Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Loading times when playing with Steam Workshop mods enabled on external SSD.

crabolutioncrabolution Registered Users Posts: 2
Hello, I've looked far and wide for a fix for this issue but I've not been able to find any topics related to it.

I have Warhammer 3 installed on an external SSD. The game runs completely fine when I do not have mods enabled, loading times are relatively quick. The issue arises when I start enabling multiple mods from the Steam Workshop. The file size of the mod does not seem to matter, but if I have more than 5 mods enabled then the game's loading times will begin to get extremely sluggish, especially when loading a custom battle.

This error did not occur on an internal SSD, however I do not have enough space on it to store the game there. I've tested this on two different external SSDs and they both have issues when trying to load a battle. Could it possibly be a bug or am I out of luck here?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• WetEugeneWetEugene Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited April 26
    Do you also have an issue where opening up in-game menus is laggy as hell? For me battles play well but on the campaign map (with workshop mods enabled on external ssd), just selecting a menu like technology or a skill tree for example, will cause the game to seize up for like 30 seconds.

The game runs fine though without; if I disable mods from the workshop it's back to normal. And before 1.1 I had plenty of mods from discord and that wasn't a problem. Really don't get it.

EDIT: Hang on, in WH2 didn't the workshop directly download files to data? I can't see anything there so does that mean it's a read-issue? Seems daft but I'm stumped. Like the game's reading from external drive and trying to do the same with workshop files = too much at once?
  • crabolutioncrabolution Registered Users Posts: 2
    WetEugene said:

Do you also have an issue where opening up in-game menus is laggy as hell? For me battles play well but on the campaign map (with workshop mods enabled on external ssd), just selecting a menu like technology or a skill tree for example, will cause the game to seize up for like 30 seconds.

The game runs fine though without; if I disable mods from the workshop it's back to normal. And before 1.1 I had plenty of mods from discord and that wasn't a problem. Really don't get it.

EDIT: Hang on, in WH2 didn't the workshop directly download files to data? I can't see anything there so does that mean it's a read-issue? Seems daft but I'm stumped. Like the game's reading from external drive and trying to do the same with workshop files = too much at once?

I only get freezes when selecting the make-a-plague Nurgle menu, and even then it's like a 5 second freeze at most, accessing technologies and skill trees doesn't cause any issues. Then again, the campaign map kind of runs like a **** right now so it might just be related to that instead of the SSD.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file