Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 2 UI found in Warhammer 3

NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 3,520

Found on reddit by u/CantProphecy by having Co-op partner take control of Skaven Reinforcements.

If its in the game let us have the option please. Hoping for this to be a QoL update, maybe even chose between your preferred color or this.

Comments

• NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 3,520
    edited April 2022
    Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/u4sxui/coop_partner_took_control_of_a_skaven_army_i/

Did some more digging and saw it was found in the files like a month ago.

If this is old news to the forum feel free to Delete this mods
  • Steph#6413Steph#6413 Registered Users Posts: 3,742
    CA seldom remove stuff from their game. All the UI for Warhammer 2 and 1 are still there.

Like in Napoleon Total War, all the voice lines for Persia, India or Native American from ETW were still included.

They did clean a little with Warhammer 3. They removed the "auxiliarry" tables, left over from Rome 2...

• Ariel#4992Ariel#4992 Registered Users Posts: 2,505
    Did anyone really think that they removed the previous UIs? It's done the same way as in TWW2 where TWW2 races got this ugly blue one and the beautiful golden one from game one was still there for races from TWW1. I expect the same in game three.

If you play as any race from TWW1 - the golden UI
    If you play as any race from TWW2 - the blue/grey UI
    If you play as any race from TWW3 - the red UI

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    edited April 2022
    There is a leaked blue UI too (for Kislev most likely), in the files - I would really like if WH2 UI is back for WH2 races - and it makes sense.
    But I want some work on WH3 UI too - it's just really bad !
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Stephince#6150Stephince#6150 Registered Users Posts: 3,398
    Is a UI selection option something that is moddable?
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,285
    Stephince said:

The ui is totally moddable and there will be pelnty of mods that totally change or improve it
  • grimgor_ironsidegrimgor_ironside Registered Users Posts: 151
    yeah someone already made a video about this, how some unneccessary code from previous games is carried over to new games and it might be the reason performance has always been a problem, because CA cant bother to clean it up. remember the post they made with the picture showing criss cross lines explaining how difficult it is to fix the coding because of how messy it is, well this might be one of the reasons. very lazy, honestly.
    "Make haste slowly" Augustus Caesar
    Stephince said:

A dynamic selection would be a lot of work.
    But different mods with different UI, and you pick the one you want is easy, even if possibly time consuming.
  • #62422#62422 Registered Users Posts: 366

yeah someone already made a video about this, how some unneccessary code from previous games is carried over to new games and it might be the reason performance has always been a problem, because CA cant bother to clean it up. remember the post they made with the picture showing criss cross lines explaining how difficult it is to fix the coding because of how messy it is, well this might be one of the reasons. very lazy, honestly.

Hmmmm I wonder why the game is such a buggy unstable mess.

Seriously how little pride in your work can you have to just do the laziest thing possible and keep 20 year old code in your game files even when it is making your life 10x harder.

Were they all children who instead of cleaning their rooms just shoved all the crap under the bed instead?

And these **** got bonuses when 3 dropped. Wow. Just wow.

• T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 700

Seriously how little pride in your work can you have to just do the laziest thing possible and keep 20 year old code in your game files even when it is making your life 10x harder.

Were they all children who instead of cleaning their rooms just shoved all the crap under the bed instead?

Because it's a lot more complex than that. Total War has been built up on tons of spaghetti code for decades, and CA formally addressed how bad this was back in 2017 when they said why it would take up to 9 months just to fix Mortal Empires for wH2.

Because it's a lot more complex than that. Total War has been built up on tons of spaghetti code for decades, and CA formally addressed how bad this was back in 2017 when they said why it would take up to 9 months just to fix Mortal Empires for wH2.
    So what if it is complicated, these are supposed to be professional game developers not modders. This is also no ones fault but their own and basically it's punishing them and us because of their laziness and incompetence.

This is a multi million pound corporation not one guy running a whole indie studio. There is no excuse for this and to come out to paying customers and say "Coding hard, look at all our spaghetti code" is a damn joke. They should be ashamed and embarrassed that their main money making games code looks worse than a pile of dog sick.

Pay some dudes for a week to sort it out and get the **** over it.
  • TyphoonNewt#4540TyphoonNewt#4540 Registered Users Posts: 350

They did clean a little with Warhammer 3. They removed the "auxiliarry" tables, left over from Rome 2...

I think thats because they used the auxiliary unit mechanic for nurgle and their changing things

I think thats because they used the auxiliary unit mechanic for nurgle and their changing things

No, the table is completly removed, as well as the resource for unit requirement... Meaning I have to completly redesign my regional recruitment mod which was baded on that :(.

• LegendaryArticuno#9965LegendaryArticuno#9965 Registered Users Posts: 540
    Whoever designed the WH3 UI clearly needs to go back to school, maybe even pick up a book on colour theory.

Whoever designed the WH3 UI clearly needs to go back to school, maybe even pick up a book on colour theory.

It breaks so many rules of colour theory and design that it should have never been allowed to be released. They let the intern do it or their child or something but either way its awful, like fireable awful.
  • steam_165145348280herZfgOsteam_165145348280herZfgO Registered Users Posts: 1

but either way its awful, like fireable awful.
    I love that last sentence! I thought I was the only one who disliked the UI color scheme.

I'm so glad I didn't purchase WH3, and I was looking for the limited/collectors edition, but only to keep it unopened, so I guess it wouldn't have mattered.

Yeah, UI and game code need serious redesign and management.