Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Todays REAL news

13»

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,468

I don't see anything about admitting and communicating mistakes.

You should probably read the statement then.

Do you want them to go all "Sowwy Senpai!"? That'd be lulzy actually.
    Feel free to quote the exact part of the statement, where the mistake is explicitly admitted and communicated.
    The fact that they're talking about addressing concerns. It's extremely obvious they're acknowledging an issue.

This of course is not good enough for me. I now demand they go all "Sowwy Senpai!" For us.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,649
    damage control...damage control everywhere
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909

Maybe they will do some actual damage control after their lunch and tea breaks end. If they ever actually end.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Mini_Banana#2862Mini_Banana#2862 Registered Users Posts: 339
    Very confusing. As stated before clearly there was some vestige of a plan to declare a roadmap right away, but I'm struggling to gauge the dramatic lengths of time since then. Even if it was lukewarm launch, they've already patched up some of the biggest issues. And they have a DLC formula from the past 5 years anyway.

Probably some meddling management. I don't think CA Evangelos is literally responsible for taking too long on the roadmap, its just obvious they don't want to publish anything.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,832
    Sadly I've heard this "we need to improve too many times". The last game in the trilogy has already released. We just need a roadmap of sorts and the combined map, blood pack. Of course the road map will have stuff which is subject to change.
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,558

I don't see anything about admitting and communicating mistakes.

You should probably read the statement then.

Do you want them to go all "Sowwy Senpai!"? That'd be lulzy actually.
    Feel free to quote the exact part of the statement, where the mistake is explicitly admitted and communicated.
    The fact that they're talking about addressing concerns. It's extremely obvious they're acknowledging an issue.

This of course is not good enough for me. I now demand they go all "Sowwy Senpai!" For us.
    So they don't, you just interpreted it their comment in a way you seemed fit. Alright, I accept your surrender.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,397
    Rheingold said:

Sorry this is bull. CA have to have an internal deadline for IE. They have to. Any business from a freelancer to a large business has deadlines... CA are acting like they are the only ones who have ever had a deadline in the human race...
    They MUST know when they are planning to release IE at this stage. So add a few weeks on to be safe and let us know. Its not complicated.

That's the thing, they don't need to be specific. They could say "Blood-April, IE-May/June, CP-August, LP-December" (though I hope we don't have to wait that long), they can post a really vague roadmap with a picture hint or something on it. Also they can stick a "subject to change" disclaimer on - as anyone with a brain knows it is anyway.

That is all they need to do, just tell us vaguely what is happening and approximately when they hope to release it, maybe with an accompanying FLC roadmap that doesn't need timelines as it is accompanying content.
    Goatforce said:

Rheingold said:

Sorry this is bull. CA have to have an internal deadline for IE. They have to. Any business from a freelancer to a large business has deadlines... CA are acting like they are the only ones who have ever had a deadline in the human race...
    They MUST know when they are planning to release IE at this stage. So add a few weeks on to be safe and let us know. Its not complicated.

That's the thing, they don't need to be specific. They could say "Blood-April, IE-May/June, CP-August, LP-December" (though I hope we don't have to wait that long), they can post a really vague roadmap with a picture hint or something on it. Also they can stick a "subject to change" disclaimer on - as anyone with a brain knows it is anyway.

That is all they need to do, just tell us vaguely what is happening and approximately when they hope to release it, maybe with an accompanying FLC roadmap that doesn't need timelines as it is accompanying content.
    They simply don't want to.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• kaiki_utokyo#9006kaiki_utokyo#9006 Registered Users Posts: 442
    I am starting to wondering if CA holds some stocks of Discord.
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,883

Cyresdog said:

Thats something i can appreciate. Admitting to mistakes and communicating them. Kudos to whoever was in charge of that, right choice.

Isn't this like the 6th time they regurgitated this shpiel?
    And rarely on this forum though.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    Bies said:

Happy to hear that but. . . it's just a roadmap. A picture. It shouldn’t take months.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 1,231
    Ludbone said:

Bies said:

Happy to hear that but. . . it's just a roadmap. A picture. It shouldn’t take months.
    The problem will be getting dates that are vaguely accurate. Not creating a jpg.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909
    Ludbone said:

Bies said:

Give CA some slack, they are a small indie company and it has taken them these months to scrounge together the money to commission an artist to make it for him. If the artist is here in the USA the incompetent government and its runaway inflation is probably further increasing the amount of money CA's small, ill funded, company has to scrounge from the sofa cushions to pay for the increase in cost of said commission.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,522
    aMint1 said:

Ludbone said:

Bies said:

The problem will be getting dates that are vaguely accurate. Not creating a jpg.
    The thing is I don’t think we get exact dates. More something like a month or "in summer".
    Sigmar protect us all...

• Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,184

They do not need damage control when they have many users here doing it for free for them.

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,246
    aMint1 said:

Ludbone said:

Bies said:

Honestly I dont even need dates, other than for IE, which should have been available weeks ago.
    Kneel

• LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    edited April 18

Reminder, this guy needs to release the roadmap THIS week. He's procrastinated for weeks on what amounts to a powerpoint slide or two worth of work.

Reminder, this guy needs to release the roadmap THIS week. He's procrastinated for weeks on what amounts to a powerpoint slide or two worth of work.

Please tell me more about your source for the insider information that qualifies you to make that statement.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Please tell me more about your source for the insider information that qualifies you to make that statement.
    I've created many pitch decks and product implementation plans that not only include road maps and milestones, but also data models, budget allocations, tracking of accountabilities, etc. It doesn't take that long unless you have serious organizational issues.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,377

It doesn't take that long unless you have serious organizational issues.

Okay but...what if you have serious organizational issues.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,206
    So they're actually calling it Immortal Empires, then?
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375

A lot of indicators that this is the case

It honestly still doesn't take that long, you would need to have a manager that completely forgot you exist. Never spoke to you, did any 1-on-1's, not even a coffee chat. You'd literally would have to be a new intern, and the manager happened to be too busy to assign you any tasks.
    edited April 18

I've created many pitch decks and product implementation plans that not only include road maps and milestones, but also data models, budget allocations, tracking of accountabilities, etc. It doesn't take that long unless you have serious organizational issues.
    So you don't have the insider knowledge required. Bummer.

Seemingly what you've missed in your rush to make a personal comment against this person is that the roadmap isn't out because CA doesn't want it to be. The chance that it's an individual's failings are effectively zero.

Forum Terms & Conditions

So you don't have the insider knowledge required. Bummer.

Seemingly what you've missed in your rush to make a personal comment against this person is that the roadmap isn't out because CA doesn't want it to be. The chance that it's an individual's failings are effectively zero.
    Regardless of what anyone says, the quality and timeliness of your work will always reflect on your person.

Missing a deadline by weeks on such a small task without further notification or explanation on the delay is not the norm in any industry.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,596
    Thread closed folks. It's gone completely off topic.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.