Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game Crashes Drivers/Error Drivers?

KingKreiKingKrei Registered Users Posts: 1
So, I don't know if this is the correct place to put this, but Troy seems to have a problem with my computer. I can play it for a bit but after a while something happens that causes my drivers to just die, I mostly notice it in battles, but it can happen on the map. I really find this weird seeing as I can play Three Kingdoms, Warhammer 2 and 3 with no issue of course Three Kingdoms crashes but only the game closes something I think I've seen others complain about.

I've had too full on restart my computer for the crashes and one time I had a crash so bad that I had to take it in to get fixed.

I'm aware of the post about Radeon RX 5700 XT but I assume I'm far past the recommended version 21.8.2. So other than spending I assume near/over 1k for upgrades I'm not sure what to do other than accept this is going to be a game I have to shelf.

Comments

• TheodoreanTheodorean Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same here, AMD drivers always crash after doing the starting battle on a campaign. As soon as the results screen shows driver crashes. This is on a RX 5700XT on latest drivers. Tested on several campaign starts with no mods.
  • TheodoreanTheodorean Registered Users Posts: 3
    Coming back to this to mention that, after disabling AMD RSR I was able to play a couple of starting battles and get past the rewards screen where the driver crash would occur.