*
    CA: "Hey everyone! It's ya boy Youtuber! Did you know CA is doing this, this and this? Smash that Like button!"

You're not gonna tell someone what your secret info is until after they agree not to share it.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,530
    Cyresdog said:

aMint1 said:

Cyresdog said:

55JoNNo said:

Man, a Warhammer MMORPG developed by CA with their partnership with GW would just about destroy the last vestiges of my productivity

No, i think my title was misleading, they aren't developing an MMORPG (god forbid that CA does that, they struggle to make the same game work properly that they made for 20 years now), they asked him to advertise Warhammer 3.
    With very dodgy practices
    Why is it dodgy?
    "Sign this before we tell you what it is" and just because some CA employee screwed it up he was told what he has to sign
    I think you need to note when people are being overly dramatic for views.

The contract would have been concerned with giving out very specific information about the game that didn't match their marketing timeline. Merely saying 'do you want want to do a public MP game with other players and create a video' isn't exactly sensitive information.

Also, rather than getting all excitable I'm sure he could have had an exchange of messages with the marketing guy who had contacted him to talk about any worries.

These contracts are common and not a real issue, I can't think what's upsetting you so much.

Cyresdog said:

aMint1 said:

Cyresdog said:

55JoNNo said:

No, i think my title was misleading, they aren't developing an MMORPG (god forbid that CA does that, they struggle to make the same game work properly that they made for 20 years now), they asked him to advertise Warhammer 3.
    With very dodgy practices
    Why is it dodgy?
    "Sign this before we tell you what it is" and just because some CA employee screwed it up he was told what he has to sign
    I think you need to note when people are being overly dramatic for views.

The contract would have been concerned with giving out very specific information about the game that didn't match their marketing timeline. Merely saying 'do you want want to do a public MP game with other players and create a video' isn't exactly sensitive information.

Also, rather than getting all excitable I'm sure he could have had an exchange of messages with the marketing guy who had contacted him to talk about any worries.

These contracts are common and not a real issue, I can't think what's upsetting you so much.
    Lol clueless. He needed to sign to even get what game it was about.

This is always the case. If bethesda contacts you about something they wont say it is about Fallout New Vegas 2 until you have signed.

CA simply was so incompetent they handed out the info without getting a signature. Hence the contacr again within minutes. Funny stuff.
  • tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 848
    as someone who has tested games and had to sign ndas its a very common practice to not know what you are testing before hand. they usually say project(insert random letters) often times while testing the "project" you still dont know what the title of the game actually is too. of course ill never test anything unless im getting paid for it lol
    Cyresdog said:

This discussion has been closed.