Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Impact of roadmap in WH3 ratings (from reddit)

2»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,550
    Reviews like that should be deleted.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 1,038
    Gonna undo negative review only to write another negative review lol
  • MastigosMastigos Registered Users Posts: 32

I don’t see the point of the fury here. We had no communication, nothing to base our expectations on, and when we finally get some level setting info these people flip their **** because… the company prioritized their feedback for fixes over new content? Because they set their own expectations based on nothing at all?

Bunch of **** children. This is why it’s so hard to get anything out of CA, communication goes two ways and they aren’t the only ones bad at it.

The company **** the launch, sure, that kind of feedback is warranted. But you can’t claim this wave has anything to do with the actual game as is.

You're a breath of fresh air.

Honestly, the "new generation" of gamers are mostly spoiled, impatient, and confused. Case in point: practically begging for communication, then getting mad because the communication wasn't what they wanted to hear. And half the players want to hear one thing, the other half want to hear something opposite -- but in the end no one is contended except the few who were already content.

It's a sad situation, really. It makes me trust professional game journalists far more than the consensus of gamers, at this point; and I never thought I'd see that day.

This game will be fine in a year. People just don't want to wait, and have an excuse (and an excuse in case that one fails, ad infinitum) when they're backed into a corner and are forced to confront their own expectations.

Not that CA is blameless, mind you - but they are far, far less guilty than the average forum troll or Redditor would like to think.
    “In the mountains the shortest way is from peak to peak; but for that one must have long legs. Aphorisms should be peaks – and those who are addressed, big and tall.”
    So you spend HUNDREDS OF EUROS for a game, wait for it to enjoy multiplayer, only to find out that the game turned into tower defense + domination nonsense. And then, after the game was released as pre-demo alpha, you dare to name people who aren't satisfied as children. Yeah right. That "spoiled generation" spent hundreds of euros of their hard-working money only to get a bag of nothing. And then you even dare to blame it on the consumer. You can damage control as much as you want but the more you do it, the worse the Warhammer 3 will be.
    cabans33 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ueo5gj/player_reaction_to_roadmap_via_steam_reviews/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Impressive. I keep mine positive as with mods I like the game and already played more than 200 hours

What I can't understand is people with over 100 hours not recommending it

With regards to 100 hours that's fine if genuine. There's no limit in my mind to it, you can sour on a game. It's only an issue if they continue playing after it. Someone who writes a negative review then plays 100 more hours should have their review deleted.

The issue here is they're clearly fake reviews. They're part of a tantrum in response to CA communicating bad news. They simply don't belong.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• IzmaethIzmaeth Registered Users Posts: 12
    cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

Seems really excessive to give a negative rating of the current game because future content is coming later than expected.

yes, they don’t know they are killing kuresh araby, nippon and ind with those negative reviews.
    that actually a dilema... what is more useful? give the positive rating just to support the game knowing it is a beta or... punish the company so that it learn for the DLC...
    I the grand scheme there's no "giving support". You either vote "I like what you did, give me some more of the same", or "I don't like what you did and I won't buy it again".

If everyone would start giving positive vote and raising concerns on the forums it would end up with CA not giving a crap. They'd say: "Even though vocal minority is criticising our design, the majority is loving it. Just look at the rating!".
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 923

cabans33 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ueo5gj/player_reaction_to_roadmap_via_steam_reviews/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Impressive. I keep mine positive as with mods I like the game and already played more than 200 hours

With regards to 100 hours that's fine if genuine. There's no limit in my mind to it, you can sour on a game. It's only an issue if they continue playing after it. Someone who writes a negative review then plays 100 more hours should have their review deleted.

The issue here is they're clearly fake reviews. They're part of a tantrum in response to CA communicating bad news. They simply don't belong.
    I have another point of view.

Someone who writes a negative review then plays 100 more hours and still leaves a negative review it means he explored the game in every way possible and still doesn't reccomend it, it really means the game is flawed.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 573

So you spend HUNDREDS OF EUROS for a game, wait for it to enjoy multiplayer, only to find out that the game turned into tower defense + domination nonsense. And then, after the game was released as pre-demo alpha, you dare to name people who aren't satisfied as children. Yeah right. That "spoiled generation" spent hundreds of euros of their hard-working money only to get a bag of nothing. And then you even dare to blame it on the consumer. You can damage control as much as you want but the more you do it, the worse the Warhammer 3 will be.

You didn’t get a bag of nothing though. All those DLC and games you purchased were worth something, and most people here definitely got more than their money’s worth playing them in WH2.

The return on investment in entertainment for TW games is insane when you compare money in versus entertainment hours out. I can blow $60 in a night out on drinks with friends (so 4-6 hours), versus the hundreds of hours I got from an equivalent price point.

I’ve made this point else where, but just how many hours should you be getting before it’s worth it? The average/median TW player doesn’t come close to the hours most enfranchised players here put into the game.
    Mazisky said:

cabans33 said:

I have another point of view.

Someone who writes a negative review then plays 100 more hours and still leaves a negative review it means he explored the game in every way possible and still doesn't reccomend it, it really means the game is flawed.
    That's just not how people work. People don't play 100 hours to "explore". They play games for fun.

If someone writes a negative review then continues actively playing then they very obviously enjoy the game and their review is a lie.

Forum Terms & Conditions

edited April 30
    @Passthechips I feel ripped off. Because, instead of waiting for the game to be fully released in September of 2022 with immortal empires implemented, I PRE-ORDERED it only to get the pre-alpha demo in February. And why do you even try to defend CA at this point? The game does not even have a chat option for christ's sake! Not to mention the horrible state of multiplayer with games crashing or lagging etc. The game was released unfinished. Period!

@Passthechips I feel ripped off. Because, instead of waiting for the game to be fully released in September of 2022, I PRE-ORDERED it only to get the pre-alpha demo in February. And why do you even try to defend CA at this point? The game does not even have a chat option for christ's sake! Not to mention the horrible state of multiplayer with games crashing or lagging etc. The game was released unfinished. Period!

You didn’t answer my direct question. I’m not defending CA directly, I am challenging your assertions. There are real grievances with WH3, but some of things you’re mentioning are just small potatoes.

Let’s be real, the multiplayer scene is a minuscule portion of the player base and the people who used the chat feature are an even smaller portion of that tiny player base. The feature being taken down is not close to a dealbreaker, while it is certainly a tad annoying for those used to it I do admit.

I personally have not come across many issues with multiplayer or lag (outside of an eight player game with friends, but we haven’t organized another since before 1.1), but then again I have a more recent machine and haven’t encountered any issues in general. I realize I might be lucky in that regard.

I pre-ordered the game and would do it again. I’ve sunk plenty of enjoyable hours into the game, and modding has removed some of the major issues I have until patch 1.2 comes out. I’m going back for a bit to WH2 because I miss some of my more favorite factions, but I’ve personally definitely gotten my $60 worth from the game and look forward to throwing more money at CA’s way when they finally give me content to buy.

@Passthechips I feel ripped off. Because, instead of waiting for the game to be fully released in September of 2022 with immortal empires implemented, I PRE-ORDERED it only to get the pre-alpha demo in February.

The game was nowhere remotely anything like a pre alpha in February. That's simply objectively false.

Forum Terms & Conditions

@Passthechips I feel ripped off. Because, instead of waiting for the game to be fully released in September of 2022, I PRE-ORDERED it only to get the pre-alpha demo in February. And why do you even try to defend CA at this point? The game does not even have a chat option for christ's sake! Not to mention the horrible state of multiplayer with games crashing or lagging etc. The game was released unfinished. Period!

You didn’t answer my direct question. I’m not defending CA directly, I am challenging your assertions. There are real grievances with WH3, but some of things you’re mentioning are just small potatoes.

Let’s be real, the multiplayer scene is a minuscule portion of the player base and the people who used the chat feature are an even smaller portion of that tiny player base. The feature being taken down is not close to a dealbreaker, while it is certainly a tad annoying for those used to it I do admit.

I personally have not come across many issues with multiplayer or lag (outside of an eight player game with friends, but we haven’t organized another since before 1.1), but then again I have a more recent machine and haven’t encountered any issues in general. I realize I might be lucky in that regard.

I pre-ordered the game and would do it again. I’ve sunk plenty of enjoyable hours into the game, and modding has removed some of the major issues I have until patch 1.2 comes out. I’m going back for a bit to WH2 because I miss some of my more favorite factions, but I’ve personally definitely gotten my $60 worth from the game and look forward to throwing more money at CA’s way when they finally give me content to buy.
    So let me answer your question: a half-baked pizza doesn't worth a dime.

So let me answer your question: a half-baked pizza doesn't worth a dime.
    You can quite literally buy pizza bases from any decent supermarket. They're literally half baked. They cost money.

Forum Terms & Conditions

That's gross!
    @drogarito92 - We just have fundamentally different opinions then. I think you should understand that many people have also had positive experiences.

I’ve had tons of fun on the multiplayer campaign maps with my buddies who also purchased WH3. I encourage anyone who hasn’t tried them to do so. Simultaneous turns was a game changer compared to how it was in WH2. Same deal again with alliance outposts.

We would all 100% pre-order the game again. You’re free to interpret our anecdotes however you want.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    edited April 30

You don't have to enjoy Domination Mode. But nobody tricked you into spending hundreds of euros on Domination Mode.

You spent hundreds of euros enjoying Land Battles in previous games.

Then! content creators told you and showcased Domination Mode and let you know there were no Land Battles on ladder before the game was released.

So if you didn't enjoy your last $60, I understand.

But nobody misled you into spending that $60. Nor does the last $60 'cancel out' the value acrued from the previously spent hundreds.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,702

@Passthechips I feel ripped off. Because, instead of waiting for the game to be fully released in September of 2022 with immortal empires implemented, I PRE-ORDERED it only to get the pre-alpha demo in February. And why do you even try to defend CA at this point? The game does not even have a chat option for christ's sake! Not to mention the horrible state of multiplayer with games crashing or lagging etc. The game was released unfinished. Period!

You could have waited, you could have refunded.
    Buyer beware is an old saying.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    The game probably deserves it's "Mixed" rating, but I'm not sure I approve of people using Steam to vent their anger over the roadmap.

If you think the game's naff, obviously you should leave a bad review, but if you didn't think that but are angry at the roadmap, giving it a bad review is misusing the site every bit as much as Chinese review-bombing over some half-imagined national slight.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,761
    cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

Seems really excessive to give a negative rating of the current game because future content is coming later than expected.

yes, they don’t know they are killing kuresh araby, nippon and ind with those negative reviews.
    that actually a dilema... what is more useful? give the positive rating just to support the game knowing it is a beta or... punish the company so that it learn for the DLC...
    it's not much of a dilemma. If the DLC don't sell CA will pull the plug, they've already done that with 3K. So negative reviews aren't the way to go if you want content.
  • alpharender33alpharender33 Registered Users Posts: 199
    edited April 30
    Xenos7777 said:

cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

it's not much of a dilemma. If the DLC don't sell CA will pull the plug, they've already done that with 3K. So negative reviews aren't the way to go if you want content.
    They will never pull the plug on WH3 because they have nothing else to sell. They already killed 3K and the next mainline entry is atleast 2.5 years away. Reviews will improve with time and DLC will continue to sell because of Warhammer.

Xenos7777 said:

cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

They will never pull the plug on WH3 because they have nothing else to sell. They already killed 3K and the next mainline entry is atleast 2.5 years away. Reviews will improve with time and DLC will continue to sell because of Warhammer.
    "Don’t worry; we’ll revisit this timeline several times throughout the year: both to highlight the projects that have been shifted or added to the schedule, and to highlight different areas where the game (and, inevitably, *other* Total War games) continues to grow."

CA wrote this... don't know, from the wording of the roadmap I get the feeling they are just itching to abandon the game and start working of something else.
    edited April 30
    Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

"Don’t worry; we’ll revisit this timeline several times throughout the year: both to highlight the projects that have been shifted or added to the schedule, and to highlight different areas where the game (and, inevitably, *other* Total War games) continues to grow."

CA wrote this... don't know, from the wording of the roadmap I get the feeling they are just itching to abandon the game and start working of something else.
    I'll just note that they're already working on multiple other games. This has been said so explicitly multiple times. It doesn't change the reality that if TWW3s DLCs sell they'll make a bunch of them, just like they did with TWW2.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

I'll just note that they're already working on multiple other games. This has been said so explicitly multiple times.
    Indeed. They may be released sooner than we expect, given the current situation.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,702

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

cabans33 said:

Bayes said:

I'll just note that they're already working on multiple other games. This has been said so explicitly multiple times. It doesn't change the reality that if TWW3s DLCs sell they'll make a bunch of them, just like they did with TWW2.
    40K here we come.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,318
    Not a game content discussion. Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,394

cabans33 said:

is a volound minions attack
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI