Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SOLVED: Multiplayer Campaign Saves Unavailable - Unable to resume as host, files still on drive

TheJayzusTheJayzus Registered Users Posts: 2
edited May 2 in Multiplayer Bugs
After the latest patch, v1.12.1 build, all of my campaign saves including single player were unavailable. My total war account had become delinked and login in forced me to merge accounts (I only have one)
After the merge, my single player campaigns are back, but I still don't have the ability to resume as host in multiplayer.
All the files are still there in the "%/Warhammer2/save_games_multiplayer" folder
The campaign was hosted on LAN, but I've noticed I can't view or join any online campaigns either.
The game is ran through steam.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

SOLVED: The Calvary Fix Beta seems to be doing the trick
Post edited by TheJayzus on

Comments

• TayssotaTayssota Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same problem. Feels bad.
  • HL230P45HL230P45 Registered Users Posts: 377
    Have you checked if Cavalry Fix Beta works with multiplayer saves? As far as I know it is identical to current version?
  • steam_163865457436N89G7Ezsteam_163865457436N89G7Ez Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same problem. Anyone has any idea how to resolve this?
  • Osa_bdgOsa_bdg Registered Users Posts: 2
    The same issue - anyone knows how to push the support to fix this bug?
  • DrMembraneDrMembrane Registered Users Posts: 2
    Same issue here as well - our coop campaign can not be loaded after the patch. Game is shown as modded, even though no mods are used. The "resume host" button is greyed out, while the actual save games are still in the folder.
  • DoomriosDoomrios Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited May 1
    Same issue here as DrMembrande stated. Can't find anything on the problem thusfar. I'm going to try to run the beta version HL230P45 suggested.

Edit: if you use steam, use the latest beta version 1.12.1 as HL230P45 suggested. My friend and I could just resume our game with the latest save we made in that version. (Note that you will both need to use the same version otherwise you wil be unable to connect)
    Post edited by Doomrios on
  • TheJayzusTheJayzus Registered Users Posts: 2
    The Calvary Fix Beta seems to be working, mod compatible, and stable.
  • HL230P45HL230P45 Registered Users Posts: 377
    Thanks for clarification, guys. I wouldn't call it solved though. CA needs to clear this mess. Ambush AI bug also needs checking.
  • DrMembraneDrMembrane Registered Users Posts: 2
    Why is this flagged as "solved"? I should not have to install a beta version in order to not have a "modded" version of the game.

The official update got auto installed through steam and shows the game as "modded" - this seems to be a serious bug.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,336

Why is this flagged as "solved"? I should not have to install a beta version in order to not have a "modded" version of the game.

The official update got auto installed through steam and shows the game as "modded" - this seems to be a serious bug.

It was marked Solved due to the OP having their problem resolved. Support is finished with this post. You will need to report your issue by opening your own thread.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Osa_bdgOsa_bdg Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot guys for advices - should be working cause saves are visible, will see when I play with brother campaign again : )
  • steam_163865457436N89G7Ezsteam_163865457436N89G7Ez Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks guys. Calvary Fix Beta works for multi campaign saves.
  • wagga_waggawagga_wagga Registered Users Posts: 1
    Should note, that in order to install the Cavalry beta, you need to have linked Total War Access to your Steam account, otherwise it asks for a code when you try to install the beta.

Hopefully they push the Cavalry patch to the main stream sometime this century.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file