As a Chaos fan the fact of having a fully customizable Daemon Prince is a dream come true. This patch greatly fixed most of the issues the faction had but I still see some room for improvement. I would like to know what do you think of this suggestions and also please add your own, maybe we can give CA some ideas:
First, the most critical ones:
- Post battle choices: I think we all agree with this. After fully dedicating your demon, the post battle options are useless, you don't need more glory for anything. The possibility of gaining money, replenishment, movement range or even leadership as a reward is pretty urgent.
- Ancillaries: also a popular request. Equiping banners and weapons is necessary, so you don't depend on your embedded agents to equip them.
- Plagues: I don't understand why I basically kill my own allies with my plagues. Allies should be immune to them so you can fight together. This also applies to the DoC when controlled by the AI: in my Slaanesh and Tzeentch runs I couldn't reinforce my allied Daniel in his sieges because that would mean surely to be infected and unable to replenish in several turns. And that in enemy territory is very frustrating.
This ones are more personal and subjective, but I think they can enhance the faction experience:
- Animations: I feel that the one handed animations feel dull. The demon only has like two animations, a swing and a little jump. Two handed are way more badass and varied: swing, jumps, AOE, etc. And since in the game the animation is what applies the damage, this is somehwat important. Maybe this is fixed after the Blood Pack or the sync animation fix they talked about in the 1.1 patch notes, but just in case...
- Slaanesh four arms and gift sets: Come on CA, the two final gift sets for Slaanesh are just the same. I am forced to have two arm-claws while the other gods and Undivided let you equip the weapon you want (save Khorne, but since they are two handed they are OK). I wouldn't complain if the one handed animations were actually good, like the two handed, but is not the case neither. Let us have 4 arms in the wing slot, just like you can remove the wings in the Undivided ascension path, to look more like a Keeper of Secrets, or at least let us equip something more, not just claws.
Overall, the faction is near fixed, just a few tweaks. What do you think?