Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mouse not moving camera/screen properly - Game breaking

ginandjuice1ginandjuice1 Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm having an issue where the mouse isn't moving the camera screen correctly. The best way I can describe it is that it's sticky or jittery. Like, when I move the mouse to the edge of the screen to scroll around either the battle or campaign map it stops and I've got to jerk the mouse around so it starts moving again.

Changing the resolution or toggling window mode makes no difference. Unfortunately, this makes the game pretty much unplayable as it is immensely frustrating.

Before anyone asks, no it's not my mouse as it works fine on other games (including TWWH2).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• xmatt9736xmatt9736 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Im having the same issue. When I try to move the battle camera with the mouse on the edge of the screen its extremely stuttery and slow to the point I have to continuously ram my mouse against the edge of the screen to rotate the camera.

It does make the battles pretty unplayable unfortunately. This is a new issue for me... possibly related to patch 1.1. It didn't use to happen.
  • ginandjuice1ginandjuice1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Is there a fix for this? I literally just bought a new laptop so I could play this game..
  • KraneKrane Registered Users Posts: 3
    I am also having this issue makes the game unplayable for me
  • afmotamediafmotamedi Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    Same issue. Posted about it a few threads down.

• Cegorach93Cegorach93 Registered Users Posts: 5
    It seems to me that a lot of people are having this issue and that's a good thing for us.
    I really hope they will fix this soon because right now this flaw really makes it unplayable.
    Has new info on resolving this issue?
  • bradhunter#7134bradhunter#7134 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    I have the same issues. This started with 1.1 - it was fine before then. I suspect this has something to do with the borked full-screen mode. We need a hotfix for this - I don't want to have to wait to play the game until July or August with the release of 1.3 or 2.0.
    Still no fix for this?
  • bradhunter#7134bradhunter#7134 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    Patch 1.3, and this is still not fixed. This is truly unacceptable. I paid for a product that does not work properly, or as advertised. This issue didn't exist prior to Patch 1.1. It was somehow introduced, and is an unforced error. Now I know why there has been absolute cricket-silence in all of the threads complaining about this issue, both here and on Steam.
  • VittoriuxKroenenVittoriuxKroenen Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi, it's the same here. I installed Warhammer III after a couple of months, due to having to reformat everything for other reasons. Previously I never had problems with the game but now when I install it after a while and now it has that problem with the mouse. That didn't happen before. It doesn't happen with any other total war, or different game. Meanwhile, I am using the keyboard to move the camera, but I would like to know if it will be fixed in the next update.
  • Il_diplomaticoIl_diplomatico Registered Users Posts: 4
    I have the same problem.

I played a full hd omen on my old laptop until yesterday, and everything was ok.

From today I have a super pc and I play in 4k all on ultra and I have encountered the same problem as yours.

I tried to change mouse, ui scale, resolution and window mode in every possible combination.

I've been reading every forum or site for hours to figure out how to fix it and I can't.

it's incredible! I spent a lot of money to find this hateful thing.
    It is the first time that I complain about warhammer total war, I have always understood the complexity of developing a game like this, but it is absurd to have spent 4500 euros for a pc and not be able to play.

I'm thinking about playing games on my old laptop, it works them ...

C.A please let us know that you are aware of the problem and what it depends on.
  • Il_diplomaticoIl_diplomatico Registered Users Posts: 4
    After more hours of trying I solved it.
    You don't have to change the game UI, but the PC UI. 100% and you can play it quietly.
    edited August 2022
    Thanks Diplomatico ! by changing the dpi settings it worked. I went to the WH3 application file -C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER III. Then Right Click on the wh3 application Icon.
    Went to compatibility - Then Change high DPI settings - Then to High DPI scaling over ride ticking the box - then selecting application. This worked for me.My Windows display setting is 125% looks like the cause.Now i can actually play the game !
  • Aventus_Maximus#2840Aventus_Maximus#2840 Registered Users Posts: 472

After more hours of trying I solved it.
    You don't have to change the game UI, but the PC UI. 100% and you can play it quietly.

Krane said:

Thanks Diplomatico ! by changing the dpi settings it worked. I went to the WH3 application file -C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER III. Then Right Click on the wh3 application Icon.
    Went to compatibility - Then Change high DPI settings - Then to High DPI scaling over ride ticking the box - then selecting application. This worked for me.My Windows display setting is 125% looks like the cause.Now i can actually play the game !

Thank you both.

I did not understand what happened. The game worked quite well for a couple of weeks and then suddenly out of nowhere the mouse scrolling event happened.

Switching back to my old 1080p screen did resolve the problem. And now i completely understand what happenened.

Shame on you CA. Scaring customers in such a way <<angry face>> ;-)

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file