Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood elf rework idea's

torak8988torak8988 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 60
With the wood elfs still having a armoury/arsenal + barracks/stables system for unit recruitment that none of the newer factions and reworked factions share, I have no doubt that the wood elves will be reworked in the future.

Here are some idea’s from my side:
I hope we can build normal style settlements outside the main wood elf magical forests, as the hard stuck design on major forests is not very fun or creative in building an empire (the thing most people play total war for).

I have some suggestions:
Add a magical forest corruption type
This applies 0.1% attrition to local armies for every point (max 100 point, 10% attrition)
And settlement upgrades are not locked to growth, but instead to magical forest corruption.
Of course in major elf controlled forests its already at 100, meaning that the wood elfs can upgrade their main settlement building chain without problems. But outside that territory they need to increase wood elf corruption before they can build higher tier outposts.
Say a major settlement requires 20/40/60/80/100 corruption to be upgraded to tier 1/2/3/4/5

I’m a big wood elf fan, and I personally love how much effort the devs put into making sure races feel unique, but the wood elves aren’t very fun as it stands, and I’d love to see the world be turned back into its magical forest state.
Perhaps the oak of ages provides faction wide magical forest corruption +1/2/3/4/5 per turn.
I’m very excited to see what the devs choose to do, but expanding factions by making them more complicated has always made me excited, so please go all-out and enable the players to conquer the world and restore the planet!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file