Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I blame the apologists on here and reddit for the state of Warhammer III

Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 2,796
edited April 17 in General Discussion
Months prior to the release of Warhammer III it was impossible to make a comment criticisims (and i mean constructive critism) over here or on reddit.

CA never really pays attention to the critics, but back in the past (during the Rome II mess or the Fail of Britannia) posts that criticized those games both here and reddit got the attention they needed.

CA still took a long time to fix the games (Rome II is on a playable state finally, and everybody can pretend Thrones of Britannia doesn't exist)

I think i got a bad feeling about this the moment they completely ignored the 3 Kingdoms fanbase and announced the game was completed, when basically 1 or 2 months earlier they were talking about expansion.

I realized, they may do this again for other games. Never expected they would do it to their main cash cow Warhammer III.

I made several posts both here and reddit, that if Mortal Empires was not released on Day 1, a lot of interest would've been lost as time passes by. And so far that has been proven right.

But i was called a hater stuck in the old days, if this was during the days of Grace_CA as the community manager, i would've even been called racist for my lack of interest on Cathay. Luckily that was no the case, and was just ignored and downvoted. Basically my concerns were irrelevant and the apologists ensured CA won't receive negative feedback.

But in the end i was right. The Realm of Chaos Campaign is just as bad, or even worse than the Vortex Campaign. There is no variety despite multiple races fighting for the same objective, and even the Ending Cutscene clearly tells you what is what we all truly want. The Immortal Empires Campaign.

The bugs just make this even worse and the changes to the UI are terrible, they do not take into consideration the color palette, in fact it makes the game harder to navigate. Warhammer II"s UI was perfect, all it needed was extra features and customization. Nothing should've changed in this respect.

Had the apologist let people complain and not disregard the concerns, the game would've been on a much better state.

I am still one of the belief that CA should've taken more time on the release of Warhammer III. Scrapping the Realm of Chaos Campaign and rather focus on making Immortal Empires the Main Campaign for Warhammer III would've still kept the interest on the game.

Sure the bugs would remain, but i would still be able to play the Empire without many issues, since the bugs are mostly related to New Race mechanics.

The complains would've also been much more moderated too. Sure the game is buggy, but we're able to play everything from the 3 games right from the get go.

This should've been CA's approach. Now they have to deal with the mess. They get what they deserve. I aint buying this game until Immortal Empires is released.

TL,DR - CA should've scrapped the Realm of Chaos Campaign and make Immortal Empires the Main Campaign for the game. Its what the majority plays. We prefer the sandbox experience of classic Total War games rather than this time-based objective garbage you gave us. We already hated it on the Vortex, but its now even worse in the Realm of Chaos Campaign.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 1,437
    Good Echochamber

• HadrurusHadrurus Registered Users Posts: 38
    Got to love a good trash post.
  • DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 853
    Jesus these posts are getting old. I would really like to see this cabal of super powerful apologists that keeps being brought up. They sure as hell aren't here. Most people here have been really upset with CA. Check out their most recent pinned post. They ain't on reddit either. Post after post condemning CA. And God knows they aren't on Steam. Those people are rabidly opposed to CA right now, and I don't know that they have ever been friendly toward CA.

The review label for this game on steam now is mixed. People were furious over the handling of ToB and 3K. Their most recent youtube upload has a horrible like/dislike ratio. People are going after them so vocally on discord that one of the CMs asked for people to be booted. The "What's Warhammer III?" post is the most disagreed post by CA ever on these forums. Grace was routinely criticized. Simone's academic credentials continue to be a joke among the community. People were criticizing CA before and only continue to do so more vocally now.

But yeah, apologists are totally covering for CA with all this.

The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,759
    If people didn't disagree with you back then, it would all have turned out the same. Remember how much unity there was around something as simple as changing the tzeentch knights? They didn't do squat. They would never have scrapped the RoC campaign, or a vortex style campaign.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,281
    Well I made some criticism in the WH3 marketing cycle, never felt it was shut down at all, and also there were many times when criticism was the norm - eg the Tzeentch warrior stuff.

So this really doesn't ring true to me at all, as it was mostly the insane negative stuff that was getting really shut down by the community here.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,242
    I blame my neighbour's dog.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,342
    edited April 17
    I couldn’t stand how often “work in progress, Storm in a teacup” was parroted and then lo and behold the cause of our worries weren’t due to any work in progress, they were just corners cut and poor designs worked into the finished product.

I’ve got 100 hours in TWW3 because it’s Warhammer and I love it, but this game isn’t where it could and should be.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,695
    My eye is still on CA giving Tzeentch Chaos Warriors a proper unique design. Stone Trolls and Necrarchs too.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 1,086
    edited April 17
    This huge wave of negativity around the Warhammer 3 launch made ragequit from the community a good number of
    CA fanboys, which is a very positive result in the first place.

Unfortunately many of them still taint the franchise and try their best to oppose any criticism or improvement for the game ("do not fix bugs CA! game is perfect! Don't listen to evil whiners") but their power is really weak compared to just a few years ago.

Also I've seen a lot of them converting after they realized they got no benefits in years of fanboysm, and started to criticize aswell.

I am very happy about it, the franchise and the Total War games will only benefit from this.
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    What is an "apologist".

I hated the game on launch but my opinion of it has improved since 1.1

Where do I fit into your cosmic scheme?
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,909
    "If you just complained more, everything would be magically fixed and all the DLC would be out already!"
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,738
    Yeah alot of people defended (some still do) CA no matter what terrible trash we saw.

But for every passing day more and more have seen wh3 as boring etc. And now we can make it great.

Better late than never.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

What is an "apologist".

I hated the game on launch but my opinion of it has improved since 1.1

Where do I fit into your cosmic scheme?

Apologist is someone who will always make excuses for something. But it is often, like can be observed here, used by some as an ad hominem in order to attack people who are less negative than them, for being less negative than them, and quite suprisingly to blame a few people on forums for the game being in poor shape at launch.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,293
    Yawn, what non-sense. The fact that you think CA is going to alter their timeframes and content over a few dozen posters on the forums whether those posts be positive or negative shows such a level of delusion it bogles the mind. The content is intended for millions of people, not just you. You don't speak for a majority players, and to be honest no one does that regularly post on this forum.

Yawn, what non-sense. The fact that you think CA is going to alter their timeframes and content over a few dozen posters on the forums whether those posts be positive or negative shows such a level of delusion it bogles the mind. The content is intended for millions of people, not just you. You don't speak for a majority players, and to be honest no one does that regularly post on this forum.

This I absolutely believe. If we wanted to be involved in mass opinion it’s Reddit or discord, commenting here is basically it’s own stupid hobby
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,332
    edited April 17
    I agree in parts.

-About the game being in a better state if the critics hadn't been partially muffled I disagree, I think CA would release the **** the same way, in the same state, because they had problems in development and poor project management.
    Deadlines, unfinished and buggy product, pressure from shareholders, etc., must have done what we see.

-About CA's bootlickers I totally agree, and they are here to this day, always looking for an egg hair to try to disqualify all criticism:
    "Storm in the teacup"
    "Work in progress "
    "Who cares about x if it's a recolor unit , no one plays with zoom"
    "Smooth and bug-free launch and that those who have problems is because play on potato computers"
    "Too Big to Fail , Everything will be fixed with IE"
    "Peak active players doesn't matter"
    This is when they are not post inspectors, the type that if you make a 100% critical comment, try to soften and disqualify you by talking about the positive points, changing the focus, when one thing has nothing to do with the other, if X is bad and Y is good, just because Y is good doesn't make X any less bad than it really is.
    "The campaign is bad, but be balanced, we have to agree that it is the most ambitious game, and it has x improvements in points that have nothing to do with your comment, and so criticize my little game less."

The new fad is now to say that when something is criticized in excess, it's haters, whiners, complainers, and propagators of the apocalypse.
    As if all was well, you don't happen to know, What is Warhammer 3?

There were times when I tried to argue, thinking they were thinking beings, but then I gave up arguing with these people well before launch, it's not worth wasting time with them.

• grimgor_ironsidegrimgor_ironside Member Registered Users Posts: 138
    edited April 17
    agreed, i made a post saying the same thing, that this is unacceptable for a big company to release games in this state and the response aftwerward was even more pathetic, it took them weeks to release two hotfixes that barely fixed anything. my post got closed ofcourse even though it didnt break any rules, and when i complained about the censorship from mods, i got jailed as you can see lol.

Basically there are two groups of people on the forum, one who just want an enjoyable game and a return for their money, and another group that lives in a bubble where if you critisize CA they feel that takes away their enjoyment of the game so they have to defend them at all cost, or they're incentivised, i dont know what it is, and IT IS hurting the game. i keep reminding people that the only reason rome 2 got so much support was because of community pressure.

anyway now i just dont care, im just not going to buy any total war game on release but wait at least a year.
    "Make haste slowly" Augustus Caesar

agreed, i made a post saying the same thing, that this is unacceptable for a big company to release games in this state and the response aftwerward was even more pathetic, it took them weeks to release two hotfixes that barely fixed anything. my post got closed ofcourse even though it didnt break any rules, and when i complained about the censorship from mods, i got jailed as you can see lol.

Basically there are two groups of people on the forum, one who just want an enjoyable game and a return for their money, and another group that lives in a bubble where if you critisize CA they feel that takes away their enjoyment of the game so they have to defend them at all cost, and IT IS hurting the game. i keep reminding people that the only reason rome 2 got so much support was because of community pressure.

Ah yes, the binary mentality. There are only us and them! My side and your side, the wrong and the right, black and white!

That has always been 100% guaranteed to not be an idiotically reductive way of thinking hasn't it?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,419
    edited April 17
    That thought can be dismissed offhand, I don't even need to read the OP.

If you want to be negative all the time that's your personal choice. Just don't pretend you're doing something noble. Nah. You're just being negative. If that's your personal choice that's fine, but CA's quality isn't driven by how many negative people there are. That idea doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Myself, especially in my current mental state, I only do stuff I enjoy
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

Goatforce said:

Basically there are two groups of people on the forum, one who just want an enjoyable game and a return for their money, and another group that lives in a bubble where if you critisize CA they feel that takes away their enjoyment of the game so they have to defend them at all cost, and IT IS hurting the game. i keep reminding people that the only reason rome 2 got so much support was because of community pressure.

Ah yes, the binary mentality. There are only us and them! My side and your side, the wrong and the right, black and white!

That has always been 100% guaranteed to not be an idiotically reductive way of thinking hasn't it?
    **** i said basically not totally, i know there is everything in between these two but it is the general trend. although i know how tempting it is to try and sound intellectually superior for morons like you. you could've said the same thing without using the word idiotically but you couldnt help it.
  • HealMeDudeHealMeDude Registered Users Posts: 209
    State of the game is fine. Get over yourself drama queen.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,328
    Expressing positive thoughts about the game doesn’t make you an apologist any more than posting criticism makes you a whiner. The forums are here to express opinions. Posts like the OPs are meant to pressure one side of that into not posting and is, at best, counterproductive to the purpose of a forum.

Post how you feel about the game, negative positive or neutral and ignore those like tho OP who obviously only want people who agree with completely to post anything.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 1,086

It is so fine that CA made multiple blogs acknowledging issues and that they even postponed content because the game is not in a "good state " yet.

The lack of reality is mindblowing
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,419
    Blaeys said:

Expressing positive thoughts about the game doesn’t make you an apologist any more than posting criticism makes you a whiner. The forums are here to express opinions. Posts like the OPs are meant to pressure one side of that into not posting and is, at best, counterproductive to the purpose of a forum.

Post how you feel about the game, negative positive or neutral and ignore those like tho OP who obviously only want people who agree with completely to post anything.

I agree.

I think the idea that posting negatively or positively has any impact whatsoever is pretty silly to begin with. No one cares. It's just a forum of people expressing opinions. We've got zero influence and that's perfectly okay.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,

• NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,776
    People here really just love putting up their own strawmen to argue with in front of everyone.

People here have always been critical. People on Steam have always been critical. People on Reddit have always been critical.

People disagreeing with your criticism is not apologetics. Sometimes the criticism just isn't well-founded or well-articulated, or just isn't true.

Goatforce said:

**** i said basically not totally, i know there is everything in between these two but it is the general trend. although i know how tempting it is to try and sound intellectually superior for morons like you. you could've said the same thing without using the word idiotically but you couldnt help it.
    I used the word because the shoe fits.

And saying basically really doesn't help your case when the "basically other side" are strawmanned as white knights, especially as there are very few of those on the forum, and the "basically my side" are the poor people who just want value for money and might get it if only those others would just stop defending CA "at all costs".....
    what a predicable rehash of the exact same opinions that dominate any discussion regarding CA product quality.

• DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 853
    Mazisky said:

It is so fine that CA made multiple blogs acknowledging issues and that they even postponed content because the game is not in a "good state " yet.

The lack of reality is mindblowing
    Reality cuts both ways in this situation. Everything isn't sunshine and lollipops. Neither is it fire and brimstone. It is very frustrating how everyone is expected to exist at the poles of this situation. Foaming at the mouth and genuflection aren't the only two states of being in this circumstance. As someone said to you on reddit yesterday when you not surprisingly started throwing around the fanboy and shill line again, reality isn't in black and white.

Fine is a perfectly reasonable descriptor of the game since 1.1. It isn't great. It isn't terrible. It's fine.

The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

I used the word because the shoe fits.

And saying basically really doesn't help your case when the "basically other side" are strawmanned as white knights, especially as there are very few of those on the forum, and the "basically my side" are the poor people who just want value for money and might get it if only those others would just stop defending CA "at all costs".....
    im not going to waste time arguing with you, but i think you should change your profile pic to that of a goat so that it would match your name and your intellectual capacity.
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,304
    edited April 17
    I blame you.

Its the same. We both dont have a point.
This discussion has been closed.