Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How do you want Vermin Lords implemented?

2»

Comments

• ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 614
    edited May 2
    As a Exalted Lord and a Normal SEM, just like Greater Daemons in Warhammer 3
    Normal monsters and Exalted lords is the way to go.

and i think only Grey Seers should get the option to asend into Verminlords. i like to see all the varients but if they are just doing 2 i want the Warbringers for the single entity monster and the Warpseer for exalted.
    Post edited by ToxicFlames on

• SchusselSchussel Registered Users Posts: 886
    I would like to see them as limited T3 unit
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,516

There isn't an "exalted" variant. They're all lord options. Just make their availability for recruitment similar to the Slaan.

There is. Much like the other Exalted GDs it's a Forge World model (On the TT, not in TW):
    That isn't an "exalted" verminlord. That's a Warpgnaw Verminlord but it isn't "greater" than its peers.
    Pretty sure it was called Exalted Verminlord in Monstrous Arcanum (See @SerPus 's post). If I'm not mistaken the Warpgnaw renaming is a AoS thing.
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,516
    Pocman said:

As an exalted lord and a hero.

There was no actual option for this and i choose the most similar one.

I hate having greater demons as random SEMs, and imho, it makes some of them, like the keeper of secrets, literally useless.

I share the sentiment (especially as there are only 2 hero types per faction) but sadly that ship has sailed. Also the Skaven don't really need more hero types.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,211
    I don't want Vermin Lords *jumps out window*
    I do not like Verminlords. I find they dillute and weaken the skaven identity of many, many individually usless rats that have to resort to trickery and self-destructive tendencies to even stand a chance. verminlords go against all that, proving to be very capable individuals that don't have to resort to techonology or underhanded tactics or magic or anything of the sort (even if they still do) to succeed. They are extravagant. large, even beautiful and majestic and it goes against everything the skaven are so if I were to decide i wouldn't want them.

that said, I'd accept the forge world verminlord in any shape as it at least looks properly terrible and filthy and pathetic the way a skaven should. the other variants not so much.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,517

I do not like Verminlords. I find they dillute and weaken the skaven identity of many, many individually usless rats that have to resort to trickery and self-destructive tendencies to even stand a chance. verminlords go against all that, proving to be very capable individuals that don't have to resort to techonology or underhanded tactics or magic or anything of the sort (even if they still do) to succeed. They are extravagant. large, even beautiful and majestic and it goes against everything the skaven are so if I were to decide i wouldn't want them.

that said, I'd accept the forge world verminlord in any shape as it at least looks properly terrible and filthy and pathetic the way a skaven should. the other variants not so much.

I don't think that describes the Skaven at all. Clan Mors is very successful where they operate and uses some hardcore heavy infantry. They also have highly effective machines of war and monsters. What stops them from making huge gains is the fact they fight each other, a Vermin Lord would be like a Skaven Undivided leader who comes under the banner of the Horned Rat. They are terrifying creations within the Warp because of the extremely negative emotions given off by the Skaven, makes perfect sense they are strong in the narrative.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,211
    I don't want Vermin Lords *jumps out window*

I don't think that describes the Skaven at all. Clan Mors is very successful where they operate and uses some hardcore heavy infantry. They also have highly effective machines of war and monsters. What stops them from making huge gains is the fact they fight each other, a Vermin Lord would be like a Skaven Undivided leader who comes under the banner of the Horned Rat. They are terrifying creations within the Warp because of the extremely negative emotions given off by the Skaven, makes perfect sense they are strong in the narrative.
    as i said, I'd be ok with them if they went with the Forge world variant. it's sneaky, disgusting looking and, while powerful, that power still looks like it comes from underhandedness and guile, not sheer power, charisma and intelligence. but I doubt that's the verminlord we'll get and i can not stretch how much i genuinely dislike every other variant of it. clean, majestic, powerful, inspiring. these are not things that skaven should have yet the verminlords have them in spades. Granted this could be a case of the end times skaven aestetic just being a mess (I dislike the stormvermin and end times thanquol for similar reasons) but even in a thematic sense i find the very idea of a "greater demon" skaven to be off-putting even before the results we've seen.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox

as i said, I'd be ok with them if they went with the Forge world variant. it's sneaky, disgusting looking and, while powerful, that power still looks like it comes from underhandedness and guile, not sheer power, charisma and intelligence. but I doubt that's the verminlord we'll get and i can not stretch how much i genuinely dislike every other variant of it. clean, majestic, powerful, inspiring. these are not things that skaven should have yet the verminlords have them in spades. Granted this could be a case of the end times skaven aestetic just being a mess (I dislike the stormvermin and end times thanquol for similar reasons) but even in a thematic sense i find the very idea of a "greater demon" skaven to be off-putting even before the results we've seen.
    Personally I'd rather the Skaven weren't a simple cliche. The idea that since Clan Mors coming into existence they are becoming more intelligent, understanding their nature more and doing some retrospection. The idea that Lord Gnawdwell loses his standard Skaven vocal jittering apart from times of high emotion shows something more complex and a lot more interesting than basic weak cowardly creatures, the sort you'd find in an overly simplified 10 minute Saturday cartoon. The nature of certain clans like Mors and Eshin break down this rather dull narrative.

If the Skaven themselves are capable of this then their 'deities' are the pinnacle.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,724
    The Greater Daemon model works perfectly and Verminlords are basically that. Neither SEM nor Lord version would overlap with existing units/characters that much as well.

Instead of the Lord evolving from existing ones however, maybe they could be an Under-City thing? say you need to build a fairly expensive building in one that increases visibility by a lot for 10-15 turns but at completion is destroyed and adds a Verminlord to the pool. Thus they'd be limited instead of having dozens of them on hand whenever you want.
    They’re simply greater daemons of the horned rat and just like the other daemon factions get SEM greater daemons the rats get something similar.

No need for a drama here.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    I'm glad the correct answer got the most vote.