Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

1.2 next week. Not Monday.

GBone#4408GBone#4408 Registered Users Posts: 1,459
edited May 2022 in Total War General Chat

Comments

• XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,143
    So the 20th.

Well at least they told us so we don't have to spend the next week guessing.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,474
    Either Thursday or Friday for the release would be my guess.

I wonder if the info on Tuesday will be the full patchnotes or just a snippet? Probably the later.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • ArbitraryDwarf#5835ArbitraryDwarf#5835 Registered Users Posts: 219
    Does it matter? It has nothing in it.
  • Passthechips#4366Passthechips#4366 Registered Users Posts: 1,528
    edited May 2022

You should probably reread the roadmap then! At least based on that there should be a lot of complaints about the game addressed. I for one am excited for revamped tech trees and fixed AR.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,738
    Good :)

So the 20th.

Well at least they told us so we don't have to spend the next week guessing.

Yep, thats the big thing with the roadmap too. I can just toss warhammer out of my head for a long while while.
    "oh its Q3 now, whats new? 1.2 and 1.3? ok i can play a bit".

• Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,870
    edited May 2022
    Just out of curiosity, do you have the link or source?

Edit*

It appears the OP was edited to include the source. It wasn't visible originally.

Thank you OP :)
    Post edited by Valkaar#2507 on
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,710
    There's a reasonable amount coming with patch 1.2. Hopefully the RoR's are actually interesting and not just recolours with ignore psychology.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,106
    It's probably the first time I'm not excited for an update.
  • ArbitraryDwarf#5835ArbitraryDwarf#5835 Registered Users Posts: 219

You should probably reread the roadmap then! At least based on that there should be a lot of complaints about the game addressed. I for one am excited for revamped tech trees and fixed AR.
    I have read it. The game will still be incredibly tedious unto IE arrives.
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,620
    edited May 2022

"Hey we are here to tell you that we are not telling on which day to expect the patch. But it is not Monday. And on Thusday you get more information (and of course it won't be on Friday). So our current great CA mystery: Will it be on Wednesday or on Thursday!?!?!"

Yes I appreciate the communication! And CA thanks for that! But why must there always be a "but". You communicate with us BUT on the other hand you are not telling much! I understand it. If you tell us the patch is coming on Wednesday and you have to postpone it for one day five people of the community will be very sad. Here's a suggestion: stop making communications policy for these five people :)
    Schub said:

"Hey we are here to tell you that we are not telling on which day to expect the patch. But it is not Monday. And on Thusday you get more information (and of course it won't be on Friday). So our current great CA mystery: Will it be on Wednesday or on Thursday!?!?!"

Yes I appreciate the communication! And CA thanks for that! But why must there always be a "but". You communicate with us BUT on the other hand you are not telling much! I understand it. If you tell us the patch is coming on Wednesday and you have to postpone it for one day five people of the community will be very sad. Here's a suggestion: stop making communications policy for these five people :)

They are just saying that the patch is next week, not on Monday and to expect info on Tuesday, you are reading way too much into it.
    - Anonymous
    Neodeinos said:

I mean, that's the typical reaction for a normal patch, a patch by itself is not a lot, it's what comes with it that really hypes or not, in this case it's only RoR, they are neat but aren't anything world changing, until 2.0 that arrives with both IE and the first LP, I'm not expecting much hype from anyone.
    - Anonymous
    edited May 2022

Schub said:

They are just saying that the patch is next week, not on Monday and to expect info on Tuesday, you are reading way too much into it.
    No I am not readinig to much into it. I am just not a friend of "announcements of announcements". And telling us to "check back with us next Tuesday for more details about when you can expect the update" is exactly that. They are announcing today that they will announce the patch date next Tuesday.

It's ok. It is more communication than we are used to. But on the other hand. Why not simplay say:
    Next Tuesday we show you the free RoR units. On Wednesday you get the patch notes. And if everything is going as planned we are releasing the patch on Thursday! Could be so easy.
  • #1609#1609 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,542
    What's a Regent of Renown? A famous Attaman for Kislev?
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,348
    Good I kinda expect skulls event with it :P . Not sure if we will get something for the event.

But I will check the game to see the RoRs and Techs stuff, thou not sure if i'm going to play a full campaign(it depends).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,

Neodeinos said:

I mean, that's the typical reaction for a normal patch, a patch by itself is not a lot, it's what comes with it that really hypes or not, in this case it's only RoR, they are neat but aren't anything world changing, until 2.0 that arrives with both IE and the first LP, I'm not expecting much hype from anyone.
    That's true for a lot of people I guess but personally I've always been somewhat excited for a patch even if it's only balance or bugfix changes.

I just feel apathetic towards the game as there is no IE which means playing the game is entirely pointless for me.
    Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

That's true for a lot of people I guess but personally I've always been somewhat excited for a patch even if it's only balance or bugfix changes.

I just feel apathetic towards the game as there is no IE which means playing the game is entirely pointless for me.
    Maybe it's because the last big patches for WH 2 were always paired with a content DLC and an OW rework? Except the Rakarth patch but...we got Rakarth with that patch which was a big suprise.
    Schub said:

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

Maybe it's because the last big patches for WH 2 were always paired with a content DLC and an OW rework? Except the Rakarth patch but...we got Rakarth with that patch which was a big suprise.
    Not every patch was tied to content, after a DLC release there was always a patch in beta a month later.
    Neodeinos said:

Schub said:

Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

Not every patch was tied to content, after a DLC release there was always a patch in beta a month later.
    Yes. I was talking about "big" patches. The ones after a DLC were always smaller ones. Unfortunatelly.
  • cabal133cabal133 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Oh, another color schemes incoming.
  • manpersal#3961manpersal#3961 Registered Users Posts: 3,395
    edited May 2022

It's basically small stuff that won't change the current gameplay subtstantially. I'm happy they're adressing some of the complaints, but I think that the primary problem is the map, and it won't be solved until IE.
  • #326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 575
    Where is Bies?!

Thanks for the info, but it needs immortal empires before inlay again. :)

I Hope that this update helps the players who are playing the game actually :)
  • Pillullis#7409Pillullis#7409 Registered Users Posts: 14
    Perhaps the first time I haven't been excited or hyped for an update.
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,505

Main things:
    - AURO-RESOLVE IMPROVEMENTS
    - TECHNOLOGY TREE REWORKS!
    - Regiment of Renown 1
    - single-entity dueling improvements
    - Addressing AI rebuilding Towers too quick
    - Addressing issues with flying units attacking ground units
    - Addressing Ranged units issues
    - AI anti-player bias
    - Further unit-responsiveness improvements

What do you mean "Nothing in it"?
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,847

Where is Bies?!

Thanks for the info, but it needs immortal empires before inlay again. :)

I Hope that this update helps the players who are playing the game actually :)

hopefully some ROR re-models :p

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,243

Why not just...say what day it is?
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501

Why not just...say what day it is?
    Poor planning and even worse implementation plays a part.
  • drclaw_twdrclaw_tw Registered Users Posts: 289
    I am happy we are getting some of the changes in the 1.2 patch. However the new Path of Exile league drops tomorrow and should keep me occupied for the next few weeks.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,243

You're suggesting they don't know what day the patch is, the week before?
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    edited May 2022

You're suggesting they don't know what day the patch is, the week before?

Well with the lack of transparency and openness to communication, what else could it be?