Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Keep your expectations about the roadmap low

Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 9,981
I have seen both Legend and Turin in streams the last few days indicate that we should keep our expectations low(and they themselves had low expectations) regarding the roadmap released later today.

Iirc Legend said he could´nt talk about it because he knew(aka the youtubers had some pre-release access regarding the roadmap)

I for one were hoping for a Troy like roadmap

Now not so much lol

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars

Comments

• Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    Well if youtubers have access to it, it means it is at least good enough to talk about it. Which is more than we've got now.

But yes agree 100%.
  • Przykitrany#7998Przykitrany#7998 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Mine are at basement level.
  • kaiki_utokyo#9006kaiki_utokyo#9006 Registered Users Posts: 442
    I don't see any point if the roadmap today is just trying to tell us that there would be IE, LP and some FLCs, as we all know about that.
    JEEZ, I think my HYPE has already been killed by this thread.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,447
    No pessimism. Only hype.

CHOO CHOO!
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,711
    I’m not sure if I can dig any deeper
  • alpharender33#2889alpharender33#2889 Registered Users Posts: 391
    As long as IE date is announced I dont care.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 38,447

I don't see any point if the roadmap today is just trying to tell us that there would be IE, LP and some FLCs, as we all know about that.

No. Hype revival!
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    I agree but fortunately I have a Khorne Campaign to complete this weekend so the fact that the IE and CD are delayed until Thursday is not a problem for me

I no longer have unrealistic expectations.
  • A_Big_GuyA_Big_Guy Registered Users Posts: 9
    I think most people will be happy if the mortal empires map release date is announced and it's not too far in the future.
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 9,981
    A_Big_Guy said:

I think most people will be happy if the mortal empires map release date is announced and it's not too far in the future.

I doubt that any dates will be set in stone in the roadmap

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,495
    A_Big_Guy said:

Depends on what they are saying.

If they release it very soon, but its in a state worse than ME at launch....then I would prefer if they push it back further.

I wanna play the Wood Elves and Beastmen first ..... but I am afraid that their overhauls might not be included yet, just like how the updates to LL uppdates, ROR and Norsca weren't in ME at launch....

Oh well, lets see.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,493
    All I care about is IE. And that means the only thing I care about is the date it arrives.
    Once IE drops then I can get concerned about other content.
  • Theo91#7431Theo91#7431 Registered Users Posts: 2,901
    Agreed. I remember when they all got super psyched about the OK release in game 2. If they want to keep expectations low, it really must be nothing to write home about

No. Hype revival!
    I respect your optimism... i think i'm like Legend of Total War in that i got a bit too overhyped for game 3 and feel a bit broken after what a monumental let down it was (for me, i know some people liked it)
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    Check Reddit folks.
  • Kabulk#6557Kabulk#6557 Registered Users Posts: 1,227
    Wh2 brought first year 16 LLs:
    - 8 at launch
    -2 FLC
    - 2 queen and crown
    - 4 tomb kings

This year I would be happy to match that figure:
    - so far we have 13 LLs ( counting Belakor)

So only 3 to go.

If Chorfs bring 4 LLs and a couple of FLC lords come, in total we would reach 19 in one year, so no bad.

• Processing#6286Processing#6286 Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 758
    Legend said he's got the video ready for today. Which means it has to be something, otherwise why would he make a video about it? IE is summer, that's my bet.

Legend said he's got the video ready for today. Which means it has to be something, otherwise why would he make a video about it? IE is summer, that's my bet.

Maybe he's announcing his retirement... he has hinted at it...
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 475
    Theo91 said:

Maybe he's announcing his retirement... he has hinted at it...
    He wants to retire from streaming, but not from Youtube (unless he changed his mind ?)
    From a little bird:

Q2:
    - FLC Regiments of Renown part 1.
    - Auto-resolve improvements.
    - Improvements to Single-Entity unit combat.
    - Tech Tree reworks.
    - AI anti-player bias fixes.
    - Ranged unit targeting improvements.

Q3:
    - Changes (to be confirmed).
    - FLC Regiments of Renown part 2.
    - Tzeentch and Slaanesh replenishment rates.
    - IE Beta.
    - Blood Pack.
    - Old World update 1: WoC.
    - Lord Pack DLC.

Q4:
    - FLC Regiments of Renown part 3.
    - Update 3.0 (to be confirmed).

More in 2023 and beyond.

The 3.0 update could be the Chaos Dwarfs.
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,493
    Yeah not sure about the youtubers having any more info lol. Indypride at some point said he didn't have any more info to add. Turin said he didn't know what was happening with the map. Would take anything Legend says with a grain of salt.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,713
    I was planning to, but as a contrarian I am now contractually obligated to ride the hype train and skyrocket my expectations.

I hope you understand.

Choo choo!
    edited April 29
    Guys... Just look at what I just posted here. It has been *redacted*. Check Reddit if you don't believe me.

The disagrees are ironic. But I'm not that happy, either. Would've liked the Campaign Pack to be sooner.
  • avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 456
    The funny thing that CA is capable of making this situation even more worse than it already is.
    And this week at random releasing an update on WH2 which seeminly only brought commerical and mod incompatibility.

Seems like there is no light in the end of this tunnel after all
    JungleElf --> So if what you wrote is true, IE is clearly not coming anytime soon...
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,737
    JungleElf said:

From a little bird:

Q2:
    - Tech Tree reworks.

Q3:
    - IE Beta.
    - Blood Pack.
    - Lord Pack DLC.

Q4:

More in 2023 and beyond.

I saw it, if that is real... wtf ca

JungleElf said:

From a little bird:

Q2:
    - Tech Tree reworks.

Q3:
    - IE Beta.
    - Blood Pack.
    - Lord Pack DLC.

Q4:

More in 2023 and beyond.

I saw it, if that is real... wtf ca
    I know a fake leak when I see one, this one is definitely not fake.

And, hmmm, I don't know. IE, Blood Pack, Lord Pack and maybe a Campaign Pack in one year along with sets of RoR's isn't that bad. The pacing is just... off.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,885
    I fully expect

Solid dates for:

IE, CDs and Blood

I expect a date for the first lord pack but with a guess who picture rather than who is involved.

Plus picture clue FLCs

I fully expect

Solid dates for:

IE, CDs and Blood

I expect a date for the first lord pack but with a guess who picture rather than who is involved.

Plus picture clue FLCs

One French youtuber said that even after the Roadmap, people would still ask for the release date of IE, unfortunately...
  • IndefatigableIndefatigable Registered Users Posts: 475
    I found this road map which is clearly pertinent to CA - I am pretty sure that this one is official!