Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

1.2 next week. Not Monday.

Comments

• Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 955
    So tuesday we'll get news about the patch 1.2 that will most likely come in june.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,012

Poor planning and even worse implementation plays a part.

You're suggesting they don't know what day the patch is, the week before?

Well with the lack of transparency and openness to communication, what else could it be?
    A lack of transparency or openess to communication perhaps? No not perhaps, it is simply that.

A company not communicating does not mean they are hiding that they don't know when they will release something, it often just means that they do not wish to communicate.
  • PassthechipsPassthechips Registered Users Posts: 572
    edited May 12

They are just saying that the patch is next week, not on Monday and to expect info on Tuesday, you are reading way too much into it.

Why not just...say what day it is?
    I mean the real explanation is they’d like the flexibility to release it whenever during the week depending on if something needs more ironing out or not.

Which pretty typical and not indicative of any shortfalls. I’m not sure what the big deal is here.
    Eth3ryas said:

So tuesday we'll get news about the patch 1.2 that will most likely come in june.

@Eth3ryas - Reading comprehension is key here. The update is slated for next week, we’re just getting the final date and maybe the patch notes on Tuesday.
  • LegendaryArticunoLegendaryArticuno Registered Users Posts: 501
    Goatforce said:

Well with the lack of transparency and openness to communication, what else could it be?
    A lack of transparency or openess to communication perhaps? No not perhaps, it is simply that.

A company not communicating does not mean they are hiding that they don't know when they will release something, it often just means that they do not wish to communicate.
    Look no further than the actual launch of WH3 and the roadmap, and perhaps you can see why poor planning/implementation continues to play a central role.
  • pill1987pill1987 Registered Users Posts: 12
    I'm pretty sure the remaining people playing TWW3 will be glad for these changes

lol
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,392
    It'll change when the Lord Pack + Immortal Empires hits.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,012
    edited May 12

Goatforce said:

Look no further than the actual launch of WH3 and the roadmap, and perhaps you can see why poor planning/implementation continues to play a central role.
    You do realise that there is a difference between botching the launch of a game and knowing what day of the following week a patch drops right?

Because it really should be quite clear they are different matters.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    good
    BsFG dwarf
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,424
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,074
    Are we all ready to be unimpressed with the RoRs?
  • SuneaterSuneater Registered Users Posts: 242
    I hope we will get FSR 2.0 and Immortal Empire soonish for this game..
    * Windows 10 64bit Enteprise
    * Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
    * Power: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
    * CPU: AMD 5900X
    * Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev. B + Indium heatspring
    * GPU: Sapphire RX Vega 64 Pulse (1630/945 => 1662/1150)
    * Net: 100/10Mb
    * HD's: Kingston 960Gb A400 SSD, Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1Tb 2.5", Western Digital 2TB Caviar Green 64MB SATA3, Western Digital 2Tb Blue WD20EZRZ 2000 GB
    * RAM: 2X Crucial Ballistix Desktop Gaming Memory CL16 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 1.35V BL2K16G32C16U4BL (3733 16-16-19-16-36-58-1T 1.42V)
    * VCR+system: Denon AVR-1603 + 5.1 Eltax MovieMaxx & Eltax Cinema subwoofer (front Dali 310)
    * Screen: Acer XF270HUA 2560 x 1440
    * Case: Fractal Design Define R4
    * Mouse: Logitech G500s
    * Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB RapidFire
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,620
    well are we surprised ca does 2 things: be silent or post irrelavant info which is largly known to avoid talking about actual issues
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,620

Does it matter? It has nothing in it.

Main things:
    - AURO-RESOLVE IMPROVEMENTS
    - TECHNOLOGY TREE REWORKS!
    - Regiment of Renown 1
    - single-entity dueling improvements
    - Addressing AI rebuilding Towers too quick
    - Addressing issues with flying units attacking ground units
    - Addressing Ranged units issues
    - AI anti-player bias
    - Further unit-responsiveness improvements

What do you mean "Nothing in it"?
    Auto-resolve fix -> see first then jugde
    Technology tree reworks -> prob just number adjustments which is mayby 1 hour work for all 8 factions for 1 person
    RoR one of the lesser important things after the barebone rosters
    SEM dueling so you mean the thing that is in blood for the bloodgod which stil isn't released after 4 months
    Tower bilding timer again flat number adjustments in data easy as f
    Flying unit fix will wait and see. they never have been able to actually fix this. remember how often pegasus where patched and they never really fixed that one
    Ranged units issues are actually more balanced then the sheer DPS hey can put out that gunpowder units should have issues with line of sight and not do beter in ds as tier 2 ranged as a tier 5 melee unit
    AI player bias again number balance
    Unit-responsiveness improvement already proven to be lacking.

ye not that amazing for 4 months work
  • MarianoRyuMarianoRyu Registered Users Posts: 45
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,550
    Tuesday Newsday cometh.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,212
    Artjuh90 said:

Does it matter? It has nothing in it.

Main things:
    - AURO-RESOLVE IMPROVEMENTS
    - TECHNOLOGY TREE REWORKS!
    - Regiment of Renown 1
    - single-entity dueling improvements
    - Addressing AI rebuilding Towers too quick
    - Addressing issues with flying units attacking ground units
    - Addressing Ranged units issues
    - AI anti-player bias
    - Further unit-responsiveness improvements

What do you mean "Nothing in it"?
    Auto-resolve fix -> see first then jugde
    Technology tree reworks -> prob just number adjustments which is mayby 1 hour work for all 8 factions for 1 person
    RoR one of the lesser important things after the barebone rosters
    SEM dueling so you mean the thing that is in blood for the bloodgod which stil isn't released after 4 months
    Tower bilding timer again flat number adjustments in data easy as f
    Flying unit fix will wait and see. they never have been able to actually fix this. remember how often pegasus where patched and they never really fixed that one
    Ranged units issues are actually more balanced then the sheer DPS hey can put out that gunpowder units should have issues with line of sight and not do beter in ds as tier 2 ranged as a tier 5 melee unit
    AI player bias again number balance
    Unit-responsiveness improvement already proven to be lacking.

ye not that amazing for 4 months work
    4 months ? You mean a month ? Literally the last patch came out a month ago
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,317
    When blood pack.
    edited May 12
    Nitros14 said:

When blood pack.

It’s on the roadmap. It’s slated to arrive in Update 2.0 in Q3*, presumably August or September.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,256
    Nitros14 said:

When blood pack.

Q3:

Sigmar protect us all...

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,544

Nitros14 said:

When blood pack.

It’s on the roadmap. It’s slated to arrive in Update 2.0 in Q4, presumably August or September.
    *Q3

June is a silent month. as far as i remember, so july for 1.3 and IE and stuff august or sept.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,256
    I hope sync kills will finally work after this patch.
    Sigmar protect us all...

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,453
    edited May 12

Schub said:

"Hey we are here to tell you that we are not telling on which day to expect the patch. But it is not Monday. And on Thusday you get more information (and of course it won't be on Friday). So our current great CA mystery: Will it be on Wednesday or on Thursday!?!?!"

Yes I appreciate the communication! And CA thanks for that! But why must there always be a "but". You communicate with us BUT on the other hand you are not telling much! I understand it. If you tell us the patch is coming on Wednesday and you have to postpone it for one day five people of the community will be very sad. Here's a suggestion: stop making communications policy for these five people :)

They are just saying that the patch is next week, not on Monday and to expect info on Tuesday, you are reading way too much into it.
    This.

And the info and content now is going in the right direction. My last hope is for the dlc team to fix the boring cashgrab wh3 is. And their first step (though small) is in the right direction and their heads up is good aswell.

It will be a long road to fix wh3. But what a great job the dlc team did with wh2.

Is there any hope for wh3? Just a fool's hope. (Gandalf smiles)
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,668
    Good. I’ll be in Barcelona for a business trip end of May to early June. This gives me the chance to start another campaign before that. Awesome!

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

Schub said:

"Hey we are here to tell you that we are not telling on which day to expect the patch. But it is not Monday. And on Thusday you get more information (and of course it won't be on Friday). So our current great CA mystery: Will it be on Wednesday or on Thursday!?!?!"

Yes I appreciate the communication! And CA thanks for that! But why must there always be a "but". You communicate with us BUT on the other hand you are not telling much! I understand it. If you tell us the patch is coming on Wednesday and you have to postpone it for one day five people of the community will be very sad. Here's a suggestion: stop making communications policy for these five people :)

This.

And the info and content now is going in the right direction. My last hope is for the dlc team to fix the boring cashgrab wh3 is. And their first step (though small) is in the right direction and their heads up is good aswell.

It will be a long road to fix wh3. But what a great job the dlc team did with wh2.

Is there any hope for wh3? Just a fool's hope. (Gandalf smiles)
    It's already a good game :).
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

edited May 12
    Artjuh90 said:

well are we surprised ca does 2 things: be silent or post irrelavant info which is largly known to avoid talking about actual issues

Yes. Anything CA does is bad. We must always criticize them regardless of what they do. This is the way.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,702
    Tuesday newsday.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,971
    All I'd really care about with this update is the AR fix and enhancements to unit control and attack bug fixes.

But Landbattles still wont have a QB and IE still wont be out so I'm probably just going to end up waiting for August.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,453

Artjuh90 said:

Yes. Anything CA does is bad. We must always criticize them regardless of what they do. This is the way.
    Yes. Anything CA does is good. We must always be yes-men regardless of how unfinished their games are. This is the way.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.

All I'd really care about with this update is the AR fix and enhancements to unit control and attack bug fixes.

But Landbattles still wont have a QB and IE still wont be out so I'm probably just going to end up waiting for August.

Apparently Ogres have a meat bug?

I'll do a campaign with them from next week. That'll be good fun.

Forum Terms & Conditions