Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How can you get it so wrong?

2»

Comments

  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,136
    ERU69er said:

    cjmstate said:

    The only thing worth complaining about is how long it is taking to get Immortal Empires.

    This is more about the future of WTW:3
    As reviews are clearly stating, the game is boring. How can they get it so wrong?
    IM will certainly make or break this game


    14,002 players in the last 24-hour peak. (From a peak of 166,754) Just after the launch!
    Does this not send alarm bells anyone's way?

    14,784 (or 40%) negative reviews on Steam.

    No because it is a single player game almost 2 months old. It was always going to drop without any new content. It doesnt even have proper modding tools yet.

    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    The game will get "there" eventualy but the how could they get it so wrong question is legitimate, especially with years of previous iteration.

    You ask what annoys me the most. The Tzeentch realm, by a mile. Hate it.

    But no this game won't "go the way of Three Kingdoms". They will work on it for ages and it will get better. 1.1 was a decent step. I have no doubt they will stand by the game and work for its improvement.

    I think that covers everything.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

    The game will get "there" eventualy but the how could they get it so wrong question is legitimate, especially with years of previous iteration.

    You ask what annoys me the most. The Tzeentch realm, by a mile. Hate it.

    But no this game won't "go the way of Three Kingdoms". They will work on it for ages and it will get better. 1.1 was a decent step. I have no doubt they will stand by the game and work for its improvement.

    I think that covers everything.

    I have said it in many other threads and I will say it again. Even with its MASSIVE issues, CA cannot drop WH3 as much as other people like to say it for one obvious reason: Sega decided to turn Warhammer into a big $ project as they said in their presentation for the investors and on top of that they have no other major game. Even if a historical game were to pop-up this year, there is no guarantees that they will be able to milk it or that it would be successful. Let's face it, overall CA lost their touch with historical games, so if I were a betting man, I would bet on them failing their attempt for another historical.

    To put it nicely, CA has a gun to their head telling them to keep working on Warhammer and fixing it as well as finally listening to the players, because they can't make a proper cash cow if players are rioting overall for what they are seeing.

    I see a lot of CA defenders for instance pulling the usual ''the moment DLC drops, you will be back''. I would not bet on this neither because if DLC dropped right now tied to the campaign, it would still suffer from the same issues the other factions would face. Some people like me are also tilted of the state WH3 is in, therefore pre-orders for DLC or buying day 1 are gone.
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 844
    Cyresdog said:

    And how many Vortex Campaigns have you completed...?

    Vortex is far better than Realm of Chaos though.


    I've finished exactly 1 vortex campaign ever. Never needed to play it again.
    The general consens is that RoC is by a long mile the worst campaign we ever had in any total war game.
    Vortex was already disliked by many players, and for whatever reason CA thougt it means that we love it and it got disliked by the details, instead of "hey the total war Community dislikes narrative campaigns in our games and dig the sandbox experience".
    But nope CA doubled down on something we already made clear that we disliked 5 years ago.
    It's just CAs usual market Research.
    You gotta love this forum thinking that its clearly indicative of the entire player base. CA has all the market research, they know what will sell, they know what people played. It's pretty obvious that the hardcore fans that actually go on forums will like playing the big sandbox ME. but the majority of fans are not here or on reddit they just play a few campaigns among other games, they don't care about streamers, or painting the map and they just want to have fun. I'd guess for many a minor story based campaign on normal difficulty makes sense.

    Playing two or three campaigns at 5-15 hours each is easily your money's worth.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    edited April 13
    Are people still banging on about pointless player-count figures....?

    The only figure that matters is the amount of DLC sales. That's what killed 3k; not the player count on a Wednesday Afternoon....

    If the Chaos Dwarf DLC sells badly; then we can argue over figures. But I'm extremely confident it won't.
  • ERU69erERU69er Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 24
    Why / how would further DLC save this? TW:3 is the gaming equivalent of Game of Thrones season 8. Everyone is telling me the game is fantastic, just needs to work on communication, graphics, map, characters, economy, how the units aim, realistic unit movement, anti aliasing, the ai, diplomacy, rational decision-making by ai, the HUD, the tutorial, time to load, synchronization, the launcher, understandability and getting a new developer team. And did I mention it's very affordable? The content we actually got is utterly dull, repetitive and already needed a big fix patch for many problems. In fact, the problems are so big, CA has had to postponed further content so solutions can be made on the foundation. Solutions that arn't working... How did they manage to get it so wrong from the outset?
  • cjmstatecjmstate Registered Users Posts: 106
    ERU69er said:

    Why / how would further DLC save this? TW:3 is the gaming equivalent of Game of Thrones season 8. Everyone is telling me the game is fantastic, just needs to work on communication, graphics, map, characters, economy, how the units aim, realistic unit movement, anti aliasing, the ai, diplomacy, rational decision-making by ai, the HUD, the tutorial, time to load, synchronization, the launcher, understandability and getting a new developer team. And did I mention it's very affordable? The content we actually got is utterly dull, repetitive and already needed a big fix patch for many problems. In fact, the problems are so big, CA has had to postponed further content so solutions can be made on the foundation. Solutions that arn't working... How did they manage to get it so wrong from the outset?

    This post is so full of hyperbole it’s hard to take seriously.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    ERU69er said:

    Why / how would further DLC save this? TW:3 is the gaming equivalent of Game of Thrones season 8. Everyone is telling me the game is fantastic, just needs to work on communication, graphics, map, characters, economy, how the units aim, realistic unit movement, anti aliasing, the ai, diplomacy, rational decision-making by ai, the HUD, the tutorial, time to load, synchronization, the launcher, understandability and getting a new developer team. And did I mention it's very affordable? The content we actually got is utterly dull, repetitive and already needed a big fix patch for many problems. In fact, the problems are so big, CA has had to postponed further content so solutions can be made on the foundation. Solutions that arn't working... How did they manage to get it so wrong from the outset?

    What exactly do you want us to say? it's very clear your mind is set-in-stone about this. Im not sure anything CA could do at this point would change your mind. I highly recommend you move onto something else - a different game or series; as i really don't see what value this community can offer you (or you offer it).
  • ERU69erERU69er Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 24
    edited April 13
    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?
  • ERU69erERU69er Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 24
    edited April 13
    cjmstate said:

    This post is so full of hyperbole it’s hard to take seriously.

    Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. What part is doing any of this exactly?
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,466
    ERU69er said:

    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?

    so you whining without any substance/context can help exactly how?
  • TotalWar78TotalWar78 Registered Users Posts: 620
    It will be fine, relax people
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    edited April 13
    talonn said:

    ERU69er said:

    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?

    so you whining without any substance/context can help exactly how?
    If OP doesn't tell CA exactly what's wrong 2 months after the release; how can they possibly know what to fix? It's not as if 1000's of other people have already had this discussion across 100's of threads already? This thread will be the primary point of feedback for all future CA patches.

    Until exactly 9:27AM today - CA had no idea that anyone had any issues with their game.
  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 177
    ERU69er said:

    Are CA employees the only majority posters left on these forums? Go look at the general consensus on Discord, Steam, YouTube, etc. This is a complete flop...

    The thing that really worries me if how ruthless CA can and will be if this continues to flop. It's not going to be fixed, CA will just drop it and move on to the next cash cow. This will happen within the year if the player base drops below 10,000k - which is currently looking VERY likely.

    Who cares, it's their own fault that it's flopping to begin with. They not gonna have anymore cash cows because no one trusts them anymore. They don't have a choice but to fix this game, otherwise it could very well sink the entire company. As it is now the future of their company is tied to Immortal empires
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    ERU69er said:

    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?

    Whats done is done and what now matters is how we respond to it. Them and us.

    I've made plans regarding what I expect before I buy any DLC.

    CA have put out a pretty good 1.1 patch which fixed quite a lot and are probably working on more .

    What are you getting on with ERU69er?
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,448
    edited April 13
    mm3791 said:

    ERU69er said:

    Are CA employees the only majority posters left on these forums? Go look at the general consensus on Discord, Steam, YouTube, etc. This is a complete flop...

    The thing that really worries me if how ruthless CA can and will be if this continues to flop. It's not going to be fixed, CA will just drop it and move on to the next cash cow. This will happen within the year if the player base drops below 10,000k - which is currently looking VERY likely.

    Who cares, it's their own fault that it's flopping to begin with. They not gonna have anymore cash cows because no one trusts them anymore. They don't have a choice but to fix this game, otherwise it could very well sink the entire company. As it is now the future of their company is tied to Immortal empires
    Oh come on... CA will have another total war game out by 2023. And total war isn't even their only game series. Besides it sold brilliantly even with the reviews. CA aren't sinking if the DLC doesn't sell quite as well as they hope :D
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

    Cyresdog said:

    And how many Vortex Campaigns have you completed...?

    Vortex is far better than Realm of Chaos though.


    I've finished exactly 1 vortex campaign ever. Never needed to play it again.
    The general consens is that RoC is by a long mile the worst campaign we ever had in any total war game.
    Vortex was already disliked by many players, and for whatever reason CA thougt it means that we love it and it got disliked by the details, instead of "hey the total war Community dislikes narrative campaigns in our games and dig the sandbox experience".
    But nope CA doubled down on something we already made clear that we disliked 5 years ago.
    It's just CAs usual market Research.
    You gotta love this forum thinking that its clearly indicative of the entire player base. CA has all the market research, they know what will sell, they know what people played. It's pretty obvious that the hardcore fans that actually go on forums will like playing the big sandbox ME. but the majority of fans are not here or on reddit they just play a few campaigns among other games, they don't care about streamers, or painting the map and they just want to have fun. I'd guess for many a minor story based campaign on normal difficulty makes sense.

    Playing two or three campaigns at 5-15 hours each is easily your money's worth.
    I love how you portray CA as those omniscient beings while the negative reaction they are getting is forcing them to push back content. Oh yes, they have marketing research, they know what will sell, what people like what is not liked...oh wait they had to push back content because people didn't liked what they came out with. The number of people playing Warhammer 3 drop is MUCH higher than it was for Warhammer 1/2.

    You claim that the casual fanbase just wants to ''have fun''. If the hardcore majority is annoyed with the atrocious campaign and the frustrating mechanics, what do you think the casual base will be? Happy?

    if the casual base was so happy as you claim then they would not have pushed back the roadmap.
  • DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 790
    ERU69er said:

    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?

    Wait, when did 40% of reviews on Steam constitute the community?

    You'll get no contest from me on their needing to fix a whole lot of things in the game. But the foundation is there, and it absolutely is not an abject failure. I hate how studios operate in the modern age as much as the next person. I don't like titles being released underdone and needing significant work to be in a release-worthy state. And I don't like drip fed content. And I sure as hell don't like total radio silence or worse corporate PR speak.

    But I know that, while I hate that it will cost me even more money and take an extended period of time, the game will get better. As such, I am much more concerned about the culture that has enabled (and even encouraged) this increasingly common phenomenon than I am about this specific game. I know Warhammer 3 will ultimately be the game I dreamt it would be... for a price and in its own time. That sucks, but it is just how the world operates now. Longer waits, poorer communication, greater cost. The 21st Century: It's a Big Club... and you ain't in it.
    The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,320
    edited April 13
    ERU69er said:

    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?

    So 60% of players think it's a good game.

    40% of players think anything that distracts them from their slow paced sandbox with no pressure is a bad thing.

    Immortal Empires will come out and they'll realize it's a good game.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,617
    Nitros14 said:

    ERU69er said:

    40% negative reviews on Steam - does this NOT concern you? A little bit? The community is stating it's a broken game.
    I just don't understand how they got it so wrong?

    So 60% of players think it's a good game.

    40% of players think anything that distracts them from their slow paced sandbox with no pressure is a bad thing.

    Immortal Empires will come out and they'll realize it's a good game.
    IE comes and immediately solves everything.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

    "I like small words" - Winsy C

    Forum Terms & Conditions

    I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,709
    If you don’t like the base game, wait for IE.

    Simple.


    Or you can tell everyone you see the sky is falling.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,336
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

  • ERU69erERU69er Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 24
    Well, I don't want to say "I told you so....." but.....
Sign In or Register to comment.